|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the men order to see?
(a) The psychologist
(b) The company commander
(c) The dentist
(d) The doctor
2. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
(a) Take turns on night guard duty
(b) Team up on ambushes
(c) Share a foxhole
(d) Play cards together
3. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
(a) They asked Lt. Cross to witness it
(b) They became blood brothers
(c) The spit shook on it
(d) They wrote it on paper and signed it
4. Where does Tim consider running to?
5. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) It takes place during a battle
(b) There is a lesson at the end
(c) There is no moral ending
(d) Someone dies in it
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
2. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
3. "A true war story, if truly told, makes the ____________ believe."
4. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
5. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
2. What was Tim's first experience with death?
3. Why does the narrator he is a bad fit to be drafted into the war?
4. What would you guess happened during the war that Jimmy asked Tim to leave out of his book?
5. Why do the men like checkers?
6. Explain Tim's dilemma about <u>how</u> he killed a man on the trail outside My Khe.
7. How did Tim see Curt Lemon's personality?
8. What does the dancing girl symbolize to you?
9. How does Lee Strunk react to his injury?
10. Why do Jimmy Cross and Tim O'Brien stop drinking coffee, and what do they switch to?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)