|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mary Anne Bell in the end, according to Rat Kiley?
(a) She and Mark Fossie get married on the beach
(b) She takes a helicopter back home
(c) She goes out and never returns, becoming a part of Vietnam
(d) She was killed by a land mine
2. What personality does Curt Lemon put out for others to see according to the narrator?
(a) A de facto leader, always reminding the guys of SOP
(b) A tough soldier, always puffing himself up
(c) A big prankster, always pulling tricks on members of the platoon
(d) A scared young man, always taking drugs to stay relaxed
3. Which soldier is killed in the swampy field, and subsequently stuck in the muck?
(a) Ted Lavender
(b) Rat Kiley
(d) Henry Dobbins
4. What personal item did Tim "bury" in the river?
(a) Henry Dobbins' panty hose
(b) Kiowa's moccasins
(c) A picture of his old girlfriend
(d) Lt. Cross's pebble
5. Who do the platoon meet in the village?
(a) A young boy
(b) A young girl
(c) An old woman
(d) An old man
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Dobbins think the girl is dancing?
2. What activity does Norman Bowker do to avoid his troubles?
3. Where is the platoon at?
4. Where does Tim consider running to?
5. What question does Tim's daughter ask him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)