|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Greg ride on the hired truck that carried the supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Inside the cab.
(b) On the roof of the cab.
(c) On top of the load.
(d) Inside with the load.
2. How many times did Greg call his girlfriend while he was away in Pakistan, according to Chapters 6 through 9?
3. How much money did the students at Greg's mother's school raise for Greg's project with their pennies fund-raising effort?
4. What supplies for the school did Greg and his guide buy first, that could not be bargained?
(c) Building tools.
5. The bridge would go over what river?
(a) The Bara.
(b) The Shyok.
(c) The Braldu.
(d) The Shigar.
6. With whom did Greg leave the Korphe school supplies once the hired truck reached its destination?
7. What was the only item Greg had with him when he got lost after the failed climb?
(d) Water canteen.
8. When Greg finally encountered his guide after being lost, what did Greg agree to let his guide carry for him because he was too weak?
(a) His extra food.
(c) His canteen.
(d) His pack.
9. Where was the school located that Greg went to raise money for the school project, and where his mother had been the school principal?
10. What color were the native outfits that Greg got?
(c) Light Brown.
11. What was the name of the copy shop that did not have typewriters when Greg needed to rent one to finish his donation letters?
(a) Lazer Image.
(b) Lazer Supply.
(c) Lazer Ink and Copy.
(d) Lazer Copy.
12. After Greg arrived in Pakistan with the money to build the Korphe school, where did he go to get a room?
(a) In Skardu.
(b) In Rawalpindi.
(c) In Kuardu.
(d) In Korphe.
13. What did Greg do while one of the supply items was being bargained over for hours?
(b) Shop other items.
(c) Hire a truck.
(d) Drink tea.
14. In Chapters 6 through 9, who did Greg expect to meet him upon his return stateside?
(a) Dr. Anesthi.
(b) Dr. Reichardt.
(c) Dr. Hoerni.
(d) Dr. Villard.
15. Who became Greg's guide as he bought supplies for the Korphe school?
(a) Abdul Shah.
(b) Mohammed Ali Changai.
(d) Haji Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Greg brought supplies to build the Korphe school, he was seen as someone with __ to build schools.
2. Who served Greg his tea when he was welcomed into Korphe?
3. In Chapters 6 through 9, who was mentioned as helping to arrange tours and climbs for foreigners?
4. After being stopped overnight in the hired truck carrying the Korphe school supplies, what indicated to Greg and the driver that the local issue had been resolved?
5. After visiting the Korphe school, who did Greg tell he would build a school for the village?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)