|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many monks are there to help the men with camp?
2. Who are the men order to see?
(a) The dentist
(b) The doctor
(c) The psychologist
(d) The company commander
3. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
4. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
(a) He hurts himself
(b) He joins the Peace Corps
(c) He runs away
(d) He goes to war
5. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
(a) Like he is dying
(b) He passes out at the sight of blood
(c) Like he stubbed a toe
(d) He screams the pain is terrible
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he call the object around his neck?
2. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
3. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
4. Where does Tim consider running to?
5. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the terms of the death pact ultimately carried out?
2. Why is the story of Rat Kiley killing the baby water buffalo a "love" story?
3. Who was Elroy Berdahl and what is his significance to the narrator?
4. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
5. Why did the men have to see the dentist?
6. Give a description of boredom as used in the novel.
7. How would you describe Martha's "separate-but-together quality" her and Lieutenant Cross share? What does she send to represent this quality?
8. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
9. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
10. Why do the men like checkers?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)