|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg was back home with his wife for the birth of their first child, along with the ___.
2. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
3. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
4. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
5. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
2. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
3. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
4. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
5. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
6. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
7. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
9. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
10. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 2
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)