Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Men are defined by the things they carry.
* Lieutenant Jimmy Cross carries letters from a woman named Martha.
* Ted Lavender carries tranquilizers and dope.
* Henry Dobbins carries extra rations.
* Kiowa, a Native American soldier, carries a copy of the New...
This section contains 4,011 words|
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)