|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(a) Mountain path.
(c) Cable car.
2. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
3. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Ghulam Parvi.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Faisal baig.
4. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Kishwar Syed.
5. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
2. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
3. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
4. The room Greg got in Pakistan was stifling hot and enclosed with what?
5. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
2. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
3. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
4. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
5. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
6. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
7. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
8. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
9. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
10. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)