|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to pay tribute to Joan?
(a) She writes a poem memorializing her.
(b) She gives the eulogy at her funeral.
(c) She attends her funeral.
(d) She visits her grave site.
2. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
(b) Dr. Nolan
(d) Miss Norris
3. What does Joan find in a magazine that shocks Esther?
(a) An article that Esther wrote
(b) An article about her disappearance
(c) A photo of Buddy and his new girlfriend
(d) A photo of her time in NYC
4. What does Mrs. Tomollilo do that gets her placed in the psychiatric ward?
(a) She tries to kill her mother in law.
(b) She tries to kill herself.
(c) She sticks her tongue out at her mother-in-law.
(d) She giggles uncontrollably all of the time.
5. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) In her basement
(c) In her college dorm room
(d) In the psychiatric ward
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do that gets her transferred to another hospital?
2. What led Joan to run away from home?
3. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
4. Where does Esther tell the sailor she is is from?
5. What treasure does Esther take with her to solitary confinement?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)