|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
(a) Baby snake
(b) Baby deer
(c) Baby water buffalo
(d) Baby goat
2. Where is the platoon at?
(a) My Khe
(b) Than Khe
(c) Landing Zone Gator
(d) Home in the United States
3. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His ego
(b) His nose
(c) His leg
(d) His arm
4. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
(a) How to skin a man
(b) A rain dance
(c) How to read
(d) How to make moccasins
5. How many monks are there to help the men with camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
2. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
3. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
4. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
5. What company are the men in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Lieutenant Cross's tears misinterpreted after the death of Ted Lavender?
2. What are Henry Dobbins' tentative plans for after the war?
3. How would you describe Martha's "separate-but-together quality" her and Lieutenant Cross share? What does she send to represent this quality?
4. What would you guess happened during the war that Jimmy asked Tim to leave out of his book?
5. Why is the story of Rat Kiley killing the baby water buffalo a "love" story?
6. What was Martha's response to Jimmy's confession about wanting to hold her knee?
7. Who did you think was the victim as you read the chapter, and who did you think was the victim once you finished it? Why?
8. Why does Rat Kiley write a letter to Curt Lemon's sister, and what does the letter contain?
9. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
10. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)