|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(c) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
(d) Lenny drives her home.
2. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
(a) Buddy is talking to her as she is skiing.
(b) A man crosses her path.
(c) She does not know how to ski.
(d) She loses one of her skis.
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
(b) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(c) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(d) She insults his uniform.
4. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
(a) Back to Esther's college
(b) To Buddy's fraternity house
(c) To a bar
(d) To a hill behind the chemistry lab
5. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His compromised immune system
(b) His insensitivity to her feelings
(c) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(d) His dishonesty
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther like Doreen?
2. Why does Esther feel depressed when she returns to the Amazon?
3. Why doesn't Esther want her picture taken for the magazine?
4. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
5. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marco give Esther his diamond stick pin?
2. Describe the Amazon.
3. Describe Buddy's letter to Esther (that is waiting for her when she gets home).
4. How does Esther change from the beginning to the end of this chapter?
5. Why does Marco attack Esther?
6. Describe Irwin
7. Why does Esther decide to take a bath when she returns to her hotel?
8. What is Esther's standing joke with her grandfather about caviar?
9. Describe the scene at the cemetery.
10. Who are Frankie and Lenny?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)