|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Army position did the narrator hold?
(a) Radio man
(b) Foot soldier
2. Who helps Tim spook Bobby Jorgenson out on patrol?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Henry Dobbins
(d) Morty Phillips
3. What landmark was Tim able to recognize in the field where Kiowa died, years later?
(a) The small area where Lt. Cross had set up command post
(b) The exact place where Kiowa was hit by a shell
(c) The landing area the men cleared for the chopper
(d) The place where his foxhole was
4. How does the narrator find relief from his feelings about the war?
(a) He works out
(b) He writes stories
(c) He visits VA hospitals
(d) He cries
5. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
(d) Rubber sandals
6. Which is NOT a way the men react to Rat Kiley's injury?
(a) Offer to write it up as an accident
(b) Give him comic books to read
(c) Calling him a coward
(d) Cheer him up about the hospitals in Japan
7. What almost killed Tim?
(a) A knife wound from town
(b) A shot to the shoulder
(c) A partial land mine detonation
(d) An improperly dressed wound
8. What color clothes was the man wearing when Tim killed him?
9. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
(a) His father
(b) His daughter
(c) His son
(d) His wife
10. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
(a) Did you ever kill anyone?
(b) Did you lose your best friend in war?
(c) Did you ever get shot?
(d) Did you have a girlfriend in Vietnam?
11. What animal does Tim notice as he tries to process the death of the man he killed?
(a) A bird
(b) A worm
(c) A butterfly
(d) A snake
12. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
(a) Norman Boker's suicide
(b) A letter from Kiowa's father
(c) The death of Lt. Cross
(d) Feedback from his daughter
13. Who mimics the girl's dancing later that night, making Henry Dobbins angry?
(a) Rat Kiley
(c) Curt Lemon
14. Which feeling does the narrator not admit to about the war?
15. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
(a) Mary Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Lt. Cross about the location the men choose to camp in?
2. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
3. What part of the story is Tim's own?
4. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
5. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)