|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
2. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
3. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
4. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
5. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
2. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
3. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
4. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
5. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
6. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
7. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
8. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
9. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
10. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)