|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
2. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
3. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
4. Whose wife died in child birth?
5. Brent was Greg's ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
2. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
3. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
4. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
5. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
7. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
8. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
9. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
10. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people of Korphe wanted a bridge. Greg not only did not have the money to build it, he was reluctant to have a bridge connecting the outside world to Korphe. What did the bridge symbolize to the people, and what did it symbolize to Greg? Provide details from the book in responses.
Essay Topic 2
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 3
Define Greg's religious belief as a young man, and how his time in Rawalpindi impacted his religious belief system. Provide details from the book to support your response.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)