|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
2. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Hire a truck.
(c) Shop other items.
3. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
4. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
5. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
(a) A huge fire built in the field.
(b) Horns blowing.
(c) Shots fired.
(d) A celebration and singing.
6. Who did Greg's girlfriend begin dating while Greg was in Pakistan?
(a) An internist.
(b) An intern.
(c) An anesthesiologist.
(d) A neurosurgeon.
7. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(a) Saint Francis.
(c) Coon Rapids
8. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
9. When Greg got the news about building the bridge, with whom was he most disappointed?
(a) The people.
(c) The village leader.
(d) The village elders.
10. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Faisal baig.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Ghulam Parvi.
11. How many days did it take Greg and his supply guide to buy all the items they needed for the Korphe school before they were delivered to a hired truck for transport?
12. What sound did Greg hear after surviving a night lost in the mountains, that signaled he was near a village?
13. Who bargained for hours for one of the Korphe school supply items?
14. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
15. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
2. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
3. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
4. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
5. After the disappointment in Korphe Greg returned stateside to _____.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)