|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
2. Greg's dad died of what?
3. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
4. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
5. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
2. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
3. In Pakistan, after 9/11, what was the "circus" Suleman invited Greg to come see?
4. What was the result the "Parade" interview publicity?
5. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
6. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
8. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
9. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
Essay Topic 1
Who was Jean Hoerni, how did he initially help Greg with the Korphe school project; and how did Hoerni later provide significant support for Greg's life work?
Essay Topic 2
Greg and Haji Ali developed a relationship overtime. Describe this relationship, as well as how this relationship connected Greg with other members of Haji's family. How did any of these relationships help Greg as he worked on the projects not just in Korphe, but later in other parts of Pakistan.
Essay Topic 3
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)