|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
(a) A local family.
(b) The village leader.
(c) A village elder.
(d) The leader of the armed men.
2. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
3. Who paid the ram price to the mercenary to keep the Korphe school project from being shut down?
4. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
(a) Badam Gul.
(b) Mohammed Ali.
(c) Ghulam Parvi.
(d) Abdul Shah.
5. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
2. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
3. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
4. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
5. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twaha tell Greg about finding the right woman?
2. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
3. What happened when Greg was awakened by armed men in Waziristan?
4. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
5. What did Greg admit to Twaha about his relationship with Marina?
6. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
7. According to Chapters 13 through 16, why did Greg start taking his meals in the kitchen?
8. How did Hoerni insist that George McGowan could help Greg with his school projects?
9. Upon returning to Pakistan in Chapters 10 through 12, what did Greg find had been done on the Korphe school project?
10. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)