|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hump it" means what?
(a) To carry something
(b) Stay in formation
(c) Dig a foxhole
(d) Shoot at the enemy
2. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From his chat with Lt. Cross
(b) From a visit back to Vietnam
(c) From a newspaper article
(d) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
3. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) Rocket Pocket
(b) My Khe
(c) Than Khe
(d) Chu Lai
4. Which of the following is NOT a way the men resupplied the things they carried?
(a) Scavenging from fallen enemies
(b) Supply chopper
(c) Supply tent
5. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
(b) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(c) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
(d) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elroy do to tempt Tim to run away?
2. What medal did Norman Bowker almost win?
3. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
4. What was Curt Lemon's bad experience in high school?
5. Who did the monks take a special liking to and call "Soldier Jesus?"
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)