|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(a) Climbing teams.
(b) Water projects.
2. In order to lower the teacher student ratio, Greg hired more teachers for the ____ school.
3. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
4. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
5. Who insisted that Greg send them a picture of the completed Korphe school as soon as it was finished, since they were not getting any younger?
6. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Better food.
(b) Good medical care.
(c) Fresh drinking water.
(d) Medical supplies.
7. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
(a) Orphaned boys.
(d) Orphaned girls.
8. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
9. How much money did Hoerni leave for the continuation of the CAI?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) One and a half million dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Half a million dollars.
10. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
(b) Civil engineers.
(c) Industrial engineers.
(d) Brick layers
11. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
12. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The school.
(d) His tent.
13. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
(a) A Koran.
(b) Clean drinking water.
(c) Bandages for his wounds.
(d) A Bible.
14. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
15. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brent was Greg's ____.
2. Where did Greg go to visit Hoerni to give him the picture of the completed Korphe school project?
3. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
4. Eventually, Greg's Waziristan captors let him go and and gave him what before he was set free?
5. When the people had to wait until a rain passed to begin building on the Korphe bridge, Greg joined the people in a __ hunt.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)