|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His tent.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The school.
2. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
3. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
4. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
5. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(a) Climbing teams.
(c) Water projects.
6. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
(a) Village elders.
(b) The people.
(c) The government.
(d) Religous leaders.
7. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) George and his wife.
(b) Jean and his wife.
(c) Greg and Marina.
(d) Greg and Tara.
8. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
9. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
10. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
11. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
(a) Bandages for his wounds.
(b) Clean drinking water.
(c) A Koran.
(d) A Bible.
12. What arrived in a red velvet box?
(a) An invitation.
(b) A letter.
(c) A small ribbon.
(d) A knife.
13. Who insisted that Greg send them a picture of the completed Korphe school as soon as it was finished, since they were not getting any younger?
14. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
(d) Oldest Daughter.
15. Whose wife died in child birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
2. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
3. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
4. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
5. What was the name of Mohammed Aslam Khan's daughter, who excelled academically after Greg build a school in their village?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)