|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
(a) River Falls.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
3. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
4. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(b) Mint leaf.
5. Who helped Greg quickly produce the rest of the donation letters after they found out about his project?
6. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
7. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
8. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Roof top room.
(b) Room in a hostel.
(c) Room in a family's home.
(d) Basement room.
9. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Recreation building.
(b) Lumber yard.
(c) Local restaurant.
10. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
11. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Louis Reichardt.
(b) Jean Hoerni.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Tom Brokaw.
12. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
13. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
(a) The local street booth.
(b) His home.
(c) The next village.
(d) A tailor.
14. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
15. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
2. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
3. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
4. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
5. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)