|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
2. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
3. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
4. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. After 9/11, Greg made a plea to Americans about the school projects. What was it?
3. What promise did Greg make to Jahan, and when did she come to collect on that promise?
4. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
5. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
6. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
7. What happened to surprise Greg at a fundraising event he set up, where only six people came, and he had put out chairs for 200?
8. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
9. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
10. What does the book describe about the village of Zuudkhan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)