|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
2. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
3. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
4. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
5. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
2. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
3. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
4. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
5. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
6. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
7. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
8. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
9. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
10. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)