|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
(a) Tim forgot to warn the platoon about a land mine he saw
(b) Tim running away
(c) Tim's girlfriend wrote a letter to say she was seeing someone else
(d) A man Tim killed
2. What does Dave Jensen borrow?
(a) A cigarette
(b) A bar of chocolate
(c) A pistol
(d) A shovel
3. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
(a) A pagoda
(b) Beneath a Hindu statue
(c) At a Christian mission
(d) In a village with refugee clerics
4. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
(a) A food ration
(b) A girlfriend's photograph
(c) A personal letter
(d) A jackknife
5. What was Norman Bowker's chief criticism of the first draft of "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) The piece is too long
(b) A lack of details
(c) It was a gross embellishment of the truth
(d) The piece is too short
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
2. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
3. What animal does Tim notice as he tries to process the death of the man he killed?
4. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
5. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)