Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
2. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
3. Why does Henry Dobbins think the girl is dancing?
4. How does Rat Kiley deal with the mission at first?
5. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
"The Things They Carried" tackles the theme of death in numerous ways. There are accountings of anticipated deaths, surprise deaths, and even brushes with near-death. Explore how the novel handles each type of death, and the overall message the book communicates about this universal theme. Be sure to cite specific textual evidence.
We know very little about the character named Azar, but he appears always present to antagonize the other men in the platoon. Explain how Azar is a flat or round character, his role in the novel, and if there are any other characters like him in "The Things They Carried."
If you were Tim writing a letter to his daughter Kathleen, either at her age now or the age she is in the book, what would be the most important aspects of your experiences in the war that you would want to share with her and teach her about the world?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)