|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
2. The bridge would go over what river?
3. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
4. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
5. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
2. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
3. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
4. Who were Greg's parents?
5. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
6. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
7. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
8. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
9. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
10. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is argued that Greg's projects helped build up Pakistan and Afghanistan, and at the same time fight terrorism. Greg is described by Relin as someone with the ability to pull people together from all levels of Pakistan society, and from among all the warring factions of Islam into his realm of supporting this work. Based on the details presented in the book, do you agree or disagree with these statements, and why? Provide details from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Greg and Christa's relationship have on each of their lives, and what kind of relationship did they have? Provide details from the book to support responses.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Greg's attitude towards the people of Korphe and how this affected his relationship with them - from when he met them to after completing the school and being involved in later projects to help the people of Korphe.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)