|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
2. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
3. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
4. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
5. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
2. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
3. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
4. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
5. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
6. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
7. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
8. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
9. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
10. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 2
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)