|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
(a) The medals his son brings home
(b) His son's position in the army
(c) His son coming home safely
(d) Where his son is serving
2. What does Dave Jensen borrow?
(a) A cigarette
(b) A shovel
(c) A bar of chocolate
(d) A pistol
3. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
(a) Martha's mother mailed him one after he came home
(b) Martha died, and he cut it out of the newspaper
(c) He actually saved one from burning in Vietnam
(d) She gave it to him at a college reunion
4. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(a) Lee Strunk
(c) Curt Lemmon
(d) Ted Lavender
5. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) About a month
(b) 1 night
(c) 3 days
(d) About a week
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
2. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
3. Who does Tim credit with saving his life?
4. How does Tim join the army?
5. What profession did Henry Dobbins want to have in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make the platoon believe in the good luck provided by the pantyhose?
2. Why do you think Martha never married?
3. What does Dave Jensen do to make himself square with Lee Strunk?
4. What puts the death pact to the test? Be specific.
5. How did things start when Mary Anne first arrived, and how did they change?
6. How does Lee Strunk react to his injury?
7. How does the narrator feel about the war in Vietnam?
8. What was Martha's response to Jimmy's confession about wanting to hold her knee?
9. Give a description of boredom as used in the novel.
10. What are Henry Dobbins' tentative plans for after the war?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)