|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
2. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
3. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
4. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
5. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
2. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
3. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
4. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
5. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
6. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
7. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
8. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
9. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
10. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's relationship with Dr. Villard develop, and eventually lead to disappointment; and how did this relationship exemplify the level of Greg's commitment to the Korphe school project, as well as his feelings toward Dr. Villard?
Essay Topic 3
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)