|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
2. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
3. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. Brent was Greg's ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
2. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
3. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
4. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
5. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
6. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
8. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
9. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
10. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
Essay Topic 2
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)