|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the listening patrol positioned?
(a) In the jungle
(b) In a village
(c) In a valley
(d) On a mountainside
2. Which limb does Lee Strunk lose?
(a) Right leg
(b) Left arm
(c) Left leg
(d) Right arm
3. What happens to Lee Strunk?
(a) He dies in a helicopter crash
(b) He lives with Dave Jensen after the war
(c) He dies on the operating table
(d) He lives and is reassigned to a supply command
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To not mention something in his book
(b) To help him find a job
(c) To take care of Martha for him
(d) To make sure he is buried at home
5. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Norman Bowker
(c) Rat Kiley
(d) Mitchell Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
2. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
3. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
4. What year does Tim graduate college?
5. Where is the first draft of the story inspired by Norman Bowker published?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)