|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(b) Two daughters.
(d) Oldest daughter.
2. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
3. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Fresh drinking water.
(c) Good medical care.
(d) Better food.
4. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) Greg and Marina.
(b) Greg and Tara.
(c) George and his wife.
(d) Jean and his wife.
5. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
6. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
(d) Wild boar.
7. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
8. What arrived in a red velvet box?
(a) A small ribbon.
(b) An invitation.
(c) A knife.
(d) A letter.
9. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
10. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
11. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
12. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(a) Haji Ali.
(c) Ghulam Parvi.
13. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
14. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) Hailey, Idaho.
(d) Bozeman, Montana.
15. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
(c) Oldest Daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
2. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
5. Greg had returned to the U.S., and according to Chapters 10 through 12 was working at a __.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)