|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
(a) Cerebral Palsy.
(b) Severe Asthma.
(c) A mild stroke.
(d) Severe seizures.
2. Greg's parents worked as missionaries in what country, building teaching hospitals?
(b) Costa Rica.
3. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(b) Mint leaf.
4. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
(a) Dr. Villard.
(b) Dr. Reichardt.
(c) Dr. Anesthi.
(d) Dr. Hoerni.
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(d) Drug dealers.
6. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Braldu.
(b) The Bara.
(c) The Shyok.
(d) The Shigar.
7. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
8. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) An anesthesiologist.
(b) An internist.
(c) An intern.
(d) A neurosurgeon.
9. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
10. Who did the villagers promise to go out and look for the next day after Greg was welcomed into Korphe?
(a) Greg's guide.
(b) Greg's climbing group.
(c) Greg's wife and guide.
(d) Greg's climbing assistant.
11. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) On top of the load.
(b) Inside the cab.
(c) Inside with the load.
(d) On the roof of the cab.
12. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
(b) Haji Ali.
(d) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
13. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
14. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
15. The room Greg got in Pakistan was stifling hot and enclosed with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
2. Greg's failure to climb the ___ mountain in Pakistan led to great successes in his life.
3. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
4. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
5. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)