|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
2. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
3. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
4. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
5. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
2. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
3. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
4. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
5. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
8. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
9. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
10. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 2
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
Essay Topic 3
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)