|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha became a trained __________.
2. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
(c) Mary Anne Bell
(d) Sally Kramer
3. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A piece of candy
(b) A pebble
(c) A bullet
(d) A grain of rice
4. How is Henry Dobbins described by the narrator?
(a) Weird man and stupid soldier
(b) Bad man and scared soldier
(c) Good man and superb soldier
(d) Great man and bad soldier
5. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To not mention something in his book
(b) To help him find a job
(c) To take care of Martha for him
(d) To make sure he is buried at home
6. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
(a) Baby snake
(b) Baby deer
(c) Baby water buffalo
(d) Baby goat
7. If you follow the dink, you stay in the _____________.
8. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
(b) A man Tim killed
(c) Tim running away
(d) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
9. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
(a) Volunteer to go out on patrol
(b) Play a game of checkers
(c) Go for a swim
(d) Sit by himself under a tree
10. How long does Tim stay with Elroy at the Tip Top Lodge?
(a) 2 days
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 weekend
(d) 6 days
11. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
(a) They asked Lt. Cross to witness it
(b) They became blood brothers
(c) They wrote it on paper and signed it
(d) The spit shook on it
12. Who tells the war story about the listening patrol?
(a) Dave Jensen
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Tim O'Brien
(d) Mitchell Sanders
13. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Body lice
(b) Letters home
(d) A dead boy's thumb
14. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
(a) Asks the men to donate blood
(b) Gives him a cigarette and tells him not to worry
(c) A tourniquet and morphine
(d) Caterizes the wound
15. What does Dave Jensen ask Lee Strunk?
(a) Can he have a cigarette?
(b) Is everything square between them?
(c) Does he have any morphine?
(d) Can he help him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
2. What does Dave Jensen do when he snaps?
3. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
4. Who are the men order to see?
5. What company are the men in?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)