|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
2. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
3. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
5. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
2. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
3. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
4. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
5. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
6. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
7. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
8. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
9. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
10. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
Essay Topic 2
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 3
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)