|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
2. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
3. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
(a) Brick layers
(b) Civil engineers.
(d) Industrial engineers.
4. After a short period of time, what did Greg and Tara decide about their relationship?
(a) To get engaged.
(b) To be friends.
(c) To date.
(d) To get married.
5. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
(b) Muscular Dystrophy.
(c) Cerebral Palsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
2. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
3. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
4. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
5. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
2. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
3. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
4. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
5. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
7. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
8. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
9. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
10. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)