|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
(b) New Year's
(d) Fourth of July
2. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
(a) Take turns on night guard duty
(b) Play cards together
(c) Team up on ambushes
(d) Share a foxhole
3. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A bullet
(b) A grain of rice
(c) A pebble
(d) A piece of candy
4. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
5. What is Dave Jensen's decision with regard to the pact he made with Lee Strunk?
(a) He promises to smother him in the hospital
(b) He does not kill him.
(c) He loosens the tourniquet so he bleeds to death
(d) He shoots him in the head with a pistol
6. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) A pagoda
(b) Beneath a Hindu statue
(c) In a village with refugee clerics
(d) At a Christian mission
7. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
8. How is Henry Dobbins described by the narrator?
(a) Good man and superb soldier
(b) Weird man and stupid soldier
(c) Bad man and scared soldier
(d) Great man and bad soldier
9. Where is the platoon at?
(a) My Khe
(b) Landing Zone Gator
(c) Than Khe
(d) Home in the United States
10. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
(b) The narrator
(c) Lt. Cross
(d) Henry Dobbins
11. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) There is no moral ending
(b) Someone dies in it
(c) It takes place during a battle
(d) There is a lesson at the end
12. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
(a) Throat cutter
13. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) My Khe
(b) Chu Lai
(c) Than Khe
(d) Rocket Pocket
14. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(b) Jimmy Cross
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Mitchell Sanders
15. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
(a) Around the fire
(b) Playing cards with other men
(c) His foxhole
(d) In the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
2. What kind of wound qualified for a mercy kill?
3. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
4. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
5. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)