|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person they meet doing in the middle of a burned house?
(c) Talking to the dead
2. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
(a) He shoots down a bird
(b) He captures a Viet Cong
(c) He breaks his own nose
(d) He gives it to Less Strunk as a peace offering
3. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) Someone dies in it
(b) There is no moral ending
(c) It takes place during a battle
(d) There is a lesson at the end
4. What memory forced the men to switch from coffee to gin?
(a) The death of Ted Lavender
(b) The remorse of killing others
(c) The loss of Martha's love
(d) The deaths of men after they returned home
5. How much money is the "Emergency Fund" envelope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave Jensen ask Lee Strunk?
2. What was Norman Bowker's chief criticism of the first draft of "Speaking of Courage?"
3. Who is the boyfriend of Mary Anne Bell?
4. Before going out on ambush patrol, what does Henry Dobbins wrap around his neck?
5. Who shares the story of the girlfriend in Vietnam?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)