|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
(b) New York.
2. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Braldu.
(b) The Shigar.
(c) The Bara.
(d) The Shyok.
3. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(d) Mountain path.
4. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Ghulam Parvi.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Faisal baig.
6. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
7. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Mr. Greg.
(b) Dr. Greg.
(c) Greg sahib.
(d) Dr. M.
8. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Reichardt.
(b) Dr. Anesthi.
(c) Dr. Hoerni.
(d) Dr. Villard.
9. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(a) Saint Francis.
(c) Coon Rapids
10. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
(a) Cerebral Palsy.
(b) Severe seizures.
(c) Severe Asthma.
(d) A mild stroke.
11. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(d) Half a year.
12. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
13. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
14. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
15. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
2. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
3. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
4. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
5. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)