|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
2. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. Whose wife died in child birth?
5. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
Essay Topic 2
It is argued that Greg's projects helped build up Pakistan and Afghanistan, and at the same time fight terrorism. Greg is described by Relin as someone with the ability to pull people together from all levels of Pakistan society, and from among all the warring factions of Islam into his realm of supporting this work. Based on the details presented in the book, do you agree or disagree with these statements, and why? Provide details from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)