|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Haji Ali.
2. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
3. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
4. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Tom Brokaw.
(b) Jean Hoerni.
(c) Louis Reichardt.
(d) George McCown.
5. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) His car.
(c) His best friend's garage.
(d) His self-storage unit.
6. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(a) Light Brown.
7. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
8. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(a) His pack.
(b) His extra food.
(d) His canteen.
9. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) An anesthesiologist.
(c) An internist.
(d) An intern.
10. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
11. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(b) Ghulam Parvi.
(c) Faisal baig.
(d) Abdul Shah.
12. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
(d) Building tools.
13. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Dr. M.
(b) Greg sahib.
(c) Mr. Greg.
(d) Dr. Greg.
14. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
15. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
2. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
3. Greg's dad died of what?
4. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
5. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)