|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dr Faustus: Textual Montage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act and scene in the original script of "Dr. Faustus" does Grotowski's version begin with?
(a) Act 5, Scene 1.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 5, Scene 2.
(d) Act 4, Scene 3.
2. When discussing poetry and myth, Grotowski cites the myth of _____ in "Theatre is an Encounter".
3. Whose work on "physical actions" is incorporated into Grotowski's system?
4. Who wrote the original script of "Dr. Faustus"?
5. What does Grotowski say that plays in book form should be called in "Theatre is an Encounter"?
(a) Mise en scène.
(d) Dramatic literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grotowski say is as important in the education of the actor as it is to a pianist or dancer?
2. What is the setting of Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus"?
3. When did the interview for "Theatre is an Encounter" take place?
4. What does the phrase, "Primum non nocere" mean?
5. How long in the play "Dr. Faustus" does Faustus have to live before his martyrdom of hell?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)