|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
2. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
3. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
4. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
5. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
2. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
3. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
5. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
6. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
7. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
8. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
9. Who were Greg's parents?
10. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 2
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 3
The people of Korphe wanted a bridge. Greg not only did not have the money to build it, he was reluctant to have a bridge connecting the outside world to Korphe. What did the bridge symbolize to the people, and what did it symbolize to Greg? Provide details from the book in responses.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)