|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
(a) He enjoyed the trip to the medical camp
(b) He didn't steal Dave Jensen's jackknife, but he knows who did.
(c) He always wanted a nose job
(d) He stole Dave Jensen's jackknife
2. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) Beneath a Hindu statue
(b) In a village with refugee clerics
(c) A pagoda
(d) At a Christian mission
3. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
(a) He lives next door
(b) Tim's guest room
(c) A hotel
(d) The nearby army base
4. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was captured
(b) The man was promoted
(c) The man died
(d) The man is coming home safely
5. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) My Khe
(b) Rocket Pocket
(c) Chu Lai
(d) Than Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a war story NOT about?
2. Where is Martha a student?
3. Before going out on ambush patrol, what does Henry Dobbins wrap around his neck?
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
5. Where is the platoon at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's reaction to his girlfriend dumping him?
2. What was the story for Mitchell Sander's moral of "Nobody listens?"
3. What happens to make the platoon believe in the good luck provided by the pantyhose?
4. Give a description of boredom as used in the novel.
5. How does the incident of the broken noses affect the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
6. Give examples of how the men dealt with death.
7. How are the terms of the death pact ultimately carried out?
8. What are Henry Dobbins' tentative plans for after the war?
9. Why does the narrator he is a bad fit to be drafted into the war?
10. How does Curt Lemon recover from his personal failure at the dentist?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)