|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
2. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
3. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
4. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
5. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
2. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
3. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
4. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
5. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
6. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
7. Why was Korphe so isolated?
8. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
9. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
10. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Greg had the money to buy building supplies for the Korphe school he had many challenges to overcome. Explain these challenges, and any resolutions. How did this experience help Greg for future projects? Hinder him for current projects?
Essay Topic 2
What did the "three cups of tea" symbolize in Haji's discussion with Greg about the people? Discuss Greg's response as well.
Essay Topic 3
What was CAI, and how did Greg use this organization to facilitate his educational vision for Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)