|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
2. How much was the check written to Greg to have the bridge built in Korphe, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
3. Due to approaching winter, who told Greg that putting off the Korphe school would not be a problem since the kids had not had a school for centuries?
4. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
5. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
6. Whose wife died in child birth?
7. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
8. In what year did Greg return to Pakistan as the director of the newly founded CAI?
9. How many rams were given as payment to keep a mercenary from stopping the school project in Korphe?
10. When Greg traveled to Waziristan, he saw heavily armed men doing what?
(a) Smoking hashish.
(b) Loading slaves.
(c) Unloading stolen U.N. provisions.
(d) Shooting trees for target practice.
11. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
(a) Village elders.
(b) The government.
(c) The people.
(d) Religous leaders.
12. According to Greg, who found peace in the quiet singing of the Korphe children?
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) He did.
(d) His wife.
13. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
14. After a short period of time, what did Greg and Tara decide about their relationship?
(a) To date.
(b) To be friends.
(c) To get married.
(d) To get engaged.
15. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hoerni called Greg soon after Amira's birth, and Hoerni was calling from where?
2. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
3. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
4. Who warned Greg about traveling alone in Pakistan and to always get a guide he trusted?
5. Where did Greg have to take his meals to avoid many people talking to him while he ate?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)