|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
3. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
4. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
5. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
2. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
3. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
4. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
5. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
6. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
7. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
8. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
9. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
10. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Jean Hoerni, how did he initially help Greg with the Korphe school project; and how did Hoerni later provide significant support for Greg's life work?
Essay Topic 3
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)