|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) A man Tim killed
(b) Tim running away
(c) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
(d) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
2. What was Norman Bowker's chief criticism of the first draft of "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) A lack of details
(b) It was a gross embellishment of the truth
(c) The piece is too long
(d) The piece is too short
3. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
4. Where is Martha a student?
(a) Madison State University
(b) Mount Sebastian College
(c) Princeton University
(d) New Jersey College
5. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
(a) Scavenging from fallen enemies
(b) Supply tent
(d) Supply chopper
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kiowa's father do?
2. What do the men call plane rides home to America?
3. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
4. What part of the story is Tim's own?
5. In what year was the college reunion where Jimmy Cross reunited with Martha?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)