|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
2. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
(a) Village elders.
(b) The government.
(c) The people.
(d) Religous leaders.
3. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
(a) Brick layers
(c) Industrial engineers.
(d) Civil engineers.
4. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
5. When Greg traveled to Waziristan, he saw heavily armed men doing what?
(a) Shooting trees for target practice.
(b) Unloading stolen U.N. provisions.
(c) Smoking hashish.
(d) Loading slaves.
6. What was the name of Mohammed Aslam Khan's daughter, who excelled academically after Greg build a school in their village?
7. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
8. Greg had returned to the U.S., and according to Chapters 10 through 12 was working at a __.
(a) Emergency room.
(b) Pediatric ward.
(c) Nursing home.
(d) Burn unit.
9. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
10. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
(a) Haji Ali.
(b) He did.
(c) His wife.
11. How soon did Greg tell his captors his baby was due?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Six weeks.
12. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
13. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
(a) Bozeman, Montana.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Hailey, Idaho.
14. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
15. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The school.
(c) His tent.
(d) His bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paid the ram price to the mercenary to keep the Korphe school project from being shut down?
2. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
3. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
4. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
5. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)