|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esther ultimately decide she will do to commit suicide?
(a) Cut her wrists
(b) Hang herself
(c) Drown herself
(d) Take all of her sleeping pills
2. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
(a) She tried to kill herself.
(b) She had many shock treatments.
(c) She has had a lobotomy.
(d) She was in an accident and had a head injury.
3. What trait does Dr. Nolan say women find attractive in each other?
4. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She does not speak.
(b) She is not friendly to Esther.
(c) She will not leave her room.
(d) She wears a cameo brooch.
5. Whose visit to her hospital room angers Esther?
(a) George Bakewell's
(b) Buddy Willard's
(c) Her uncle's
(d) Her mother's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joan say she dated Buddy?
2. What sort of doctor does Dr. Nolan refer Esther to?
3. Why does Dr. Nolan restrict Esther's visitors?
4. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
5. According to Dr. Nolan, how often will Esther need to have shock treatments?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)