|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Mountain path.
(d) Cable car.
2. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Kuardu.
(b) In Skardu.
(c) In Rawalpindi.
(d) In Korphe.
3. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(b) Saint Francis.
(d) Coon Rapids
4. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) On the roof of the cab.
(b) Inside with the load.
(c) On top of the load.
(d) Inside the cab.
5. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
2. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
3. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
4. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
5. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Korphe so isolated?
2. Spending time in Korphe, what did Greg soon realize about the Korphe people?
3. Who helped Greg purchase Korphe school supplies, and how did he help?
4. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
5. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
6. What did Haji Ali and Greg talk about that the people needed before a school could be built?
7. How did Greg and Mouzafer reconnect after Greg got lost the first time, after the failed K2 climb?
8. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
9. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
10. How did Kishwar Syed help Greg with his letter writing effort to raise money for the Korphe school project?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)