|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
2. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
3. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
4. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
5. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
2. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
3. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
4. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
5. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
6. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
8. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
9. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
10. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
Essay Topic 2
What were the more significant donations to Greg's projects as detailed in the book, and which ones did he refuse, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)