|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday did Curt Lemon celebrate with the villagers?
(b) New Year's
(d) Fourth of July
2. Mitchell Sanders sent what in his letter to the Ohio Draft Board?
(a) Body lice
(c) Letters home
(d) A dead boy's thumb
3. Which is NOT a way Norman Bowker attempts to return to normal life?
(a) Working at various jobs
(b) Dating a number of women
(c) Basketball at the YMCA
(d) Classes at a community college
4. What is the name of the area the men are in?
(a) Than Khe
(b) My Khe
(c) Rocket Pocket
(d) Chu Lai
5. What is the name of Tim's daughter?
(b) Mary Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitchell Sanders call 'Nam'?
2. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
3. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
4. What personal item did Tim "bury" in the river?
5. What color are Martha's eyes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)