|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Actor's Training (1966).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter" that he gravitates toward the great romantic poets of Poland, but also to the works of Calderon and _____.
2. Where does the action of "Akropolis" take place in the text?
(a) A ship.
(b) A prison.
(c) A Spanish cathedral.
(d) A Cracow cathedral.
3. Grotowski writes in "He Wasn't Entirely Himself," that "like ____, Artaud knew of Emmanuel's coming, and what it promised."
4. Where is Faustus in Scene 6 of Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A forest.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A castle.
5. Grotowski states in "Theatre is an Encounter", that when we think of Chekhov, we think of his plays in whose style?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grotowski define as "the ability to concentrate in a particular theatrical way and can be attained with a minimum of good-will"?
2. Grotowski demands _____ in his classroom.
3. Where did Grotowski reset "Akropolis"?
4. When was the interview "The Theatre's New Testament" made?
5. Grotowski's motto with which he starts his lessons is, "The essence of the theatre is the actor, his actions, and _____."
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)