|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a war story NOT about?
(a) Love and memory
(c) Teaching a lesson
(d) Peole who never listen
2. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Left leg
(b) Right arm
(c) Left arm
(d) Right leg
3. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) Palm trees
(b) Communications to call home
(c) White beaches
(d) Friendly villages
4. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Rat Kiley
(c) Norman Bowker
(d) Mitchell Sanders
5. What does he call the object around his neck?
(a) His good luck charm
(b) His guardian angel
(c) His piece of home
(d) His closeness to a woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
2. What is Dave Jensen's decision with regard to the pact he made with Lee Strunk?
3. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
4. Which item doubled as a body bag?
5. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Kiowa or Tim's point of view about the kill? Why?
2. Give an example of a stark contrast between how the men normally behave, and how the war changes their behavior.
3. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
4. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
5. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
6. Why do you think Martha never married?
7. Why did the men have to see the dentist?
8. How does Lieutenant Cross resolve his responsibility in Ted Lavender's death?
9. How does the narrator feel about the war in Vietnam?
10. Contrast the two times Tim was shot.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)