|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
2. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
3. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
4. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
5. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
2. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
3. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
4. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
5. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
6. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
7. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
8. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
9. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
10. Who were Greg's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What projects did Greg complete in Korphe, as detailed in the book, and how did each completed project impact the women of Korphe?
Essay Topic 2
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 3
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)