|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
(a) Bozeman, Montana.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Hailey, Idaho.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
2. Whose wife died in child birth?
3. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
(d) About a quarter.
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg met ___ Parvi, who now worked with Changazi.
3. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
4. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
5. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
2. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
3. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
4. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
5. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
6. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
7. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
8. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
9. Why did Greg hire Parvi and Suleman when he returned to Pakistan, as detailed in Chapters 13 through 16?
10. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)