|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
2. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
(a) The people.
(b) The village elders.
(c) The village leader.
3. Where was Fort Leonardwood located?
(b) New York.
4. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Lumber yard.
(c) Recreation building.
(d) Local restaurant.
5. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
6. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) A huge fire built in the field.
(b) A celebration and singing.
(c) Horns blowing.
(d) Shots fired.
7. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
8. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
9. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
10. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(a) Mint leaf.
11. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
12. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
13. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Louis Reichardt.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Tom Brokaw.
14. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
15. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Room in a family's home.
(b) Roof top room.
(c) Basement room.
(d) Room in a hostel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
2. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
3. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
5. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)