Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A grain of rice
(b) A piece of candy
(c) A pebble
(d) A bullet
2. Where is the platoon at?
(a) My Khe
(b) Home in the United States
(c) Landing Zone Gator
(d) Than Khe
3. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
(a) Gives him a cigarette and tells him not to worry
(b) Caterizes the wound
(c) A tourniquet and morphine
(d) Asks the men to donate blood
4. What information is the letter Henry Dobbins receives in October?
(a) His girlfriend dumps him
(b) His mother died
(c) His sister is sick
(d) His girlfriend is pregnant
5. How does Jimmy ask Tim to portray him in the book he is writing?
(a) Heroic and courageous
(b) Brave and handsome
(c) Mean and strict
(d) Smart and crafty
6. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) It takes place during a battle
(b) There is a lesson at the end
(c) Someone dies in it
(d) There is no moral ending
7. How does Lee Strunk think the doctors will treat the wound?
(a) They will sew it back on.
(b) They will amputate the rest of the leg
(c) They will cut his other leg to match
(d) They will give him a prosthetic
8. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
(a) Volunteer to go out on patrol
(b) Play a game of checkers
(c) Sit by himself under a tree
(d) Go for a swim
9. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His nose
(b) His leg
(c) His arm
(d) His ego
10. Who shares the story of the girlfriend in Vietnam?
(a) Mitchell Sanders
(b) Dave Jensen
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Curt Lemon
11. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
(a) He never is picked for tunnel duty
(b) He kills the most number of enemies
(c) Women in the village blow him kisses
(d) He escapes certain death
12. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) Curt Lemon
(d) Dave Jensen
13. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was captured
(b) The man is coming home safely
(c) The man died
(d) The man was promoted
14. How did the jackknife incident change the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) They trusted each other
(b) They instantly became best friends
(c) They hated each other
(d) The avoided each other
15. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
2. Martha became a trained __________.
3. How did Tim protest the war?
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
5. Which item doubled as a body bag?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)