|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
(a) Chopper catch
(b) Home runs
(c) Freedom birds
(d) Liberty lifts
2. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
(a) To celebrate his attack on the dentist
(b) To show off the tooth he had pulled
(c) To keep from laughing at the rest of the platoon
(d) To make everyone know how great he was at killing Viet Cong
3. What company are the men in?
(a) Alpha Company
(b) Delta Company
(c) Bravo Company
(d) Charlie Company
4. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
(a) He shoots down a bird
(b) He gives it to Less Strunk as a peace offering
(c) He breaks his own nose
(d) He captures a Viet Cong
5. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
6. Where does Tim consider running to?
7. What is Dave Jensen worried about?
(a) He will step on a booby trap
(b) Lee Strunk will retaliate
(c) The rest of the platoon will kill him
(d) Lee Strunk will shoot him
8. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
(a) Lt. Cross
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) The narrator
9. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(b) Playing Games
10. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) Rat Kiley give him bandages
(b) Village women help fix him
(c) He refuses medical treatment
(d) He is choppered back
11. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
(a) Ted Lavender
(b) Lee Strunk
(c) Henry Dobbins
(d) Rat Kiley
12. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) Middle of August
(b) Middle of April
(c) First week of April
(d) First week of August
13. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
(a) He actually saved one from burning in Vietnam
(b) Martha died, and he cut it out of the newspaper
(c) Martha's mother mailed him one after he came home
(d) She gave it to him at a college reunion
14. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
(a) A tourniquet and morphine
(b) Gives him a cigarette and tells him not to worry
(c) Caterizes the wound
(d) Asks the men to donate blood
15. What personality does Curt Lemon put out for others to see according to the narrator?
(a) A de facto leader, always reminding the guys of SOP
(b) A scared young man, always taking drugs to stay relaxed
(c) A tough soldier, always puffing himself up
(d) A big prankster, always pulling tricks on members of the platoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wound qualified for a mercy kill?
2. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
3. What year does Tim graduate college?
4. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)