|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
2. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
3. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
4. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
5. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
2. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
3. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
4. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
5. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
6. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
7. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
8. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
9. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
10. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 2
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
Essay Topic 3
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)