|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
(a) Haji Ali.
(c) Kishwar Syed.
(d) Abdul Shah.
2. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
3. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
4. In order to lower the teacher student ratio, Greg hired more teachers for the ____ school.
5. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(c) Haji Ali.
(d) Ghulam Parvi.
6. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
(a) Haji's grangdaughter.
(c) Haji's wife.
(d) Haji's son.
7. How soon did Greg tell his captors his baby was due?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
8. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) Greg and Tara.
(b) Jean and his wife.
(c) Greg and Marina.
(d) George and his wife.
9. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
10. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(a) Oldest daughter.
(d) Two daughters.
11. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to handle local aspects of projects?
12. What was the name of Mohammed Aslam Khan's daughter, who excelled academically after Greg build a school in their village?
13. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
14. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
(a) A local family.
(b) The leader of the armed men.
(c) A village elder.
(d) The village leader.
15. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His tent.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
2. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
3. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
4. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
5. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)