|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
2. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
3. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
4. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(b) Climbing teams.
(c) Water projects.
5. Whose wife died in child birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
2. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
3. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
4. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
5. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
2. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
3. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
4. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
5. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
6. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
7. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
8. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
9. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
10. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)