|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
2. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
3. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
4. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
5. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
2. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
3. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
4. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
5. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
6. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
8. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
9. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
10. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 3
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)