|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
(b) New York.
2. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
3. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
4. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
(a) Severe Asthma.
(b) A mild stroke.
(c) Severe seizures.
(d) Cerebral Palsy.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Ghulam Parvi.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Faisal baig.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
3. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
4. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
5. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
2. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
3. Why was Korphe so isolated?
4. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
5. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
6. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
7. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
8. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
9. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
10. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)