|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
2. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(b) Half a year.
3. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
4. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Lumber yard.
(b) Local restaurant.
(c) Recreation building.
5. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
2. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
3. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
4. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
5. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
2. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
3. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
4. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
5. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
6. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
7. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
8. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
9. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
10. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)