|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg's dad died of what?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Kidney failure.
2. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Haji Ali.
(b) Abdul Shah.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changai.
3. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
(a) His self-storage unit.
(b) His best friend's garage.
(c) His girlfriend's house.
(d) His car.
4. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
5. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Room in a hostel.
(b) Room in a family's home.
(c) Basement room.
(d) Roof top room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
2. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
3. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
4. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
5. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
3. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
4. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
5. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
6. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
7. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
8. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
9. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
10. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)