|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) An intern.
(b) An internist.
(c) A neurosurgeon.
(d) An anesthesiologist.
2. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
3. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
(c) High School.
4. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
5. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(b) His extra food.
(c) His canteen.
(d) His pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
2. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
3. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
5. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
2. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
3. Why was Korphe so isolated?
4. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
5. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
6. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
7. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
8. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
9. Who were Greg's parents?
10. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)