|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
2. At one point in Chapters 13 through 16, it is mentioned that Tara went to Pakistan, bringing ___ along.
3. After the rain stopped, who did Greg hire to build each end of the Korphe bridge?
(a) Industrial engineers.
(c) Brick layers
(d) Civil engineers.
4. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
(a) Water projects.
(d) Climbing teams.
5. Eventually, Greg's Waziristan captors let him go and and gave him what before he was set free?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A gun.
6. According to Chapters 10 through 12, what was Greg's annual salary as CAI director?
7. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
8. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(b) Two daughters.
(d) Oldest daughter.
9. Before traveling to Waziristan, Greg settled on a guide by the name of ____.
(a) Mohammed Ali.
(b) Abdul Shah.
(c) Ghulam Parvi.
(d) Badam Gul.
10. With whom did Greg agree to stay while in Waziristan?
(a) The village leader.
(b) A local family.
(c) The leader of the armed men.
(d) A village elder.
11. As the CAI director, Greg hired ___, who became ill after walking day and night with others to ensure concrete in place for Greg's arrival to build in Korphe.
12. Faisal Baig later became Greg's ___.
(a) Assistant CAI Director.
(d) Supply buying Guide.
13. Who moved to Montana to build a home?
(a) Jean and his wife.
(b) Greg and Tara.
(c) George and his wife.
(d) Greg and Marina.
14. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
15. What did the captors give Greg, at his request, on the third day of his captivity?
(a) Bandages for his wounds.
(b) A Koran.
(c) Clean drinking water.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
2. Back in Pakistan, Greg discovered his building supplies for the Korphe school were gone, and ___ helped him recover some of them.
3. Greg was back home with his wife for the birth of their first child, along with the ___.
4. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
5. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)