|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Theatre's New Testament.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grotowski claims in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) that there is not a contradiction between inner technique and _____.
(c) Psychic ability.
2. When was the interview in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) first published?
3. Whose work on "physical actions" is incorporated into Grotowski's system?
4. What does Grotowski define as "the ability to concentrate in a particular theatrical way and can be attained with a minimum of good-will"?
5. In "The Theatre's New Testament", Grotowski asserts that the work at The Laboratory has nothing to do with _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grotowski claims in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) that his productions are detailed investigations of the _____ relationship.
2. What does "he who once dreamed of becoming a playwright" usually end up as, according to Grotowski?
3. The technique of the "holy actor" is _____.
4. The two fundamental elements that define theatre to Grotowski are the actor and the _____.
5. Grotowski's "holy actor" does not sell his body but _____ .
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)