|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
(b) Post cards.
(d) Phone calls.
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(c) Drug dealers.
3. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
4. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
(b) Costa Rica.
5. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(b) Saint Francis.
(d) Coon Rapids
Short Answer Questions
1. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
2. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
3. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
4. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
5. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
3. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
4. How did Greg use his medical training to help the people of Korphe?
5. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
6. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
7. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
8. What type of relationship did Greg have with Christa?
9. How did Greg lose his dad and his sister Christa?
10. Why did Greg turn his disappointment about the Korphe school project, and the needed bridge, onto himself?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)