|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(b) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(c) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(d) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
2. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Right leg
(b) Left leg
(c) Left arm
(d) Right arm
3. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) He refuses medical treatment
(b) Rat Kiley give him bandages
(c) He is choppered back
(d) Village women help fix him
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
(a) To show off the tooth he had pulled
(b) To celebrate his attack on the dentist
(c) To make everyone know how great he was at killing Viet Cong
(d) To keep from laughing at the rest of the platoon
5. Where does Tim consider running to?
6. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) Middle of August
(b) Middle of April
(c) First week of August
(d) First week of April
7. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
(a) He gives it to Less Strunk as a peace offering
(b) He shoots down a bird
(c) He breaks his own nose
(d) He captures a Viet Cong
8. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
(a) A man in the platoon who is about to die
(b) A boy with one leg
(c) A pretty girl he sees
(d) A kid with a puppy
9. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The remorse of killing others
(b) The loss of Martha's love
(c) The death of Ted Lavender
(d) The deaths of men after they returned home
10. What does he call the object around his neck?
(a) His good luck charm
(b) His piece of home
(c) His closeness to a woman
(d) His guardian angel
11. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(b) Lee Strunk
(c) Curt Lemmon
(d) Ted Lavender
12. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
(a) He always wanted a nose job
(b) He enjoyed the trip to the medical camp
(c) He didn't steal Dave Jensen's jackknife, but he knows who did.
(d) He stole Dave Jensen's jackknife
13. What is Dave Jensen worried about?
(a) Lee Strunk will retaliate
(b) Lee Strunk will shoot him
(c) The rest of the platoon will kill him
(d) He will step on a booby trap
14. What happens to Mary Anne Bell in the end, according to Rat Kiley?
(a) She takes a helicopter back home
(b) She and Mark Fossie get married on the beach
(c) She was killed by a land mine
(d) She goes out and never returns, becoming a part of Vietnam
15. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Curt Lemon
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hump it" means what?
2. What company are the men in?
3. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
4. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
5. What happens to Lee Strunk?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)