|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Anesthi.
(b) Dr. Hoerni.
(c) Dr. Villard.
(d) Dr. Reichardt.
2. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Dr. Greg.
(b) Mr. Greg.
(c) Greg sahib.
(d) Dr. M.
3. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Shigar.
(b) The Bara.
(c) The Braldu.
(d) The Shyok.
4. Greg had made the climb attempt in order to honor his youngest sister, ______ memory.
5. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
(d) High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
2. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
3. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
4. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
5. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
2. Why was Korphe so isolated?
3. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
4. What type of room accommodation did Greg have in Rawalpindi?
5. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
6. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
7. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
8. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
9. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
10. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)