|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
2. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
3. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
4. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(c) Mountain path.
5. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Local restaurant.
(c) Recreation building.
(d) Lumber yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
2. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
3. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
4. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
5. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Greg go to Kirghiz?
2. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
3. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
4. Why did Greg refuse the million dollar military funding offered for his school projects, after his D.C. presentation?
5. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
6. Back in Pakistan, Greg had a house that had been permanently set aside for when he came to Korphe, and in this house he held meetings for what?
7. On the day the Korphe school was completed, what did Haji Ali give Greg?
8. Once back in the states, after the disappointing news at Korphe, why was Greg reluctant to call Hoerni?
9. Who is Ghulam Parvi?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)