|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Rawalpindi.
(b) In Kuardu.
(c) In Korphe.
(d) In Skardu.
2. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
3. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
4. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(c) Mint leaf.
5. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
Short Answer Questions
1. The bridge would go over what river?
2. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
3. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
4. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
5. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
2. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
3. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
4. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
5. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
6. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
7. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
8. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
9. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)