|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
2. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
3. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
4. Greg had made the climb attempt in order to honor his youngest sister, ______ memory.
5. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
2. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
3. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
4. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
5. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
6. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
7. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
8. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
9. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
10. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
Essay Topic 1
Identify CAI students from the book and discuss how the Korphe and/or CAI schools/projects positively impacted their lives.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 3
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
This section contains 1,493 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)