|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy Cross stay while he visits Tim?
(a) Tim's guest room
(b) He lives next door
(c) The nearby army base
(d) A hotel
2. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
(a) Because it isn't strategic
(b) Because the enemy took all the valuable supplies
(c) Because it is disrespectful to religion
(d) Because the monks won't let an Indian sleep inside their walls
3. What is wrong with the field that Lt. Cross selects as the campsite that night?
(a) It's a graveyard
(b) It's where the village keeps their sewage
(c) It's crawling with venomous snakes
(d) It's infested with large bugs
4. What Army position did the narrator hold?
(b) Foot soldier
(d) Radio man
5. Because he is a coward, what does Tim do?
(a) He runs away
(b) He hurts himself
(c) He goes to war
(d) He joins the Peace Corps
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave Jensen do with the pistol?
2. What event causes Tim to revise "Speaking of Courage," following Norman Bowker's advice?
3. What was Curt Lemon's bad experience in high school?
4. What did Kiowa teach to Rat Kiley?
5. How did Tim protest the war?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)