|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insisted that Greg send them a picture of the completed Korphe school as soon as it was finished, since they were not getting any younger?
2. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
3. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. How soon did Greg tell his captors his baby was due?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 2
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
Essay Topic 3
The people of Korphe wanted a bridge. Greg not only did not have the money to build it, he was reluctant to have a bridge connecting the outside world to Korphe. What did the bridge symbolize to the people, and what did it symbolize to Greg? Provide details from the book in responses.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)