|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
2. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
3. Brent was Greg's ____.
4. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
5. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
2. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
3. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
4. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
5. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
6. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
7. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
8. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
9. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
10. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 2
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
Essay Topic 3
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)