|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
2. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
3. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
4. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
5. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
2. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
3. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
4. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
5. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
6. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
7. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
9. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
10. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
Essay Topic 3
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)