|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(a) Curt Lemmon
(b) Lee Strunk
(d) Ted Lavender
2. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
(a) A yo-yo
(b) A cigarette lighter
(c) A coin he flips
(d) A deck of cards
3. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) At a Christian mission
(b) Beneath a Hindu statue
(c) A pagoda
(d) In a village with refugee clerics
4. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Participating in a parade
(b) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
(c) Organizing sit ins at his college
(d) Setting the recruiting station on fire
5. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(b) Jimmy Cross
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Mitchell Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
2. How many monks are there to help the men with camp?
3. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
4. What personality does Curt Lemon put out for others to see according to the narrator?
5. Where is Martha a student?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tim's first experience with death?
2. What happens to Tim after he kills the man in the path with a grenade?
3. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
4. How did the men recover Kiowa's body?
5. What does Dave Jensen do to make himself square with Lee Strunk?
6. Why was Curt Lemon afraid of the dentist?
7. How does the narrator feel about the war in Vietnam?
8. How is Norma Bowker's life before the war and after the war contrasted?
9. What does Tim invent about the man he killed?
10. Who did you think was the victim as you read the chapter, and who did you think was the victim once you finished it? Why?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)