|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
(a) Costa Rica.
2. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) On top of the load.
(b) On the roof of the cab.
(c) Inside the cab.
(d) Inside with the load.
3. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
(a) Basement of his family home.
(c) Apartment of a friend.
(d) Work locker.
4. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Supply.
(b) Lazer Copy.
(c) Lazer Image.
(d) Lazer Ink and Copy.
5. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Dr. Greg.
(b) Greg sahib.
(c) Dr. M.
(d) Mr. Greg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
2. Greg's dad died of what?
3. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
4. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
5. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
2. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
3. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
4. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
5. Why was Korphe so isolated?
6. Who were Greg's parents?
7. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
8. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
9. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
10. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)