|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The room Greg got in Pakistan was stifling hot and enclosed with what?
2. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
3. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
4. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
5. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
3. Who were Greg's parents?
4. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
5. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
6. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
7. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
8. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
9. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
10. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 2
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 3
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)