|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) A huge fire built in the field.
(b) Horns blowing.
(c) A celebration and singing.
(d) Shots fired.
2. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Kishwar Syed.
(d) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
3. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(c) Drug dealers.
5. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
2. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
3. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
4. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
5. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
3. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
4. Who were Greg's parents?
5. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
6. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
7. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
8. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
9. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
10. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)