|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tim's first job after college?
(a) At a grocery store
(b) At a vacation resort
(c) At a pig slaughter factory
(d) At an office for McCarthy's campaign
2. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
(a) He goes to war
(b) He hurts himself
(c) He runs away
(d) He joins the Peace Corps
3. How many monks are there to help the men with camp?
4. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) A pagoda
(b) At a Christian mission
(c) In a village with refugee clerics
(d) Beneath a Hindu statue
5. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Body lice
(b) A dead boy's thumb
(c) Letters home
6. Who has a sister Rat Kiley writes a letter to?
(a) Ted Lavender
(c) Curt Lemmon
(d) Lee Strunk
7. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) Dave Jensen steps on a rigged mortar round
(b) Lee Strunk steps on a rigged mortar round
(c) Lee Strunk is hit by sniper fire
(d) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
8. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
(b) Henry Dobbins
(c) The narrator
(d) Lt. Cross
9. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Bang Dead
(b) Boom Down
(c) Great Suffering
(d) Slow Motion
10. Who are the men order to see?
(a) The doctor
(b) The dentist
(c) The psychologist
(d) The company commander
11. How long did Alpha Company camp at the pagoda?
(a) 1 night
(b) About a week
(c) About a month
(d) 3 days
12. Where is the platoon at?
(a) Home in the United States
(b) My Khe
(c) Landing Zone Gator
(d) Than Khe
13. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
(a) Rat Kiley asks Tim to write a book
(b) The narrator gives part of the royalties to Ted Lavender's family
(c) The narrator says he wants to write a story about all of this
(d) Jimmy Cross gives him money
14. Which item doubled as a body bag?
(a) Extra set of fatigues
(b) Flak jacket
15. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
(a) He stole Dave Jensen's jackknife
(b) He didn't steal Dave Jensen's jackknife, but he knows who did.
(c) He enjoyed the trip to the medical camp
(d) He always wanted a nose job
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the jackknife incident change the relationship between Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
2. How does the sister respond to Rat Kiley's letter?
3. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
4. Norman Bowker's father only cares about what?
5. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)