|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Dr. Greg.
(b) Dr. M.
(c) Greg sahib.
(d) Mr. Greg.
2. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(c) Water canteen.
3. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(b) Recreation building.
(c) Lumber yard.
(d) Local restaurant.
4. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(b) Half a year.
5. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
6. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(c) Mountain path.
7. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
8. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(a) Coon Rapids
(c) Saint Francis.
9. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) His car.
(c) His best friend's garage.
(d) His self-storage unit.
10. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
(d) Costa Rica.
11. Greg's dad died of what?
(a) Kidney failure.
(c) Heart attack.
12. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
13. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
14. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
(a) Greg's wife and guide.
(b) Greg's climbing group.
(c) Greg's guide.
(d) Greg's climbing assistant.
15. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
(a) Dr. Hoerni.
(b) Dr. Anesthi.
(c) Dr. Reichardt.
(d) Dr. Villard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
2. The bridge would go over what river?
3. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
4. How many days did it take Greg and his supply guide to buy all the items they needed for the Korphe school before they were delivered to a hired truck for transport?
5. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)