|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
2. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
3. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
4. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
5. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
2. Who were Greg's parents?
3. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
4. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
5. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
6. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
7. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
8. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
9. Why was Korphe so isolated?
10. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 2
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 3
The people of Korphe wanted a bridge. Greg not only did not have the money to build it, he was reluctant to have a bridge connecting the outside world to Korphe. What did the bridge symbolize to the people, and what did it symbolize to Greg? Provide details from the book in responses.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)