|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
2. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
3. Eventually, Greg's Waziristan captors let him go and and gave him what before he was set free?
(b) A gun.
(c) A blanket.
4. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Good medical care.
(b) Fresh drinking water.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Better food.
5. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
Short Answer Questions
1. After a short period of time, what did Greg and Tara decide about their relationship?
2. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
3. Greg was back home with his wife for the birth of their first child, along with the ___.
4. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
5. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
2. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
3. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
4. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
5. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
7. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
8. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
9. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
10. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)