|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take Greg and his supply guide to buy all the items they needed for the Korphe school before they were delivered to a hired truck for transport?
2. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Inside with the load.
(b) Inside the cab.
(c) On top of the load.
(d) On the roof of the cab.
3. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(d) Drug dealers.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
(a) Dr. Reichardt.
(b) Dr. Villard.
(c) Dr. Hoerni.
(d) Dr. Anesthi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Greg quickly produce the rest of the donation letters after they found out about his project?
2. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
3. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
4. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
5. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
2. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
3. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
4. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
5. Why was Korphe so isolated?
6. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
7. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
8. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
9. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
10. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)