|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In recovering the lost Korphe building supplies, entrusted to Changazi, Greg realized that ___ of the supplies are simply gone.
(c) About a quarter.
2. Greg built how many schools plus one additional school in one season, according to Chapters 13 through 16?
3. In what year did Greg return to Pakistan as the director of the newly founded CAI?
4. Who was relegated to bystander from supervisor during the Korphe school building project?
5. Whose wife died in child birth?
6. When Greg traveled to Waziristan, he saw heavily armed men doing what?
(a) Loading slaves.
(b) Smoking hashish.
(c) Unloading stolen U.N. provisions.
(d) Shooting trees for target practice.
7. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to be the problem solver for projects?
8. Greg tried to increase CAI school funding to increase enrollment of ____.
(b) Orphaned boys.
(d) Orphaned girls.
9. When Greg returned to Pakistan, he found petitions to build more schools, but he was opposed at first by whom?
(a) Religous leaders.
(b) The government.
(c) The people.
(d) Village elders.
10. How many days after meeting did Greg and Tara make a major relationship decision about themselves?
11. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(a) Oldest daughter.
(d) Two daughters.
12. Greg returned to Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe bridge and entered Haji Ali's kitchen, which was ruled by Haji's _____.
(d) Oldest Daughter.
13. It is mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12 that Greg met a Wakhi ___.
14. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
15. Greg began a new project to bring ___ to people in rural areas in an effort to reduce infant mortality.
(a) Better food.
(b) Fresh drinking water.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Good medical care.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___ mom lived in Bozeman, Montana.
2. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
3. Greg and Tara named their first child Amira ___ Mortenson.
4. Who did Greg hire in Pakistan to handle local aspects of projects?
5. A program was established to help the young men of Korphe assist with ____ in the area.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)