|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
2. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
(d) Wild boar.
3. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
(d) Cerebral Palsy.
4. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Fresh drinking water.
(b) Better food.
(c) Good medical care.
(d) Medical supplies.
5. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
(c) Supply buying Guide.
(d) Assistant CAI Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
2. What arrived in a red velvet box?
3. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
4. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
5. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
2. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
3. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
4. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
5. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
6. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
8. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
9. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
10. According to Chapters 13 through 16, who made up the new CAI board?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)