|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
2. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Skardu.
(b) In Rawalpindi.
(c) In Korphe.
(d) In Kuardu.
3. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(d) Half a year.
4. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
5. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
(a) Scott Darsney.
(b) George McCown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
2. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
3. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
4. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
2. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
3. Why was Korphe so isolated?
4. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
5. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
6. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
7. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
8. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
9. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
10. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)