|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(a) His extra food.
(b) His canteen.
(d) His pack.
2. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
(a) Post cards.
(c) Phone calls.
3. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(d) Mountain path.
4. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
5. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Bara.
(b) The Shyok.
(c) The Shigar.
(d) The Braldu.
6. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Image.
(b) Lazer Copy.
(c) Lazer Supply.
(d) Lazer Ink and Copy.
7. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) Shots fired.
(b) Horns blowing.
(c) A huge fire built in the field.
(d) A celebration and singing.
8. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) An intern.
(b) An internist.
(c) An anesthesiologist.
(d) A neurosurgeon.
9. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(a) Water canteen.
10. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
(b) New York.
11. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
12. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
13. Greg had made the climb attempt in order to honor his youngest sister, ______ memory.
14. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
15. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
2. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
3. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
4. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)