|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Louis Reichardt.
2. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
3. At one point, where did Greg and his supply guide pray while out buying supplies for the Korphe school?
(b) Local restaurant.
(c) Lumber yard.
(d) Recreation building.
4. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Haji Ali.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Kishwar Syed.
5. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(a) Mint leaf.
6. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
7. According to Chapters 6 through 9, Greg's girlfriend told him that his few ___ did not refer to their relationship and that she did not want to wait around.
(a) Phone calls.
(d) Post cards.
8. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(d) Water canteen.
9. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
10. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
11. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Mohammed Ali Changai.
(c) Haji Ali.
(d) Abdul Shah.
12. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
13. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Supply.
(b) Lazer Ink and Copy.
(c) Lazer Copy.
(d) Lazer Image.
14. In Chapters 1 thorough 5, who asked Greg out on a date?
15. Greg's dad died of what?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) Kidney failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people of Korphe call Greg as he stayed and rendered service to them?
2. Where did Greg sleep to avoid the cost of an apartment?
3. What village is the person from, to whom Greg entrusted the Korphe school supplies?
4. The bridge would go over what river?
5. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)