Chapter 1, Nanapush
1. Nanapush is considered an elder but is only how old?
2. What killed a large number of Anishinabe in 1912?
(a) The French
(b) Crow Indians
(c) Spotted sickness
(d) Hay Fever
3. In what direction are the faces of Fleur's dead family turned?
4. Why do some people say they are plagued by bad luck?
(a) They are windigo
(b) Because of dissatisfied spirits of Fleur's dead relatives
(c) Because the whites took their money
(d) Because of Father Damien
5. What is windigo?
(a) The sickness that killed Fleur's family
(c) The name of the lake monster
(d) Another tribe of Indian
6. What is the name of the lake where Fleur's cabin is located?
7. What are the clan markers of Fleur's family?
(a) 4 cross-hatched bears and a marten
(b) A lizard and a fish
(c) An owl and wolf
(d) A bear, an eagle, and a fox
8. What saves Nanapush and Fleur from death?
(a) Spring thaw
(d) Father Damien's visit
This section contains 3,355 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)