|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
2. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(a) Light Brown.
3. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
4. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Kishwar Syed.
(d) Abdul Shah.
5. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
6. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
7. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
8. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Shigar.
(b) The Bara.
(c) The Braldu.
(d) The Shyok.
9. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
(a) The people.
(b) The village elders.
(d) The village leader.
10. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
11. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Reichardt.
(b) Dr. Villard.
(c) Dr. Anesthi.
(d) Dr. Hoerni.
12. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
13. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(a) Half a year.
14. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
15. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
(a) Greg's climbing assistant.
(b) Greg's climbing group.
(c) Greg's wife and guide.
(d) Greg's guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
2. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
3. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
4. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
5. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)