|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
2. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
3. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
4. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
5. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
(a) His car.
(b) His self-storage unit.
(c) His best friend's garage.
(d) His girlfriend's house.
6. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) Horns blowing.
(b) A huge fire built in the field.
(c) A celebration and singing.
(d) Shots fired.
7. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Kishwar Syed.
8. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(a) Coon Rapids
(d) Saint Francis.
9. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
10. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(d) Mountain path.
11. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
12. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
13. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
14. Greg's dad died of what?
(a) Kidney failure.
(c) Heart attack.
15. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) An internist.
(c) An anesthesiologist.
(d) An intern.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
2. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
3. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
4. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
5. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)