|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
2. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
(a) Greg's climbing assistant.
(b) Greg's wife and guide.
(c) Greg's climbing group.
(d) Greg's guide.
3. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Skardu.
(b) In Kuardu.
(c) In Korphe.
(d) In Rawalpindi.
4. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
5. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Shigar.
(b) The Shyok.
(c) The Braldu.
(d) The Bara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
2. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
3. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
4. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
5. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
3. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
4. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
5. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
6. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
7. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
8. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
9. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
10. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)