|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the letter what does Henry Dobbins decide to do?
(a) Injure himself so he can get home to see his sister
(b) Sends his payment certificates to his girlfriend
(c) Sits down and cries over the loss of his mother
(d) Wear the pantyhose anyway; the magic is still there
2. Which item doubled as a body bag?
(a) Flak jacket
(b) Extra set of fatigues
3. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(b) Lee Strunk is hit by sniper fire
(c) Lee Strunk steps on a rigged mortar round
(d) Dave Jensen steps on a rigged mortar round
4. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
(a) A personal letter
(b) A jackknife
(c) A food ration
(d) A girlfriend's photograph
5. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(b) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
(c) He speaks out against the war
(d) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
6. "Hump it" means what?
(a) Stay in formation
(b) Dig a foxhole
(c) To carry something
(d) Shoot at the enemy
7. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(a) Ted Lavender
(c) Lee Strunk
(d) Curt Lemmon
8. What does Rat Kiley do first to the baby water buffalo?
(a) Takes it for a walk
(b) Shoots it in the knee
(c) Offers it pork and beans
(d) Shoots it in the head
9. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(b) Playing Games
10. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
(b) New Year's
(c) Fourth of July
11. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) Rat Kiley give him bandages
(b) He is choppered back
(c) He refuses medical treatment
(d) Village women help fix him
12. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Boom Down
(b) Bang Dead
(c) Slow Motion
(d) Great Suffering
13. Who began to tense up in the line waiting for an examination?
(a) Dave Jense
(b) Tim O'Brien
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Curt Lemon
14. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
(a) Bonnie and Clyde
(b) Roman Holiday
(d) Pillow Talk
15. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Norman Bowker
(d) Mitchell Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
2. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
3. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
4. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
5. Who is unlucky to draw tunnel duty during the mission outside Than Khe?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)