|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
(a) Norman Boker's suicide
(b) Feedback from his daughter
(c) The death of Lt. Cross
(d) A letter from Kiowa's father
2. By what area of the body does Norman Bowker attempt to pull the body out of the muck?
(a) His belt
(b) His hand
(c) His boot
(d) His arm
3. Who helps Tim spook Bobby Jorgenson out on patrol?
(a) Morty Phillips
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Henry Dobbins
4. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
5. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
(a) It's where the village keeps their sewage
(b) It's a graveyard
(c) It's crawling with venomous snakes
(d) It's infested with large bugs
6. How do the men in the platoon treat Tim when they run into him at the supply command?
(a) They greet him and treat him as if nothing happened
(b) They ignore him because they all thought he died
(c) They treat him politely and ask him for favors
(d) They treat him distantly, because he isn't one of them anymore
7. Which feeling does the narrator not admit to about the war?
8. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
(a) A camp fire
(b) A camera flash
(c) A flashlight
(d) A cigarette
9. What is not a phrase used by the men to describe the dead?
(a) Crispy critter
(b) Crunchie munchie
(c) Cracker jack
(d) Roasted peanut
10. Who was the first person Tim grieved for their death?
(a) His grandfather
(d) The man he killed on the trail
11. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
(a) His son
(b) His daughter
(c) His father
(d) His wife
12. How did the old farmer react to Tim?
(a) He smiled as he drove past
(b) He raised a shovel in defiance
(c) He gave him a hug
(d) He shook hands and shared war stories
13. Who mimics the girl's dancing later that night, making Henry Dobbins angry?
(b) Curt Lemon
(d) Rat Kiley
14. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
15. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
(d) Mary Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the mission the men were given when Rat Kiley was injured?
2. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
3. What is the person they meet doing in the middle of a burned house?
4. What part of the story is Tim's own?
5. What is Tim trying to save with a story?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)