|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
2. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
3. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
(b) Wild boar.
4. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
(d) Army engineers.
5. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
6. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(a) Water projects.
(d) Climbing teams.
7. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
8. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
9. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One and a half million dollars.
(d) Two million dollars.
10. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
11. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(b) Ghulam Parvi.
(c) Haji Ali.
12. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
13. What arrived in a red velvet box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A small ribbon.
(c) A letter.
(d) An invitation.
14. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
(c) Oldest Daughter.
15. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
2. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
3. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
4. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
5. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)