|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you follow the dink, you stay in the _____________.
2. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
(a) Throat cutter
3. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was promoted
(b) The man died
(c) The man was captured
(d) The man is coming home safely
4. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) 3 days
(b) About a month
(c) About a week
(d) 1 night
5. What information is the letter Henry Dobbins receives in October?
(a) His sister is sick
(b) His girlfriend dumps him
(c) His mother died
(d) His girlfriend is pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
2. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
3. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
4. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
5. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why you think Dave Jensen is so upset someone stole from him.
2. Give a description of boredom as used in the novel.
3. What happens to make the platoon believe in the good luck provided by the pantyhose?
4. What does Dave Jensen do to make himself square with Lee Strunk?
5. Why do you think Martha never married?
6. How does Lee Strunk react to his injury?
7. How are the terms of the death pact ultimately carried out?
8. Why was Curt Lemon afraid of the dentist?
9. How did Tim see Curt Lemon's personality?
10. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)