Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day was it when Tim killed the man on the trail?
2. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
(a) The death of Lt. Cross
(b) A letter from Kiowa's father
(c) Feedback from his daughter
(d) Norman Boker's suicide
3. Why does Henry Dobbins think the girl is dancing?
(a) Because she is nervous
(b) Because she wants to
(c) Because it is a ritual
(d) Because she wants the soldiers to like her
4. How does Rat Kiley deal with the mission at first?
(a) By killing all the bugs
(b) By talking non stop
(c) By remaining silent
(d) By counting as high as he can
5. Who does Tim take with him on his trip to Vietnam?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(c) His father
(d) His son
6. Who defends Lt. Cross from being at fault when the other guys want to blame him?
(b) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Norman Bowker
(d) Henry Dobbins
7. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
(b) From a newspaper article
(c) From a visit back to Vietnam
(d) From his chat with Lt. Cross
8. Who is curious about if the narrator killed anybody?
(a) His daughter
(b) His friend
(c) His wife
(d) His son
9. Who helps Tim spook Bobby Jorgenson out on patrol?
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Morty Phillips
10. What was the young man trying to show Kiowa before "the whole field blew up around them?"
(a) A postcard from home
(b) A passage in the Bible
(c) A medal for bravery
(d) A picture of his girlfriend
11. What almost killed Tim?
(a) A shot to the shoulder
(b) An improperly dressed wound
(c) A partial land mine detonation
(d) A knife wound from town
12. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
(a) Classes at a community college
(b) Dating a number of women
(c) Working at various jobs
(d) Basketball at the YMCA
13. What member of the platoon attempts to comfort Tim after he kills a man?
(b) Lt. Cross
(d) Rat Kiley
14. Which is not a way the men coped with the night mission?
(c) Safety line
(d) Vitamins for better eye sight
15. Where did Tim and Linda go on a date?
(a) To a skating rink
(b) To a movie
(c) To the park
(d) To a baseball game
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Kathleen's does Tim have a hard time finding an answer to?
2. What did Tim use to kill the man on the trail?
3. What was wrong with the village the men come upon in "Style?"
4. How many soldiers are said to be in the platoon?
5. The man Tim killed had a hole the shape of what where an eye was supposed to be?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)