|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
2. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
3. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
4. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
5. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
2. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
3. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
4. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
5. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
6. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
7. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
8. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
9. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
10. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 2
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 3
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)