|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
2. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
(a) He did.
(c) Haji Ali.
(d) His wife.
3. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth to let Greg know that he, Hoerni, had been diagnosed with what?
(b) Cerebral Palsy.
(c) Muscular Dystrophy.
4. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
5. How soon did Greg tell his captors his baby was due?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One week.
6. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
7. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
8. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
(a) Orphaned girls.
(b) Orphaned boys.
9. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
(a) About a quarter.
10. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Half a million dollars.
(d) One and a half million dollars.
11. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
12. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) Greg and Tara.
(b) Jean and his wife.
(c) Greg and Marina.
(d) George and his wife.
13. Whose wife died in child birth?
14. Greg had returned to the U.S., and according to Chapters 10 through 12 was working at a __.
(a) Emergency room.
(b) Pediatric ward.
(c) Burn unit.
(d) Nursing home.
15. In what year did Greg return to Pakistan as the director of the newly founded CAI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brent was Greg's ____.
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg met ___ Parvi, who now worked with Changazi.
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)