|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
2. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
3. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
(a) Basement of his family home.
(b) Apartment of a friend.
(d) Work locker.
4. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
5. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
(a) Dr. M.
(b) Dr. Greg.
(c) Greg sahib.
(d) Mr. Greg.
6. Who helped Greg quickly produce the rest of the donation letters after they found out about his project?
7. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Haji Ali.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changai.
(d) Abdul Shah.
8. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
9. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Post cards.
10. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Lumber yard.
(b) Recreation building.
(c) Local restaurant.
11. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
(b) Hire a truck.
(c) Shop other items.
(d) Drink tea.
12. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(c) Water canteen.
13. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
(a) Dr. Anesthi.
(b) Dr. Villard.
(c) Dr. Reichardt.
(d) Dr. Hoerni.
14. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
(a) His home.
(b) The next village.
(c) The local street booth.
(d) A tailor.
15. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Greg how to use a computer?
2. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
3. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
4. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
5. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)