|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His tent.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The school.
2. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
(b) Oldest Daughter.
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Better food.
(c) Good medical care.
(d) Fresh drinking water.
5. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) One and a half million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
6. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
7. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
(a) Assistant CAI Director.
(b) Supply buying Guide.
8. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
9. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
10. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
(a) Tara Bishop
(b) Jean Hoerni.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Louis Rechardt.
11. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
12. In what year did Greg return to Pakistan as the director of the newly founded CAI?
13. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
14. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
15. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
2. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
3. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
4. What arrived in a red velvet box?
5. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)