|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Esther ride back to the Amazon after leaving the movie premiere?
(b) Emily Ann
(d) Jay Cee
2. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(b) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
3. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) It is her favorite drink.
(b) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
(c) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
(d) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
4. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
(a) They test the leftover food from the luncheon.
(b) They test the ingredients used to make the lunch.
(c) They test the contents of one of the girl's stomachs after it is pumped.
(d) They test vomit collected by the Amazon staff.
5. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
(b) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(c) She has no interest in furs.
(d) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Esther notices about Marco?
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
4. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
5. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Frankie and Lenny?
2. Describe what runs through Esther's head when she and Constantin are visiting the UN.
3. What activities does Esther consider taking up after finding out she was not accepted into the writing course?
4. What is Esther's standing joke with her grandfather about caviar?
5. Describe the birth scene that Esther and Buddy witness from Esther's point of view
6. Describe the sanatorium where Buddy is receiving treatment for TB.
7. How does Jay Cee attempt to cheer Esther up the day of the photo shoot?
8. What is Esther's opinion of Betsy?
9. What leads Esther to be invited for lunch by Philomena Guinea?
10. Describe the events that lead to Esther's food poisoning
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)