|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
2. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
(a) Drink tea.
(c) Hire a truck.
(d) Shop other items.
3. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(b) Half a year.
4. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(a) His extra food.
(b) His pack.
(d) His canteen.
5. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
2. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
3. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
4. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
5. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
2. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
3. Who were Greg's parents?
4. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
5. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
6. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
7. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
8. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
9. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)