|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
2. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(a) 20 Questions
(c) Rock, Paper, Scissors
3. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Norman Bowker
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To not mention something in his book
(b) To help him find a job
(c) To make sure he is buried at home
(d) To take care of Martha for him
5. What does Dave Jensen borrow?
(a) A pistol
(b) A cigarette
(c) A bar of chocolate
(d) A shovel
6. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
(a) Niagra Falls
(b) Tip Top Lodge
(c) His Aunt's house
(d) At a campsite
7. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
(b) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
(c) He attacked the dentist while he slept
(d) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
8. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
9. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Rat Kiley
(d) Jimmy Cross
10. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
(a) The medals his son brings home
(b) His son coming home safely
(c) His son's position in the army
(d) Where his son is serving
11. Where does Tim consider running to?
12. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was captured
(b) The man died
(c) The man was promoted
(d) The man is coming home safely
13. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Body lice
(b) Letters home
(c) A dead boy's thumb
14. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
(b) Garden of Eden
(c) Garden of Evil
15. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The deaths of men after they returned home
(b) The remorse of killing others
(c) The death of Ted Lavender
(d) The loss of Martha's love
Short Answer Questions
1. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
2. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
3. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
4. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
5. "Hump it" means what?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)