|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the men order to see?
(a) The company commander
(b) The dentist
(c) The psychologist
(d) The doctor
2. What is a war story NOT about?
(b) Love and memory
(c) Peole who never listen
(d) Teaching a lesson
3. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To not mention something in his book
(b) To make sure he is buried at home
(c) To help him find a job
(d) To take care of Martha for him
4. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
(a) New Year's
(b) Fourth of July
5. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
(a) He promises to lead Tim into Canada
(b) He takes Tim fishing right by the border
(c) He speaks out against the war
(d) He gives Tim a contact to call in Canada
6. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
(a) Garden of Eden
(b) Garden of Evil
7. Where is the platoon at?
(a) My Khe
(b) Than Khe
(c) Home in the United States
(d) Landing Zone Gator
8. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
9. Who began to tense up in the line waiting for an examination?
(a) Curt Lemon
(b) Tim O'Brien
(c) Dave Jense
(d) Rat Kiley
10. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
(b) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
(c) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(d) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
11. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
12. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
(a) Lee Strunk stepped on a rigged mortar
(b) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(c) They made a death pact
(d) Dave Jensen stole Lee Strunk's jackknife back
13. Which men have a conversation when they see Lt. Cross crying after Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Rat Kiley and Kiowa
(b) Mitchell Sanders and Dave Jensen
(c) Norman Bowker and Henry Dobbins
(d) Kiowa and Norman Bowker
14. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
(a) Baby snake
(b) Baby water buffalo
(c) Baby goat
(d) Baby deer
15. "Hump it" means what?
(a) Shoot at the enemy
(b) To carry something
(c) Stay in formation
(d) Dig a foxhole
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
2. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
3. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
4. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
5. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)