|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Henry Dobbins and Norman Bowker play?
(b) 20 Questions
(c) Rock, Paper, Scissors
2. After the letter what does Henry Dobbins decide to do?
(a) Wear the pantyhose anyway; the magic is still there
(b) Sends his payment certificates to his girlfriend
(c) Sits down and cries over the loss of his mother
(d) Injure himself so he can get home to see his sister
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
4. How does Tim join the army?
(a) To get out of going to jail
(b) The draft
(c) Signing up with a recruiter
(d) Joining an officer's trainging program
5. If you follow the dink, you stay in the _____________.
6. Where is Tim's first job after college?
(a) At a pig slaughter factory
(b) At an office for McCarthy's campaign
(c) At a grocery store
(d) At a vacation resort
7. What does he call the object around his neck?
(a) His closeness to a woman
(b) His guardian angel
(c) His good luck charm
(d) His piece of home
8. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
(b) Rat Kiley
(c) Curt Lemon
9. Who does Azar give a chocolate bar to?
(a) A boy with one leg
(b) A man in the platoon who is about to die
(c) A pretty girl he sees
(d) A kid with a puppy
10. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Letters home
(b) Body lice
(d) A dead boy's thumb
11. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
(a) Garden of Eden
(d) Garden of Evil
12. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) White beaches
(b) Communications to call home
(c) Palm trees
(d) Friendly villages
13. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
(a) Dave Jensen
(b) Henry Dobbins
(d) Curt Lemon
14. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Slow Motion
(b) Bang Dead
(c) Boom Down
(d) Great Suffering
15. What kind of wound qualified for a mercy kill?
(a) Head wound
(b) Wheelchair wound
(d) Loss of an arm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave Jensen's decision with regard to the pact he made with Lee Strunk?
2. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
3. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
4. Who is the sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong?
5. What is the name of the area the men are in?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)