|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Lumber yard.
(b) Local restaurant.
(c) Recreation building.
2. How many days did it take Greg and his supply guide to buy all the items they needed for the Korphe school before they were delivered to a hired truck for transport?
3. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
(a) George McCown.
(d) Scott Darsney.
4. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
5. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Mr. Greg.
(b) Dr. Greg.
(c) Greg sahib.
(d) Dr. M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
2. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
3. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
4. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
5. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Changazi and two of his village elders want Greg to do with the Korphe school building supplies?
2. What happened with Greg's relationship with Marina when he returned to the U.S., expecting her to meet him upon arrival?
3. Why was Greg worried about the Korphe school building supplies that he left in the care of Changazi until he could arrange to get them the rest of the way to Korphe?
4. How was Greg treated by the people of Korphe when he stumbled upon their village after getting lost a second time?
5. Why did Greg and the hired truck driver stay parked overnight on the road while transporting Korphe school building supplies?
6. How did Greg avoid the cost of an apartment once back in the U.S., after he made the promise to build a school in Korphe?
7. Who were Greg's parents?
8. What was Greg's attitude about spending money in Pakistan for his travel and accommodations?
9. What did Greg find on the day he visited the Korphe "school"?
10. How did Greg get so tired that he lost sight of his guide and fellow climber and then got lost, after the failed K2 attempt?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)