|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
2. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
3. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
4. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
5. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
2. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
3. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
4. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
5. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
6. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
7. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
8. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
9. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
10. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 3
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)