|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
2. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
3. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
4. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
5. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
2. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
3. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
4. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
5. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
6. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
7. Who were Greg's parents?
8. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
9. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
10. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the more significant donations to Greg's projects as detailed in the book, and which ones did he refuse, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)