|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Esther to help her feel more relaxed during her first shock treatment?
(a) Few patients have negative side effects.
(b) All patients are scared to death the first time.
(c) She will feel like she has gone to sleep.
(d) It will hardly hurt.
2. Who is Joan having an affair with at the asylum?
(c) Dee Dee
3. Where does Esther have Irwin drive her to?
(a) Joan's apartment
(b) The hospital
(c) Dr. Nolan's apartment
(d) The asylum
4. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
(a) She has had a lobotomy.
(b) She was in an accident and had a head injury.
(c) She tried to kill herself.
(d) She had many shock treatments.
5. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
(a) They all look sick.
(b) They look like they do not belong at the hospital.
(c) They are hardly moving.
(d) They have blank looks on their faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Esther from committing suicide with the cord from her mother's robe?
2. What led Joan to run away from home?
3. Why does Dr. Nolan restrict Esther's visitors?
4. What course of treatment does Joan's first psychiatrist recommend for her?
5. What field does Joan tell Esther she plans on studying when she returns to college?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)