|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
(a) His foxhole
(b) Around the fire
(c) In the hospital
(d) Playing cards with other men
2. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) About a week
(b) About a month
(c) 1 night
(d) 3 days
3. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
(a) A tourniquet and morphine
(b) Asks the men to donate blood
(c) Gives him a cigarette and tells him not to worry
(d) Caterizes the wound
4. What was Curt Lemon's bad experience in high school?
(a) A bad experience with a doctor
(b) A bad experience with a dentist
(c) A bad experience with a principal
(d) A bad experience with a girlfriend
5. What profession did Henry Dobbins want to have in high school?
(a) A travel writer
(b) A military officer
(c) A firefighter
(d) A minister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
2. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
3. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
4. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
5. What company are the men in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rat Kiley write a letter to Curt Lemon's sister, and what does the letter contain?
2. Why do Jimmy Cross and Tim O'Brien stop drinking coffee, and what do they switch to?
3. How did Tim see Curt Lemon's personality?
4. What was Martha's response to Jimmy's confession about wanting to hold her knee?
5. Give a description of boredom as used in the novel.
6. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
7. How does Lieutenant Cross resolve his responsibility in Ted Lavender's death?
8. Explain how the rhyme "Step out of line, hit a mine; follow the dink, you're in the pink." changed meanings?
9. Explain your thoughts on this quote: "I was a coward. I went to war."
10. How were Lieutenant Cross's tears misinterpreted after the death of Ted Lavender?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)