|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Greg got back in the U.S., after his welcoming time in Korphe, he went to what place to get his possessions?
(a) Work locker.
(c) Apartment of a friend.
(d) Basement of his family home.
2. Who did Greg send away after they arrived in Korphe, so he could stay and spend more time with the people?
3. The hired truck that carried the Korphe school supplies was stopped en route due to local ____.
4. What very rare ingredient was served to Greg with his tea in Korphe, indicating Greg was given the best of all the village had to offer?
(d) Mint leaf.
5. How many native outfits did Greg order when his supply guide took him to get native clothing?
6. In Chapters 6 through 9, Greg worried that who would take the Korphe school supplies he had left in safe keeping?
(b) Drug dealers.
7. Greg's youngest sister suffered from _______.
(a) Cerebral Palsy.
(b) Severe Asthma.
(c) Severe seizures.
(d) A mild stroke.
8. What kind of tea did Mouzafer make for Greg before continuing the journey, after they found each other again?
9. What was the hired truck's destination that carried the Korphe school supplies?
10. What was the name of the Korphe village elder that greeted and welcomed Greg when he stumbled into their village, after getting lost again?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Kishwar Syed.
(c) Haji Ali.
(d) Mohammed Ali Changazi.
11. What was the first name of Greg's mother?
12. In one village, ___ village elders, along with the person Greg entrusted with the Korphe school supplies, insisted that Greg build a school in their village.
13. What item had Greg planned to leave on the mountain to honor his youngest sister?
14. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
15. Who was the only letter recipient to send money to Greg for his school project, as detailed in Chapters 1 through 5?
(a) George McCown.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) Jean Hoerni.
(d) Louis Reichardt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Greg became lost immediately after the failed climbing attempt, who had almost all of his belongings?
2. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
3. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
4. Hiking back to civilization after the failed climb, Greg lost sight of fellow hiker _____ and got lost.
5. Greg was reluctant to contact the donor of the $12,000 for the Korphe school to say he failed, but ___ convinced him to call the donor, so Greg called.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)