|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
2. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
3. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
4. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
5. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
2. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
3. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
4. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
5. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
6. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
7. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
9. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
10. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Jean Hoerni, how did he initially help Greg with the Korphe school project; and how did Hoerni later provide significant support for Greg's life work?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)