|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) Palm trees
(b) Friendly villages
(c) White beaches
(d) Communications to call home
2. What does Dave Jensen ask Lee Strunk?
(a) Does he have any morphine?
(b) Is everything square between them?
(c) Can he help him?
(d) Can he have a cigarette?
3. What did he do that night after he fainted in the dentist tent?
(a) He woke the dentist up and told him a tooth hurt
(b) He ran out into the jungle and never came back
(c) He attacked the dentist while he slept
(d) He went nuts and shot his gun in the air
4. Which men have a conversation when they see Lt. Cross crying after Ted Lavender's death?
(a) Mitchell Sanders and Dave Jensen
(b) Norman Bowker and Henry Dobbins
(c) Rat Kiley and Kiowa
(d) Kiowa and Norman Bowker
5. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To help him find a job
(b) To not mention something in his book
(c) To make sure he is buried at home
(d) To take care of Martha for him
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Martha's eyes?
2. What changed in late August between Lee Strunk and Dave Jensen?
3. What word does Ted Lavender use to describe the war?
4. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
5. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)