|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company are the men in?
(a) Charlie Company
(b) Delta Company
(c) Bravo Company
(d) Alpha Company
2. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
3. What personality does Curt Lemon put out for others to see according to the narrator?
(a) A big prankster, always pulling tricks on members of the platoon
(b) A tough soldier, always puffing himself up
(c) A de facto leader, always reminding the guys of SOP
(d) A scared young man, always taking drugs to stay relaxed
4. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
(a) Roman Holiday
(b) Pillow Talk
(c) Bonnie and Clyde
5. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
(a) Because the monks won't let an Indian sleep inside their walls
(b) Because the enemy took all the valuable supplies
(c) Because it isn't strategic
(d) Because it is disrespectful to religion
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
2. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
3. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
4. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
5. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jimmy Cross and Tim O'Brien stop drinking coffee, and what do they switch to?
2. What does Dave Jensen do to make himself square with Lee Strunk?
3. Why do you think Martha never married?
4. Why do the men like checkers?
5. How does Lieutenant Cross resolve his responsibility in Ted Lavender's death?
6. Why was Curt Lemon afraid of the dentist?
7. When Lee Strunk returns from sick bay, how does Dave Jensen react?
8. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
9. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
10. How would you describe Martha's "separate-but-together quality" her and Lieutenant Cross share? What does she send to represent this quality?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)