|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dr Faustus: Textual Montage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grotowski define as "not a collection of skills but an eradication of blocks?"
(a) Resistance training.
(b) Der negate.
(c) The Method.
(d) Via negativa.
2. What form of theatre is based around improvised scenarios, which Grotowski cites in "The Theatre's New Testament"?
(b) Performance art.
(c) Greek theatre.
(d) Commedia dell'Arte.
3. When was the interview "The Theatre's New Testament" made?
4. The actor playing Dr. Faustus in Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus" is said to resemble _____.
(a) St. Christopher.
(b) St. Sebastian.
(c) St. Augustus.
(d) St. Martin.
5. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that the characters of the Odyssey are still actual because there are still _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5 of Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus", Faustus talks to Cornelius and _____.
2. In Scene 17 of Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus", Faustus is transported to the Vatican by what?
3. Who wrote "Akropolis"?
4. Who wrote the original script of "Dr. Faustus"?
5. In "The Theatre's New Testament," Grotowski says that it is "far less risky to be Mr. Smith all one's life than to be" _____.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)