|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men have a conversation when they see Lt. Cross crying after Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Kiowa and Norman Bowker
(b) Norman Bowker and Henry Dobbins
(c) Mitchell Sanders and Dave Jensen
(d) Rat Kiley and Kiowa
2. What movie did Jimmy Cross and Martha see on their date before the war?
(a) Bonnie and Clyde
(c) Pillow Talk
(d) Roman Holiday
3. Which man cut off the thumb of a dead Viet-Cong boy?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Norman Bowker
4. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) There is a lesson at the end
(b) Someone dies in it
(c) There is no moral ending
(d) It takes place during a battle
5. Which item doubled as a body bag?
(c) Flak jacket
(d) Extra set of fatigues
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
2. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
3. What year does Tim graduate college?
4. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
5. Who tells the war story about the listening patrol?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)