|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) A celebration and singing.
(b) Shots fired.
(c) Horns blowing.
(d) A huge fire built in the field.
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(b) Drug dealers.
3. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
(a) A fellow climber.
(b) His wife.
(c) The guide.
(d) His assistant.
4. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
5. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
2. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
3. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
4. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
5. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
3. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
4. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
5. Who were Greg's parents?
6. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
7. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
8. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
9. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
10. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)