|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
(b) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(c) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
(d) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
2. How did Tim get the idea for the chapter titled "Speaking of Courage?"
(a) From a letter written by Norman Bowker
(b) From a newspaper article
(c) From his chat with Lt. Cross
(d) From a visit back to Vietnam
3. How old is Tim O'Brien when he wrote the book?
4. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
5. When was Ted Lavender killed outside of the village Than Khe?
(a) First week of April
(b) First week of August
(c) Middle of April
(d) Middle of August
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha became a trained __________.
2. What item owned by Dave Jensen is missing?
3. Where do the men camp in the chapter titled "Church?"
4. What did the man on trail wear on his feet?
5. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)