|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
2. After a short period of time, what did Greg and Tara decide about their relationship?
(a) To be friends.
(b) To get engaged.
(c) To date.
(d) To get married.
3. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
4. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
5. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
6. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
7. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Louis Rechardt.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Tara Bishop
8. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
(a) Industrial engineers.
(b) Brick layers
(d) Civil engineers.
9. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
10. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
11. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
12. In order to lower the teacher student ratio, Greg hired more teachers for the ____ school.
13. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(c) Ghulam Parvi.
(d) Haji Ali.
14. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) Greg and Tara.
(b) Greg and Marina.
(c) George and his wife.
(d) Jean and his wife.
15. Who told Greg that at age 40 he was too old and too fat to find the right woman?
(a) Haji's son.
(b) Haji's wife.
(d) Haji's grangdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night of his captivity did Greg tell his captors about his pregnant wife?
2. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
3. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
4. Whose wife died in child birth?
5. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)