|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
2. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
3. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
(b) Abdul Shah.
(c) Haji Ali.
(d) Kishwar Syed.
4. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
5. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
6. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
(a) Haji's wife.
(c) Haji's son.
(d) Haji's grangdaughter.
7. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
8. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
(a) Bandages for his wounds.
(b) Clean drinking water.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A Koran.
9. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Louis Rechardt.
(c) Tara Bishop
(d) George McCown.
10. Eventually, Greg's Waziristan captors let him go and and gave him what before he was set free?
(b) A gun.
(d) A blanket.
11. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
12. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
13. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
14. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(a) Two daughters.
(c) Oldest daughter.
15. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
2. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
3. What was the name of Mohammed Aslam Khan's daughter, who excelled academically after Greg build a school in their village?
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)