|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
(b) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
(c) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(d) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
2. What purpose does the chapter 'Love' fill for the novel?
(a) It serves as an insight to how Lavender's family handled his death.
(b) It explains the historical context of the Vietnam War.
(c) It explains why the author decided to write the novel.
(d) It offers a prologue for all of the men in the company.
3. How is Lee Strunk medically treated?
(a) Rat Kiley give him bandages
(b) He refuses medical treatment
(c) He is choppered back
(d) Village women help fix him
4. What happened when Curt Lemon walked into the tent?
(a) He tripped over the drill cord, and tore the tent down
(b) The dentist said his teeth were perfect
(c) The dentist pulled a tooth
(d) He fainted
5. What does the author say about truth?
(a) Everyone has their own truth
(b) Story-truth is more real than happening-truth
(c) Truth is absolute
(d) Truth is unattainable
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mary Anne Bell in the end, according to Rat Kiley?
2. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
3. When Kiowa says "No choice, Tim. What else could you do?" what can we assume he is talking about?
4. After his first episode with the dentist, what did Curt Lemon do?
5. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)