|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rat Kiley do first to the baby water buffalo?
(a) Shoots it in the knee
(b) Takes it for a walk
(c) Shoots it in the head
(d) Offers it pork and beans
2. What happens to Lee Strunk?
(a) He dies on the operating table
(b) He lives and is reassigned to a supply command
(c) He lives with Dave Jensen after the war
(d) He dies in a helicopter crash
3. Where is Martha a student?
(a) Mount Sebastian College
(b) Madison State University
(c) New Jersey College
(d) Princeton University
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To make sure he is buried at home
(b) To help him find a job
(c) To not mention something in his book
(d) To take care of Martha for him
5. Who tells the war story about the listening patrol?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Dave Jensen
(c) Tim O'Brien
(d) Mitchell Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tim O'Brien when he wrote the book?
2. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
3. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
4. What object is Mitchell Sanders described with each time he is talking?
5. How does Tim join the army?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)