|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
(b) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
(c) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(d) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
2. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
(a) Tip Top Lodge
(b) At a campsite
(c) Niagra Falls
(d) His Aunt's house
3. What is a war story NOT about?
(b) Peole who never listen
(c) Teaching a lesson
(d) Love and memory
4. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Left arm
(b) Right arm
(c) Left leg
(d) Right leg
5. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(b) Rock, Paper, Scissors
(c) 20 Questions
6. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
(a) Ted Lavender
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Lee Strunk
7. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
(a) Dave Jensen stole Lee Strunk's jackknife back
(b) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(c) They made a death pact
(d) Lee Strunk stepped on a rigged mortar
8. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
(a) A boy with one leg
(b) A pretty girl he sees
(c) A kid with a puppy
(d) A man in the platoon who is about to die
9. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
(a) He kills the most number of enemies
(b) He escapes certain death
(c) He never is picked for tunnel duty
(d) Women in the village blow him kisses
10. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) A dead boy's thumb
(b) Body lice
(d) Letters home
11. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
(a) Supply chopper
(b) Supply tent
(d) Scavenging from fallen enemies
12. What happens to Mary Anne Bell in the end, according to Rat Kiley?
(a) She goes out and never returns, becoming a part of Vietnam
(b) She and Mark Fossie get married on the beach
(c) She takes a helicopter back home
(d) She was killed by a land mine
13. What year does Tim graduate college?
14. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(b) Playing Games
15. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) About a week
(b) 1 night
(c) 3 days
(d) About a month
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Martha a student?
2. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
3. What does Dave Jensen borrow?
4. What does he call the object around his neck?
5. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)