|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg had made the climb attempt in order to honor his youngest sister, ______ memory.
2. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
3. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
(c) River Falls.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
5. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(b) Coon Rapids
(c) Saint Francis.
6. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Ghulam Parvi.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Faisal baig.
7. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Ink and Copy.
(b) Lazer Supply.
(c) Lazer Image.
(d) Lazer Copy.
8. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) A huge fire built in the field.
(b) Shots fired.
(c) A celebration and singing.
(d) Horns blowing.
9. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
(a) Greg's wife and guide.
(b) Greg's climbing group.
(c) Greg's climbing assistant.
(d) Greg's guide.
10. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(c) Light Brown.
11. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
12. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Hoerni.
(b) Dr. Villard.
(c) Dr. Anesthi.
(d) Dr. Reichardt.
13. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Roof top room.
(b) Room in a hostel.
(c) Room in a family's home.
(d) Basement room.
14. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
15. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
2. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
3. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
4. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
5. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)