|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
2. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
3. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
4. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
5. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
2. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
3. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
4. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
5. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
6. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
7. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
8. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
9. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
10. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 3
How is the tenacity of climbing seen in various aspects of Greg's life, as detailed in the book?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)