|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator find relief from his feelings about the war?
(a) He works out
(b) He writes stories
(c) He cries
(d) He visits VA hospitals
2. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
(a) The man would have just continued down the trail, unharmed
(b) Someone else in the platoon would have killed him
(c) The man would have planted land mines
(d) The man would have surrendered
3. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) Friendly villages
(b) Communications to call home
(c) White beaches
(d) Palm trees
4. Why was Curt Lemon "all smiles" the next morning?
(a) To make everyone know how great he was at killing Viet Cong
(b) To keep from laughing at the rest of the platoon
(c) To celebrate his attack on the dentist
(d) To show off the tooth he had pulled
5. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
(b) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
(c) He attacked the dentist while he slept
(d) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Henry Dobbins want to have in high school?
2. How did Tim protest the war?
3. What color are Martha's eyes?
4. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
5. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)