|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
2. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
3. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
4. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
5. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
2. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
3. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
4. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
5. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
6. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
7. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
9. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
10. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
Essay Topic 2
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 3
It is argued that Greg's projects helped build up Pakistan and Afghanistan, and at the same time fight terrorism. Greg is described by Relin as someone with the ability to pull people together from all levels of Pakistan society, and from among all the warring factions of Islam into his realm of supporting this work. Based on the details presented in the book, do you agree or disagree with these statements, and why? Provide details from the book to support your argument.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)