|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited the author, Tim O'Brien, to talk?
(a) Rat Kiley
(b) Mitchell Sanders
(c) Jimmy Cross
2. How does the narrator find relief from his feelings about the war?
(a) He writes stories
(b) He works out
(c) He cries
(d) He visits VA hospitals
3. Which is not a benefit of being stationed in the area?
(a) Communications to call home
(b) Friendly villages
(c) Palm trees
(d) White beaches
4. What is another name for a land mine?
(a) Toe Popper
(c) Sizzling Sally
(d) Last Step
5. What does he call the object around his neck?
(a) His guardian angel
(b) His closeness to a woman
(c) His piece of home
(d) His good luck charm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
2. What is the name of the area the men are in?
3. What are Tim's duties at the pig factory?
4. What is the person they meet doing in the middle of a burned house?
5. Where is the first draft of the story inspired by Norman Bowker published?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)