Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
2. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
3. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
4. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(b) Cable car.
(c) Mountain path.
5. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Local restaurant.
(c) Recreation building.
(d) Lumber yard.
6. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Kuardu.
(b) In Korphe.
(c) In Skardu.
(d) In Rawalpindi.
7. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
8. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
(a) Building tools.
9. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
10. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changai.
11. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(a) Drug dealers.
12. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Ink and Copy.
(b) Lazer Copy.
(c) Lazer Image.
(d) Lazer Supply.
13. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
(a) George McCown.
(b) Scott Darsney.
14. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Bara.
(b) The Braldu.
(c) The Shigar.
(d) The Shyok.
15. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
(c) Post cards.
(d) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
2. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
3. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
4. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
5. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)