|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Supply.
(b) Lazer Copy.
(c) Lazer Ink and Copy.
(d) Lazer Image.
2. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
3. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(a) Light Brown.
4. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
5. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
(a) Ghulam Parvi.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
(c) Abdul Shah.
(d) Faisal baig.
6. Where did Greg attend high school after returning to the U.S. as a teen?
(a) Coon Rapids
(b) Saint Francis.
7. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
(a) Dr. Hoerni.
(b) Dr. Villard.
(c) Dr. Reichardt.
(d) Dr. Anesthi.
8. Where did Greg's supply guide take Greg to get Greg some native clothes?
(a) A tailor.
(b) His home.
(c) The local street booth.
(d) The next village.
9. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
10. Who offered to have a school built before winter, if Greg built a school in their village instead of in Korphe?
11. Greg was the ___ child of his parents.
12. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
13. After Greg had the money to build the school in Korphe, he went back to Pakistan and got a ___ .
(a) Basement room.
(b) Room in a hostel.
(c) Room in a family's home.
(d) Roof top room.
14. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) Tom Brokaw.
(b) Jean Hoerni.
(c) George McCown.
(d) Louis Reichardt.
15. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
(b) Haji Ali.
(c) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Greg's dad?
2. Back home in ________ ,in Chapters 1 through 5, Greg began writing letters to people he thought would donate to his school project.
3. The room Greg got in Pakistan was stifling hot and enclosed with what?
4. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
5. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)