|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
2. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
3. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Villard.
(b) Dr. Anesthi.
(c) Dr. Hoerni.
(d) Dr. Reichardt.
4. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) George McCown.
(b) Jean Hoerni.
(c) Louis Reichardt.
(d) Tom Brokaw.
5. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) An internist.
(c) An intern.
(d) An anesthesiologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
2. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
3. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
4. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
5. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to surprise Greg at a fundraising event he set up, where only six people came, and he had put out chairs for 200?
2. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
3. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
4. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
5. What happened when Greg contacted Tara after is Waziristan release, and being out of contact with her for several days?
6. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
7. What was the result the "Parade" interview publicity?
8. Why did Greg start a new project for clean water, as explained in Chapters 13 through 16?
9. Who wrote Greg a check to build the Korphe bridge?
10. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)