|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Esther has slept when she first visits Dr. Gordon?
(a) 30 nights
(b) 7 nights
(c) 3 nights
(d) 14 nights
2. Why does Esther compare her photo with that of a dead girl published in the paper?
(a) To see if they looked enough alike to kill herself.
(b) To see if they look enough alike for Esther to fake her death.
(c) To see if they might be long lost sisters.
(d) To see if they wore their hair the same way.
3. Who is Joan having an affair with at the asylum?
(d) Dee Dee
4. Why does Dr. Quinn visit Esther late one night?
(a) To ask for help finding Joan
(b) To have a private therapy session
(c) To reprimand her for going to Irwin's apartment
(d) To check on her after she hemorrhaged
5. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
(c) Miss Norris
(d) Dr. Nolan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tomollilo do that gets her placed in the psychiatric ward?
2. What concern about her future does Buddy express to Esther?
3. What does Mrs. Bannister discover about Esther one evening?
4. What sort of doctor does Dr. Nolan refer Esther to?
5. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esther do at Deer Island?
2. What news does Esther expect Dr. Nolan to give her after her insulin reaction? What news does she actually give her?
3. Describe Esther's feelings as she visits the gynecologist.
4. What keeps Esther from drowning herself at the beach?
5. What thoughts consume Esther after finding out she must have shock treatments?
6. Describe Irwin
7. Describe the circumstances that led to Esther's hospitalization.
8. How is Esther's shock treatment experience at the private hospital different than the one she had with Dr. Gordon?
9. What does Dr. Nolan tell Esther about shock treatments in this chapter?
10. What does Dr. Nolan tell Esther to help her feel better about Joan's death?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)