|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
2. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
3. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
4. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
5. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
2. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
3. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
5. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
6. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
7. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
8. Why was Korphe so isolated?
9. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
10. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened with Greg in Waziristan? What other incidents and/or situations indicated the personal danger Greg was in as he worked and traveled in these foreign nations?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
Essay Topic 3
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)