|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
2. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
3. When Greg traveled to Waziristan, he saw heavily armed men doing what?
(a) Unloading stolen U.N. provisions.
(b) Loading slaves.
(c) Smoking hashish.
(d) Shooting trees for target practice.
4. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
5. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
2. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
3. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
4. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
5. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
Short Essay Questions
1. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
2. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
3. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
4. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
5. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
6. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
7. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
8. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
9. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
10. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)