|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theatre is an Encounter, and Akropolis: Treatment of the Text.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grotowski say asked the key methodological questions of acting in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
2. What is the name of Grotowski's school?
(a) The Actor's Studio.
(b) The Box.
(c) Theatre of Cruelty.
(d) The Laboratory.
3. The two fundamental elements that define theatre to Grotowski are the actor and the _____.
4. Who wrote "Akropolis"?
5. Whose investigations of extroversive and introversive reactions are incorporated into Grotowski's system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that Meyerhold's production of "The Inspector General" was a sort of collage of the texts of _____.
2. Grotowski's "holy actor" does not sell his body but _____ .
3. Grotowski claims in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) that his productions are detailed investigations of the _____ relationship.
4. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that he gravitates toward the great romantic poets of Poland, but also to the works of Calderon and _____.
5. When discussing poetry and myth, Grotowski cites the myth of _____ in "Theatre is an Encounter".
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)