|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Pakistan, Greg met ___ Parvi, who now worked with Changazi.
2. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
3. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
4. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
5. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
2. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
3. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
4. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
5. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
6. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
7. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
8. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
9. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
10. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 2
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)