Chapter 1, Nanapush
• Nanapush talks about the life of the Native American.
• Nanapush talks like a wise old man who has seen and experienced much.
• Nanapush tells how he and Fleur came to be family.
• Fleur nearly dies from the sickness that claims her family.
• The power of overcoming death seems to infuse Fleur.
• Fleur is a mysterious and powerful creature even from a young age.
Chapter 2, Pauline
• Pauline tells about the times Fleur has almost drowned and what happened to the men who helped save her.
• Pauline describes herself as plain and invisible.
• Fleur goes to Argus where she works in a butcher shop.
• Fleur plays poker with the men who work in the shop and wins.
• Pauline feels safe with Fleur around.
• The men get drunk after a poker game and attack Fleur.
• Russell and Pauline trap the men in a meat freezer.
• A tornado rips through...
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)