|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the young man trying to show Kiowa before "the whole field blew up around them?"
(a) A medal for bravery
(b) A picture of his girlfriend
(c) A postcard from home
(d) A passage in the Bible
2. Where did Tim and Linda go on a date?
(a) To the park
(b) To a movie
(c) To a baseball game
(d) To a skating rink
3. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
(a) The death of Lt. Cross
(b) A letter from Kiowa's father
(c) Norman Boker's suicide
(d) Feedback from his daughter
4. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
(a) A heart
(b) A circle
(c) A star
(d) A crescent moon
5. Who defends Lt. Cross from being at fault when the other guys want to blame him?
(a) Norman Bowker
(c) Henry Dobbins
(d) Mitchell Sanders
6. What color clothes was the man wearing when Tim killed him?
7. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
(a) Did you ever kill anyone?
(b) Did you ever get shot?
(c) Did you lose your best friend in war?
(d) Did you have a girlfriend in Vietnam?
8. What question of Kathleen's does Tim have a hard time finding an answer to?
(a) Why was there a war?
(b) Why were they visiting Vietnam?
(c) Why did he write war stories?
(d) Why did he kill the man in the trail?
9. What couldn't Tim bring himself to do?
(a) Joke with the guys about killing people
(b) Find himself a Vietnam girlfriend
(c) Give his rations to the villagers
(d) Talk to a dead body as if it were alive
10. How old was Tim when he first dealt with death?
11. Who makes the decision to NOT alert Lt. Cross about finding the body?
(a) Rat Kiley
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Henry Dobbins
12. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
(a) A camera flash
(b) A cigarette
(c) A camp fire
(d) A flashlight
13. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From a newspaper article
(b) From his chat with Lt. Cross
(c) From a visit back to Vietnam
(d) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
14. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
(a) It's where the village keeps their sewage
(b) It's a graveyard
(c) It's crawling with venomous snakes
(d) It's infested with large bugs
15. How could Kiowa be sure the man would have done harm to the platoon if Tim had not killed him?
(a) The man carried a gun and ammunition
(b) The man carried a supply of land mines
(c) The man carried dog tags of dead American soldiers
(d) The man carried letters of troop movements
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
2. Which is NOT a way the men react to Rat Kiley's injury?
3. How does Rat Kiley ensure a ticket home?
4. What almost killed Tim?
5. What was unique about the mission the men were given when Rat Kiley was injured?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)