|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
2. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
3. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
4. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
5. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
2. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
3. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
4. Why was Korphe so isolated?
5. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
6. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
7. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
8. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
9. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Jean Hoerni, how did he initially help Greg with the Korphe school project; and how did Hoerni later provide significant support for Greg's life work?
Essay Topic 2
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 3
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)