|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
(a) The man was captured
(b) The man was promoted
(c) The man is coming home safely
(d) The man died
2. How did Tim protest the war?
(a) Ringing doorbells for McCarthy
(b) Organizing sit ins at his college
(c) Participating in a parade
(d) Setting the recruiting station on fire
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(d) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
4. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) He is choppered back
(b) He refuses medical treatment
(c) Village women help fix him
(d) Rat Kiley give him bandages
5. Where is Lee Strunk when Dave Jensen shows his broken nose?
(a) Around the fire
(b) Playing cards with other men
(c) In the hospital
(d) His foxhole
Short Answer Questions
1. What information is the letter Henry Dobbins receives in October?
2. How does Kiowa describe Ted Lavender's death?
3. Who tells the war story about the listening patrol?
4. "A true war story, if truly told, makes the ____________ believe."
5. How did Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk agree on the pact?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)