|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the platoon at?
(a) Than Khe
(b) Landing Zone Gator
(c) Home in the United States
(d) My Khe
2. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 1 week
(b) 2 days
(c) 1 weekend
(d) 6 days
3. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) 3 days
(b) 1 night
(c) About a week
(d) About a month
4. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Heroic and courageous
(b) Mean and strict
(c) Smart and crafty
(d) Brave and handsome
5. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
6. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
(b) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(c) He speaks out against the war
(d) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
7. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(c) Playing Games
8. How does Lee Strunk think the doctors will treat the wound?
(a) They will cut his other leg to match
(b) They will give him a prosthetic
(c) They will sew it back on.
(d) They will amputate the rest of the leg
9. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Right arm
(b) Left arm
(c) Right leg
(d) Left leg
10. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
(a) Play a game of checkers
(b) Sit by himself under a tree
(c) Volunteer to go out on patrol
(d) Go for a swim
11. What personality does Curt Lemon put out for others to see according to the narrator?
(a) A big prankster, always pulling tricks on members of the platoon
(b) A de facto leader, always reminding the guys of SOP
(c) A tough soldier, always puffing himself up
(d) A scared young man, always taking drugs to stay relaxed
12. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
13. How many monks are there to help the men with camp?
14. What does Dave Jensen ask Lee Strunk?
(a) Is everything square between them?
(b) Can he help him?
(c) Does he have any morphine?
(d) Can he have a cigarette?
15. Where is Tim's first job after college?
(a) At an office for McCarthy's campaign
(b) At a pig slaughter factory
(c) At a vacation resort
(d) At a grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. Which men have a conversation when they see Lt. Cross crying after Ted Lavender's death?
2. Who does Tim credit with saving his life?
3. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
5. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)