|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(a) Water projects.
(b) Climbing teams.
2. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
3. Brent was Greg's ____.
(a) Korphe guide.
4. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Oldest daughter.
5. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
2. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to handle local aspects of projects?
3. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
4. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
5. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Brent and how did he help in Korphe?
2. After the rain stopped in Korphe, how did Greg get started with building the bridge?
3. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
4. Where did Greg and Tara Bishop meet and how did their relationship develop?
5. What warning did Haji Ali give Greg, since Greg traveled around the country a lot?
6. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
7. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
8. Why did Greg tell his Waziristan captors about his wife's pregnancy, and that she was due in less than a month?
9. Who suggested Greg make school building his life work, and why?
10. Why was Greg accepted into the kitchen by Sakina, Haji Ali's wife, when outsiders are usually not allowed into such places?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)