|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Greg return to Pakistan as the director of the newly founded CAI?
2. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
3. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
4. Whose wife died in child birth?
5. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
2. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
3. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
4. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
5. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
6. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
7. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
8. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
9. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
10. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
Essay Topic 3
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)