|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Dobbins think the girl is dancing?
(a) Because she wants to
(b) Because she wants the soldiers to like her
(c) Because it is a ritual
(d) Because she is nervous
2. What is another name for a land mine?
(a) Sizzling Sally
(c) Last Step
(d) Toe Popper
3. What animal does the platoon run into after Curt Lemon's death?
(a) Baby goat
(b) Baby water buffalo
(c) Baby snake
(d) Baby deer
4. How does the narrator find relief from his feelings about the war?
(a) He writes stories
(b) He cries
(c) He visits VA hospitals
(d) He works out
5. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
(a) Gives him a cigarette and tells him not to worry
(b) A tourniquet and morphine
(c) Caterizes the wound
(d) Asks the men to donate blood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
2. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
3. What activity does Norman Bowker do to avoid his troubles?
4. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
5. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)