|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the Korphe school was completed, who handed Greg a ledger that accounted for all monies spent on the project?
(a) Ghulam Parvi.
(d) Haji Ali.
2. Who insisted that a certain person pay Greg's personal living expenses while Greg continued his projects?
(a) George McCown.
(b) Louis Rechardt.
(c) Jean Hoerni.
(d) Tara Bishop
3. Which new CAI board member helped create a library at the Korphe school?
4. At what meeting did Greg meet Tara Bishop?
5. As CAI director, Greg also hired ___ to help with school building projects.
6. One of Greg's donors laughingly joked that his ____ could spend the amount of money he gave to have the Korphe bridge built, in one afternoon.
(a) Oldest daughter.
(c) Two daughters.
7. Who began building a hotel using Korphe school supplies?
8. Who was directed, during a meeting, to pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he worked on his projects, as mentioned in Chapters 10 through 12?
9. The Korphe vocational center helped women ____ money.
10. Back in the U.S., who suggested that Greg make school building his life work, his career?
11. The Korphe vocational center was where women could meet and ____.
12. At what meeting did someone insist that a donor pay for Greg's personal living expenses while he continued his projects?
13. The new CAI board of directors included Hoerni's widow, Jennifer ____.
14. Before Greg was blind-folded and taken away, he was awakened in Waziristan by men pointing what at him?
15. Who did Greg hire to design the Korphe bridge?
(c) Army engineers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg had returned to the U.S., and according to Chapters 10 through 12 was working at a __.
2. The new board also included Jennifer's cousin, _____ Bergman.
3. Besides Haji, who else in his household treated Greg like a son, and laughed while he made tea?
4. In Chapters 10 through 12, it was mentioned that Greg and Haji's son talked about ____, both detailing their relationships.
5. Greg called Tara after he was freed in Waziristan and Tara confessed that she thought Greg was ___ when she did not hear from him for several days.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)