|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in October to change things for Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk?
(a) Lee Strunk steps on a rigged mortar round
(b) Dave Jensen is hit by sniper fire
(c) Lee Strunk is hit by sniper fire
(d) Dave Jensen steps on a rigged mortar round
2. How does Lee Strunk first react after his injury?
(a) He screams the pain is terrible
(b) Like he stubbed a toe
(c) He passes out at the sight of blood
(d) Like he is dying
3. What is Dave Jensen worried about?
(a) Lee Strunk will shoot him
(b) He will step on a booby trap
(c) The rest of the platoon will kill him
(d) Lee Strunk will retaliate
4. What is Jimmy Cross's last request to Tim at the end chapter 2?
(a) To not mention something in his book
(b) To take care of Martha for him
(c) To help him find a job
(d) To make sure he is buried at home
5. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(b) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee Strunk confess to Tim O'Brien in the morning?
2. What is another name for a land mine?
3. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
4. What is one thing Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk are NOT described as doing together?
5. What part of Lee Strunk's body is broken?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)