|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Lee Strunk
(d) Ted Lavender
2. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 2 days
(b) 1 weekend
(c) 1 week
(d) 6 days
3. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
(a) Sally Kramer
(c) Mary Anne Bell
4. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
(a) He always wanted a nose job
(b) He enjoyed the trip to the medical camp
(c) He stole Dave Jensen's jackknife
(d) He didn't steal Dave Jensen's jackknife, but he knows who did.
5. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He attacked the dentist while he slept
(b) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
(c) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
(d) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
6. How does Tim join the army?
(a) Signing up with a recruiter
(b) To get out of going to jail
(c) Joining an officer's trainging program
(d) The draft
7. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
(a) Henry Dobbins
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Ted Lavender
(d) Lee Strunk
8. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) Middle of August
(b) Middle of April
(c) First week of April
(d) First week of August
9. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
(a) A boy with one leg
(b) A man in the platoon who is about to die
(c) A kid with a puppy
(d) A pretty girl he sees
10. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
(a) They became blood brothers
(b) They wrote it on paper and signed it
(c) They asked Lt. Cross to witness it
(d) The spit shook on it
11. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Mean and strict
(b) Heroic and courageous
(c) Brave and handsome
(d) Smart and crafty
12. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(d) Playing Games
13. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
(a) Playing cards with other men
(b) His foxhole
(c) In the hospital
(d) Around the fire
14. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
(a) He lives next door
(b) Tim's guest room
(c) The nearby army base
(d) A hotel
15. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) About a month
(b) About a week
(c) 3 days
(d) 1 night
Short Answer Questions
1. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
2. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
3. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
4. What is the name of the area the men are in?
5. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)