|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Skara Speech.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first exercise in "Warming Up" from "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)"?
(a) Rhythmical walking while arms and hands rotate.
(b) Walk with knees bent, gripping the ankles.
(c) Walk with knees bent, hands on hips.
(d) Running on tiptoe.
2. Grotowski says in "Skara Speech" that on the stage, "we often detect a lack of harmony because the actors don't _____ their partners."
(a) Listen to.
3. Whom does the Angel struggle with in "Akropolis"?
4. Grotowski tells the students in "Skara Speech" to "make your actions _____."
5. What director proposed an autonomous theatre "vis-à-vis literature," according to Grotowski in "Theatre is an Encounter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The actor should take special care to open the _____ when speaking and breathing.
2. The body should appear how in the warm-up exercises from "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)"?
3. How long was Grotowski's seminar at the Skara Drama School?
4. Grotowski claims in "Skara Speech" that our whole body is a system of _____.
5. Grotowski says in "Skara Speech" that the "whole secret" is "Stimulations, impulses, and _____."
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)