|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
2. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
3. Greg was back home with his wife for the birth of their first child, along with the ___.
4. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
5. Greg had returned to the U.S., and according to Chapters 10 through 12 was working at a __.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
2. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
3. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
4. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
5. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
6. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
7. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
8. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
9. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
10. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 2
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 3
Define Greg's religious belief as a young man, and how his time in Rawalpindi impacted his religious belief system. Provide details from the book to support your response.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)