|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(a) Jimmy Cross
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Mitchell Sanders
2. After the letter what does Henry Dobbins decide to do?
(a) Sits down and cries over the loss of his mother
(b) Injure himself so he can get home to see his sister
(c) Sends his payment certificates to his girlfriend
(d) Wear the pantyhose anyway; the magic is still there
3. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
(a) Lee Strunk stepped on a rigged mortar
(b) Dave Jensen stole Lee Strunk's jackknife back
(c) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(d) They made a death pact
4. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
5. How does Tim join the army?
(a) To get out of going to jail
(b) Joining an officer's trainging program
(c) The draft
(d) Signing up with a recruiter
6. Who shares the story of the girlfriend in Vietnam?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Curt Lemon
(c) Mitchell Sanders
(d) Dave Jensen
7. How does the sister respond to Rat Kiley's letter?
(a) She thanks Rat for the letter
(b) She starts writing Rat love letters
(c) She never writes back
(d) She asks Rat to visit
8. "If you weren't humping, you were __________."
(c) Playing Games
9. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
(a) He always wanted a nose job
(b) He stole Dave Jensen's jackknife
(c) He didn't steal Dave Jensen's jackknife, but he knows who did.
(d) He enjoyed the trip to the medical camp
10. Where does Tim consider running to?
11. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
(a) A cigarette lighter
(b) A yo-yo
(c) A deck of cards
(d) A coin he flips
12. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was captured
(b) The man is coming home safely
(c) The man was promoted
(d) The man died
13. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
(a) A jackknife
(b) A girlfriend's photograph
(c) A food ration
(d) A personal letter
14. Which men have a conversation when they see Lt. Cross crying after Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Norman Bowker and Henry Dobbins
(b) Rat Kiley and Kiowa
(c) Kiowa and Norman Bowker
(d) Mitchell Sanders and Dave Jensen
15. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) Rocket Pocket
(b) Than Khe
(c) Chu Lai
(d) My Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
2. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
3. What profession did Henry Dobbins want to have in high school?
4. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
5. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)