|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
2. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
(a) A rain dance
(b) How to skin a man
(c) How to read
(d) How to make moccasins
3. How does the sister respond to Rat Kiley's letter?
(a) She asks Rat to visit
(b) She starts writing Rat love letters
(c) She never writes back
(d) She thanks Rat for the letter
4. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
(a) Henry Dobbins
(b) Curt Lemon
(d) Dave Jensen
5. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) Chu Lai
(b) Rocket Pocket
(c) Than Khe
(d) My Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
2. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
3. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
4. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
5. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Martha's "separate-but-together quality" her and Lieutenant Cross share? What does she send to represent this quality?
2. Why did the men have to see the dentist?
3. Who did you think was the victim as you read the chapter, and who did you think was the victim once you finished it? Why?
4. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
5. How does Curt Lemon recover from his personal failure at the dentist?
6. What would you guess happened during the war that Jimmy asked Tim to leave out of his book?
7. What does Dave Jensen do to make himself square with Lee Strunk?
8. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
9. Why does the narrator he is a bad fit to be drafted into the war?
10. Explain why you think Dave Jensen is so upset someone stole from him.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)