Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Mean and strict
(b) Brave and handsome
(c) Smart and crafty
(d) Heroic and courageous
2. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His nose
(b) His leg
(c) His arm
(d) His ego
3. What is another name for a land mine?
(a) Last Step
(b) Toe Popper
(c) Sizzling Sally
4. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
(b) Mary Anne Bell
(c) Sally Kramer
5. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) There is a lesson at the end
(b) There is no moral ending
(c) It takes place during a battle
(d) Someone dies in it
6. How did the jackknife incident change the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) They hated each other
(b) They instantly became best friends
(c) The avoided each other
(d) They trusted each other
7. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 weekend
(c) 2 days
(d) 6 days
8. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was promoted
(b) The man died
(c) The man is coming home safely
(d) The man was captured
9. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
(a) To keep from laughing at the rest of the platoon
(b) To make everyone know how great he was at killing Viet Cong
(c) To show off the tooth he had pulled
(d) To celebrate his attack on the dentist
10. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) Lee Strunk is hit by sniper fire
(b) Dave Jensen steps on a rigged mortar round
(c) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(d) Lee Strunk steps on a rigged mortar round
11. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
(b) Fourth of July
(c) New Year's
12. Where is the platoon at?
(a) Landing Zone Gator
(b) My Khe
(c) Home in the United States
(d) Than Khe
13. Who was excused from tunnel duty due to size?
(a) Lee Strunk
(b) Ted Lavender
(c) Henry Dobbins
(d) Rat Kiley
14. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He attacked the dentist while he slept
(b) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
(c) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
(d) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
15. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
2. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
3. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
4. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
5. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)