|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the shock treatment make Esther feel?
2. Why does Esther compare her photo with that of a dead girl published in the paper?
(a) To see if they might be long lost sisters.
(b) To see if they wore their hair the same way.
(c) To see if they look enough alike for Esther to fake her death.
(d) To see if they looked enough alike to kill herself.
3. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
(c) Dr. Nolan
(d) Miss Norris
4. What treasure does Esther take with her to solitary confinement?
(a) A mirror
(b) A book of poetry
(c) A ball of mercury
(d) A letter from Buddy
5. Why does Dr. Nolan arrive early at Esther's room one day?
(a) To tell her her mother will be visiting later in the day
(b) To have a private therapy session
(c) To tell her she is improving
(d) To tell her she will be having a shock treatment
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
2. Where does Esther have Irwin drive her to?
3. What does Esther do to pay tribute to Joan?
4. What sort of doctor does Dr. Nolan refer Esther to?
5. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Esther's shock treatment experience at the private hospital different than the one she had with Dr. Gordon?
2. How does Esther feel as she is waiting to enter her exit hearing?
3. Describe Esther's feelings as she visits the gynecologist.
4. What does Esther do at Deer Island?
5. What does Dr. Nolan tell Esther about shock treatments in this chapter?
6. What does Dr. Nolan tell Esther to help her feel better about Joan's death?
7. What keeps Esther from drowning herself at the beach?
8. Describe the scene at the cemetery.
9. Describe the circumstances that led to Esther's hospitalization.
10. Describe Esther's feelings about the women living in Belsize
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)