|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She has food poisoning.
(d) She has the flu.
2. What keeps Esther from losing her virginity to Constantin?
(a) She decides that she would rather wait until she is married.
(b) She receives a phone call and must leave his apartment.
(c) They fall asleep.
(d) Constantin refuses to have sex with her.
3. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
(a) She punches him in the nose.
(b) She calls for Doreen.
(c) She stabs him with his diamond pin.
(d) She punches him in the stomach.
4. Why is Esther shocked when Buddy tells her he is not a virgin?
(a) She plans to marry him and wanted him to be a virgin.
(b) She believed she was more sexually experienced than he was.
(c) She wanted for them both to lose their virginity together.
(d) She believed that he was opposed to pre-marital sex.
5. Where is Marco from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
2. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
3. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
4. What does Mrs. Greenwood convince Esther she should do since she will not be taking the writing course?
5. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esther feel as she is waiting to enter her exit hearing?
2. Who are Frankie and Lenny?
3. What keeps Esther from drowning herself at the beach?
4. Characterize Esther's behavior in the psychiatric wards of the hospitals
5. Compare Constantin and Buddy.
6. Why does Jay Cee want Esther to come into the office instead of attending the fur show?
7. What is Esther's standing joke with her grandfather about caviar?
8. Describe what runs through Esther's head when she and Constantin are visiting the UN.
9. What does Dr. Nolan tell Esther about shock treatments in this chapter?
10. Why does Mr. Willard leave Esther alone with Buddy at the sanatorium?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)