|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
3. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
4. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
5. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
2. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
3. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
4. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
5. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
6. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
7. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
9. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
10. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Greg's relationship with Dr. Villard develop, and eventually lead to disappointment; and how did this relationship exemplify the level of Greg's commitment to the Korphe school project, as well as his feelings toward Dr. Villard?
Essay Topic 2
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)