|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
2. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
3. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
5. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
2. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
3. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
4. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
5. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
6. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
7. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
8. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
9. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
10. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 2
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 3
What were the more significant donations to Greg's projects as detailed in the book, and which ones did he refuse, and why?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)