|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Norman Bowker
2. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(b) Letters home
(c) Body lice
(d) A dead boy's thumb
3. What happens to Lee Strunk?
(a) He lives and is reassigned to a supply command
(b) He dies on the operating table
(c) He dies in a helicopter crash
(d) He lives with Dave Jensen after the war
4. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) Dave Jensen steps on a rigged mortar round
(b) Lee Strunk is hit by sniper fire
(c) Lee Strunk steps on a rigged mortar round
(d) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
5. What does Mary Anne like to do when she disappears from the medical unit?
(a) Go see her secret Viet Cong lover
(b) Go visit in the villages with other women
(c) Go out on patrols with the Green Berets
(d) Go swimming by herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
2. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
3. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
4. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Curt Lemon recover from his personal failure at the dentist?
2. What was Martha's response to Jimmy's confession about wanting to hold her knee?
3. Explain how the rhyme "Step out of line, hit a mine; follow the dink, you're in the pink." changed meanings?
4. Why is the story of Rat Kiley killing the baby water buffalo a "love" story?
5. Why does the narrator he is a bad fit to be drafted into the war?
6. Why do you think Martha never married?
7. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
8. How does Lee Strunk react to his injury?
9. How did things start when Mary Anne first arrived, and how did they change?
10. When Lee Strunk returns from sick bay, how does Dave Jensen react?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)