|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
2. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
3. Who helped Greg quickly produce the rest of the donation letters after they found out about his project?
4. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Braldu.
(b) The Bara.
(c) The Shigar.
(d) The Shyok.
5. What was the only direct route to Korphe before the bridge?
(a) Mountain path.
(b) Cable car.
6. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
(b) Half a year.
7. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(b) Water canteen.
8. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Local restaurant.
(b) Lumber yard.
(d) Recreation building.
9. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
10. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(b) Drug dealers.
11. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(a) His extra food.
(b) His canteen.
(d) His pack.
12. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
(b) Hire a truck.
(c) Shop other items.
(d) Drink tea.
13. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(d) Haji Ali.
14. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
15. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
Short Answer Questions
1. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
2. Who donated the $12,000 Greg said he needed to build the school in Korphe?
3. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
4. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
5. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)