|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kiowa's father do?
(a) Work as a mechanic
(b) Teach Sunday school
(c) Teach elementary school
(d) Work as a gardener
2. What was unique about the mission the men were given when Rat Kiley was injured?
(a) They had to work alone
(b) They had to keep talking nonstop as part of a ruse
(c) They had to walk at night and sleep during the day
(d) They had to crawl the entire way
3. Who is curious about if the narrator killed anybody?
(a) His wife
(b) His friend
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
4. Which is not a way the men coped with the night mission?
(a) Safety line
(d) Vitamins for better eye sight
5. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
(a) A circle
(b) A heart
(c) A crescent moon
(d) A star
6. Who makes the decision to NOT alert Lt. Cross about finding the body?
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Henry Dobbins
7. Who does Rat Kiley accuse of whispering his name?
(a) The villagers
(b) The other men in the platoon
(c) The trees
(d) The bugs
8. How do the men in the platoon treat Tim when they run into him at the supply command?
(a) They greet him and treat him as if nothing happened
(b) They treat him politely and ask him for favors
(c) They treat him distantly, because he isn't one of them anymore
(d) They ignore him because they all thought he died
9. Where is the first draft of the story inspired by Norman Bowker published?
(a) In Reader's Digest
(b) In a national magazine
(c) On the Internet
(d) In an anthology of short stories
10. How old was Tim when he first dealt with death?
11. Who does Tim blame for his near-death experience?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Morty Phillips
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Bobby Jorgenson
12. What source of light gave away the platoon's position?
(a) A camp fire
(b) A cigarette
(c) A flashlight
(d) A camera flash
13. What member of the platoon attempts to comfort Tim after he kills a man?
(a) Rat Kiley
(d) Lt. Cross
14. How does Rat Kiley deal with the mission at first?
(a) By talking non stop
(b) By remaining silent
(c) By killing all the bugs
(d) By counting as high as he can
15. What personal item did Tim "bury" in the river?
(a) Lt. Cross's pebble
(b) A picture of his old girlfriend
(c) Kiowa's moccasins
(d) Henry Dobbins' panty hose
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the village the men come upon in "Style?"
2. By what area of the body does Norman Bowker attempt to pull the body out of the muck?
3. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
4. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
5. How did Rat Kiley tease Tim to keep him out of shock?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)