|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brent was Greg's ____.
(b) Korphe guide.
2. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
3. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
4. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
5. In order to lower the teacher student ratio, Greg hired more teachers for the ____ school.
6. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
(b) About a quarter.
7. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
(a) Wild boar.
8. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(a) Ghulam Parvi.
(d) Haji Ali.
9. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
10. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
11. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
(b) Haji's grangdaughter.
(c) Haji's son.
(d) Haji's wife.
12. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) He did.
(d) His wife.
13. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
14. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
15. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
(a) Haji Ali.
(b) Kishwar Syed.
(d) Abdul Shah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
2. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
3. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
4. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
5. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)