Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Mean and strict
(b) Brave and handsome
(c) Smart and crafty
(d) Heroic and courageous
2. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His nose
(b) His leg
(c) His arm
(d) His ego
3. What is another name for a land mine?
(a) Last Step
(b) Toe Popper
(c) Sizzling Sally
4. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
(b) Mary Anne Bell
(c) Sally Kramer
5. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) There is a lesson at the end
(b) There is no moral ending
(c) It takes place during a battle
(d) Someone dies in it
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the jackknife incident change the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
2. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
3. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
5. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
2. What important information does the reader learn about the story in the preceding chapter?
3. What is so unbelievable about Rat Kiley's story?
4. What is Norman's assessment of his valor and bravery?
5. How does Norman Bowker ultimately cope with returning home?
6. How did Tim see Curt Lemon's personality?
7. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
8. What puts the death pact to the test? Be specific.
9. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
10. What is unique about the movements required of Alpha Company for this chapter's mission?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)