|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he stop before crossing the border?
(a) Niagra Falls
(b) Tip Top Lodge
(c) At a campsite
(d) His Aunt's house
2. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
(a) Scavenging from fallen enemies
(b) Supply chopper
(c) Supply tent
3. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
(b) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
(c) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
(d) He attacked the dentist while he slept
4. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The deaths of men after they returned home
(b) The remorse of killing others
(c) The loss of Martha's love
(d) The death of Ted Lavender
5. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Jimmy Cross
(d) Mitchell Sanders
6. What did Lt. Cross keep under his tongue?
(a) A grain of rice
(b) A bullet
(c) A piece of candy
(d) A pebble
7. What makes the men begin to believe in the good luck of Henry Dobbins' object?
(a) He kills the most number of enemies
(b) He never is picked for tunnel duty
(c) He escapes certain death
(d) Women in the village blow him kisses
8. What is Dave Jensen worried about?
(a) Lee Strunk will retaliate
(b) He will step on a booby trap
(c) The rest of the platoon will kill him
(d) Lee Strunk will shoot him
9. Martha became a trained __________.
10. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) Rat Kiley give him bandages
(b) Village women help fix him
(c) He is choppered back
(d) He refuses medical treatment
11. How did the jackknife incident change the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) They trusted each other
(b) They hated each other
(c) They instantly became best friends
(d) The avoided each other
12. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
(a) He hurts himself
(b) He runs away
(c) He goes to war
(d) He joins the Peace Corps
13. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(a) Lee Strunk
(b) Curt Lemmon
(d) Ted Lavender
14. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
(a) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(b) Lee Strunk stepped on a rigged mortar
(c) They made a death pact
(d) Dave Jensen stole Lee Strunk's jackknife back
15. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
(a) His nose
(b) His leg
(c) His arm
(d) His ego
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
2. How old is Tim O'Brien when he wrote the book?
3. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
4. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
5. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)