|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Theatre's New Testament.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Grotowski quote in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) as saying, "Each technique leads to metaphysics"?
2. When was the interview "The Theatre's New Testament" made?
3. What training techniques of oriental theatre does Grotowski implement?
(a) Peking Opera.
(b) Mejing Opera.
(c) Thai Opera.
(d) Balinese Opera.
4. When was the interview in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) first published?
5. Whose investigations of extroversive and introversive reactions are incorporated into Grotowski's system?
Short Answer Questions
1. To the average theatregoer, the theatre is first and foremost a what, according to Grotowski?
2. In "The Theatre's New Testament", Grotowski asserts that the work at The Laboratory has nothing to do with _____.
3. Grotowski talks of catharsis in comparing how the audience feels for Creon versus _____.
4. Who does Grotowski say theorized that the theatre should be a synthesis of all the arts?
5. In "The Theatre's New Testament," Grotowski says, "The elaboration of artificiality is a question of _____ - sounds and gestures - which evoke associations in the psyche of the audience."
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)