|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Boom Down
(b) Slow Motion
(c) Great Suffering
(d) Bang Dead
2. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Dave Jensen
(d) Curt Lemon
3. What color are Martha's eyes?
4. Which item doubled as a body bag?
(c) Flak jacket
(d) Extra set of fatigues
5. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
(b) Sally Kramer
(c) Mary Anne Bell
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
2. What does Dave Jensen do when he snaps?
3. Martha became a trained __________.
4. What happened when Curt Lemon walked into the tent?
5. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the story of Rat Kiley killing the baby water buffalo a "love" story?
2. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
3. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
4. Why do the men like checkers?
5. Why do Jimmy Cross and Tim O'Brien stop drinking coffee, and what do they switch to?
6. What happens to make the platoon believe in the good luck provided by the pantyhose?
7. Give an example of a stark contrast between how the men normally behave, and how the war changes their behavior.
8. What would you guess happened during the war that Jimmy asked Tim to leave out of his book?
9. What puts the death pact to the test? Be specific.
10. What was Martha's response to Jimmy's confession about wanting to hold her knee?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)