|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Theatre's New Testament.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the interview "The Theatre's New Testament" made?
2. What does "he who once dreamed of becoming a playwright" usually end up as, according to Grotowski?
(a) A producer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A director.
(d) A ticket-taker.
3. Who wrote the preface to "Towards a Poor Theatre"?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Lans Sosnowski.
(c) Peter Brook.
(d) Jerzy Grotowski.
4. How does Grotowski claim to feel when asked, "What is the origin of your experimental theatre productions?"
5. Who wrote "Akropolis"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Theatre's New Testament", Grotowski asserts that the work at The Laboratory has nothing to do with _____.
2. What does Grotowski refer to contemporary theatre, or "synthetic theatre" as in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
3. Whose work on "physical actions" is incorporated into Grotowski's system?
4. What does Grotowski compare his work with actors to, as opposed to that of the artist or the scientist in "The Theatre's New Testament"?
5. The technique of the "courtesan actor" is _____.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)