|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
2. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
3. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
4. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
5. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
2. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
3. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
4. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
5. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
6. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
7. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
8. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
9. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
10. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define Greg's religious belief as a young man, and how his time in Rawalpindi impacted his religious belief system. Provide details from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's relationship with Dr. Villard develop, and eventually lead to disappointment; and how did this relationship exemplify the level of Greg's commitment to the Korphe school project, as well as his feelings toward Dr. Villard?
Essay Topic 3
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)