|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
2. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
3. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
4. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
5. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
2. Once the Korphe school project began, why was Greg relegated to bystander?
3. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
4. Who was Fatima Batool?
5. How did Greg's pleas after 9/11 impact his family?
6. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
7. Why did Greg refuse the million dollar military funding offered for his school projects, after his D.C. presentation?
8. Back in Pakistan, Greg had a house that had been permanently set aside for when he came to Korphe, and in this house he held meetings for what?
9. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
10. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
Essay Topic 2
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)