|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Theatre's New Testament.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed a system of synthesis that Grotowski adopted for the actor?
2. Who wrote the preface to "Towards a Poor Theatre"?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Peter Brook.
(c) Lans Sosnowski.
(d) Jerzy Grotowski.
3. What is the name of Grotowski's school?
(a) The Actor's Studio.
(b) The Laboratory.
(c) Theatre of Cruelty.
(d) The Box.
4. What does the phrase, "Primum non nocere" mean?
(a) First, do not harm.
(b) Harm is epidemic.
(c) Always at night.
(d) Black as night.
5. Grotowski's "holy actor" does not sell his body but _____ .
(a) Retains it.
(b) Sacrifices it.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Represses it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grotowski claim to feel when asked, "What is the origin of your experimental theatre productions?"
2. What form of theatre is based around improvised scenarios, which Grotowski cites in "The Theatre's New Testament"?
3. Who does Grotowski say theorized that the theatre should be a synthesis of all the arts?
4. The technique of the "holy actor" is _____.
5. The technique of the "courtesan actor" is _____.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)