|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
2. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
3. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
4. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
5. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
2. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
3. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
4. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
5. Who were Greg's parents?
6. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
7. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
8. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
9. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
10. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 3
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)