|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves the Pillagers from dying?
(c) Government commodities
(d) The moose meat
2. How many children does Sophie's husband already have?
3. How does Pauline get to the middle of the lake?
(a) Nanapush's boat
(b) She walks on water
(c) She rides the lake monster
(d) She swims
4. What does Fleur ask for to stop her bleeding?
(a) Tree bark
5. What is Pauline's new name?
(d) Sister Sarah
6. What family does Lulu want to marry into?
(b) The Morrissey
(d) A white family
7. Who takes the land money to pay the agent?
8. Who pronounces Pauline white and able to serve in the convent?
(b) Father Damien
(c) Sister Anne
(d) The government agent
9. Who feeds Pauline fish broth?
(b) Sister Anne
10. What does Pauline name her daughter?
11. What do Fleur and Eli bury the baby in?
(a) A tree
(b) A coffin in the lake
(c) The box from Lulu's shoes
(d) They don't bury the baby
12. What does Pauline call the marks left by the forceps on Marie's head?
(a) Angel kisses
(b) Devil's thumbs
(d) Signs that the baby wasn't ready
13. What job did Nanapush once perform for the government?
(b) Law officer
14. What does Nanapush do for Eli to find his way home?
(a) Ties a string to Eli to follow back
(b) Shovels a path
(c) Sends up flares
(d) Beat footsteps on a drum
15. Why does Pauline feel no guilt over Napoleon's death?
(a) Because she hated him anyway
(b) Because she feels Christ told her to kill him
(c) Because she did not know how the devil would appear
(d) Because she is delirious
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poison that afflicts the reservation?
2. What does Pukwan bring back to the reservation?
3. How many children does Margaret have?
4. What does the white doctor want to do with Lulu's feet?
5. Who attacks Nanapush and Margaret on their way home from church?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)