|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
2. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
3. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
4. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
5. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg go to Kirghiz?
2. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
3. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
4. Why did Greg refuse the million dollar military funding offered for his school projects, after his D.C. presentation?
5. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
6. Back in Pakistan, Greg had a house that had been permanently set aside for when he came to Korphe, and in this house he held meetings for what?
7. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
8. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
9. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
Essay Topic 1
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
Essay Topic 2
How did Greg's personal and professional lives begin to fall apart with the mounting difficulties of his work in Pakistan; and what were some of these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
Besides Hoerni, what people other significantly impacted Greg's completion of the Korphe projects, and what were their specific contributions?
This section contains 1,447 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)