|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg met ___ Parvi, who now worked with Changazi.
3. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
4. What arrived in a red velvet box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A small ribbon.
(c) An invitation.
(d) A letter.
5. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
6. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
7. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
8. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
(b) Kishwar Syed.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Haji Ali.
9. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
(b) Assistant CAI Director.
(c) Supply buying Guide.
10. After a short period of time, what did Greg and Tara decide about their relationship?
(a) To be friends.
(b) To get married.
(c) To date.
(d) To get engaged.
11. In order to lower the teacher student ratio, Greg hired more teachers for the ____ school.
12. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
13. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
14. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
15. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
2. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
3. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
4. Greg was back home with his wife for the birth of their first child, along with the ___.
5. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)