|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
2. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
3. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
4. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
5. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
2. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
3. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
4. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
5. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
6. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
7. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
8. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
9. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
10. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
Essay Topic 3
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)