|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Good medical care.
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) Fresh drinking water.
(d) Better food.
2. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
5. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
6. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
7. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
(a) Orphaned boys.
(d) Orphaned girls.
8. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
9. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(a) Oldest daughter.
(c) Two daughters.
10. Brent was Greg's ____.
(a) Korphe guide.
11. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
(a) A local family.
(b) The leader of the armed men.
(c) A village elder.
(d) The village leader.
12. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
(a) Village elders.
(b) The government.
(c) The people.
(d) Religous leaders.
13. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
14. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
(a) Haji Ali.
(b) He did.
(c) His wife.
15. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
(d) About a quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
2. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
3. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
4. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
5. Greg delayed his trip back to Pakistan, in Chapters 10 through 12, to spend more time with whom?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)