|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
(d) High School.
2. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
3. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
(a) Building tools.
4. Greg had made the climb attempt in order to honor his youngest sister, ______ memory.
5. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
2. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
3. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
4. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
5. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Greg's parents?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
3. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
4. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
5. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
6. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
7. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
8. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
9. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
10. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)