|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
(a) Haji's wife.
(b) Haji's grangdaughter.
(c) Haji's son.
2. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
(b) Muscular Dystrophy.
(c) Cerebral Palsy.
3. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
4. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to handle local aspects of projects?
5. Who paid the ram price to the mercenary to keep the Korphe school project from being shut down?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
2. Brent was Greg's ____.
3. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
4. When Greg traveled to Waziristan, he saw heavily armed men doing what?
5. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
2. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
3. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
4. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
5. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
6. Why did Greg hire additional teachers for the government school mentioned in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. Why did Hoerni call Greg shortly after Greg's first child was born?
8. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
9. When Greg expressed his disappointment about the Korphe school's progress, what did Haji Ali point out about the school?
10. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)