|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
2. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
3. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
4. What arrived in a red velvet box?
5. How soon did Greg tell his captors his baby was due?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
2. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
3. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
4. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
5. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
7. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
8. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
9. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
10. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 2
It is argued that Greg's projects helped build up Pakistan and Afghanistan, and at the same time fight terrorism. Greg is described by Relin as someone with the ability to pull people together from all levels of Pakistan society, and from among all the warring factions of Islam into his realm of supporting this work. Based on the details presented in the book, do you agree or disagree with these statements, and why? Provide details from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)