|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
(a) Severe Asthma.
(b) Cerebral Palsy.
(c) A mild stroke.
(d) Severe seizures.
2. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
(a) The people.
(c) The village leader.
(d) The village elders.
3. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(b) Light Brown.
4. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Basement room.
(b) Room in a hostel.
(c) Room in a family's home.
(d) Roof top room.
5. Greg did not fit in during his teens until he went where?
(c) High School.
6. Who met Greg at the door when he arrived to find out why they did not meet him when he returned stateside?
7. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
(a) His wife.
(b) His assistant.
(c) A fellow climber.
(d) The guide.
8. Who told Greg he could not build the school until he first built a bridge?
9. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
10. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
11. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(b) Faisal baig.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Ghulam Parvi.
12. What supply item for the Korphe school had to be bargained for over many hours?
(c) Building tools.
13. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
(a) George McCown.
(d) Scott Darsney.
14. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
15. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Tom Brokaw.
(b) George McCown.
(c) Louis Reichardt.
(d) Jean Hoerni.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
2. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
3. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
4. When Greg went back to work, after returning from Korphe with disappointing news that he was fired because his return had been delayed by how much time?
5. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)