|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do we know the narrator is the author, Tim O'Brien?
(a) The narrator gives part of the royalties to Ted Lavender's family
(b) Rat Kiley asks Tim to write a book
(c) The narrator says he wants to write a story about all of this
(d) Jimmy Cross gives him money
2. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) Palm trees
(b) Friendly villages
(c) Communications to call home
(d) White beaches
3. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
(a) How to read
(b) A rain dance
(c) How to skin a man
(d) How to make moccasins
4. How does the narrator find relief from his feelings about the war?
(a) He visits VA hospitals
(b) He cries
(c) He writes stories
(d) He works out
5. Where does Tim consider running to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
2. What does Rat Kiley do to treat Lee Strunk's injury?
3. How did Jimmy Cross get another photograph of Martha?
4. Who kills Tim Lavender's stray puppy with a Claymore?
5. In Tim's imagination, what village is the man he killed from?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)