|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
2. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
(c) Costa Rica.
3. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(d) Light Brown.
4. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
5. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) Horns blowing.
(b) Shots fired.
(c) A huge fire built in the field.
(d) A celebration and singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
2. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
3. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
4. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
5. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Greg ambivalent about a relationship with Dr. Villard?
2. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
3. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
4. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
5. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
6. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
7. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
8. In Chapters 6 through 9, why was Greg fired by his boss when he returned to work after his time in Pakistan?
9. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
10. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)