|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theatre is an Encounter, and Akropolis: Treatment of the Text.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grotowski say that he and his actors are trying to avoid in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
2. In "The Theatre's New Testament", Grotowski asserts that the work at The Laboratory has nothing to do with _____.
3. What does "he who once dreamed of becoming a playwright" usually end up as, according to Grotowski?
(a) A producer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A director.
(d) A ticket-taker.
4. What director proposed an autonomous theatre "vis-à-vis literature," according to Grotowski in "Theatre is an Encounter"?
5. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that the characters of the Odyssey are still actual because there are still _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the interview for "Theatre is an Encounter" take place?
2. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter", that when we think of Chekhov, we think of his plays in whose style?
3. Grotowski talks of catharsis in comparing how the audience feels for Creon versus _____.
4. Who wrote the preface to "Towards a Poor Theatre"?
5. What does Grotowski define as "not a collection of skills but an eradication of blocks?"
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)