|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Rat Kiley and Mitchell Sanders
(b) Lee Strunk and Mitchell Sanders
(c) Dave Jensen and Henry Dobbins
(d) Dave Jensen and Lee Strunk
2. According to the narrator, what is a characteristic of a "true war story?"
(a) There is a lesson at the end
(b) It takes place during a battle
(c) There is no moral ending
(d) Someone dies in it
3. Why is Kiowa against camping at the pagoda?
(a) Because the monks won't let an Indian sleep inside their walls
(b) Because it isn't strategic
(c) Because it is disrespectful to religion
(d) Because the enemy took all the valuable supplies
4. What activity does Norman Bowker do to avoid his troubles?
(a) He gets drunk
(b) He works a double shift
(c) He relaxes with his Dad and watches baseball
(d) He drives around the lake
5. What does Tim think would have happened if he ignored the man on the trail?
(a) The man would have planted land mines
(b) The man would have just continued down the trail, unharmed
(c) Someone else in the platoon would have killed him
(d) The man would have surrendered
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator talking about in Chapter 8, The Dentist?
2. What part of the story is Tim's own?
3. Where does Tim consider running to?
4. On what occasion does Rat Kiley write a letter to a man's sister?
5. What question of Kathleen's does Tim have a hard time finding an answer to?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)