|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Setting the recruiting station on fire
(b) Participating in a parade
(c) Organizing sit ins at his college
(d) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
2. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
(a) A girlfriend's photograph
(b) A food ration
(c) A jackknife
(d) A personal letter
3. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) 1 night
(b) About a month
(c) 3 days
(d) About a week
4. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(a) Rock, Paper, Scissors
(d) 20 Questions
5. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Right arm
(b) Right leg
(c) Left leg
(d) Left arm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a land mine?
2. What kind of wound qualified for a mercy kill?
3. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
4. What does he call the object around his neck?
5. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
2. Why do you think Martha never married?
3. How were Lieutenant Cross's tears misinterpreted after the death of Ted Lavender?
4. Why does Rat Kiley write a letter to Curt Lemon's sister, and what does the letter contain?
5. What happens to make the platoon believe in the good luck provided by the pantyhose?
6. Why did the men have to see the dentist?
7. How does Lee Strunk react to his injury?
8. What is so unbelievable about Rat Kiley's story?
9. How does the narrator feel about the war in Vietnam?
10. What are Henry Dobbins' tentative plans for after the war?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)