|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
2. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
3. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
4. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
5. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
2. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
3. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
4. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
5. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
6. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
7. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
8. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
9. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
10. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book, Relin described what he called "Mortenson time." Explain this reference. Then, describe how Greg's behavior, from book details, exemplify this concept.
Essay Topic 3
How did 9/11 affect Greg's work in Pakistan and Afghanistan; his pleas for help, as well as his safety and that of his family?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)