|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theatre is an Encounter, and Akropolis: Treatment of the Text.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grotowski's school?
(a) The Box.
(b) The Laboratory.
(c) Theatre of Cruelty.
(d) The Actor's Studio.
2. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that he gravitates toward the great romantic poets of Poland, but also to the works of Calderon and _____.
3. What training techniques of oriental theatre does Grotowski implement?
(a) Balinese Opera.
(b) Peking Opera.
(c) Thai Opera.
(d) Mejing Opera.
4. Who wrote "Akropolis"?
5. To the average theatregoer, the theatre is first and foremost a what, according to Grotowski?
Short Answer Questions
1. The word "actress" and _____ were once synonymous.
2. Where does the action of "Akropolis" take place in the text?
3. Who conducted the interview for "Theatre is an Encounter"?
4. What does Grotowski compare his work with actors to, as opposed to that of the artist or the scientist in "The Theatre's New Testament"?
5. Who does Grotowski say theorized that the theatre should be a synthesis of all the arts?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)