|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Esther's skiing accident?
(a) She loses one of her skis.
(b) A man crosses her path.
(c) She does not know how to ski.
(d) Buddy is talking to her as she is skiing.
2. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Break up with Buddy
(b) Take a summer course
(c) Gain life experience
(d) Write a novel
3. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They met at a party.
(b) They attended the same boarding school.
(c) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
(d) They attend the same college.
4. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(a) The hotel maid
(b) The hotel nurse
5. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(b) She insults his uniform.
(c) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
2. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
3. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
4. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
5. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Amazon.
2. Describe the situation that leads Esther to leave Lenny's apartment
3. How does Buddy tell Esther about losing his virginity?
4. According to Esther, what is her mother's opinion of her interest in becoming a writer or editor?
5. Why is Esther upset when Buddy tells her he is no longer a virgin?
6. Describe Buddy's letter to Esther (that is waiting for her when she gets home).
7. Why does Esther decide to take a bath when she returns to her hotel?
8. How does Jay Cee attempt to cheer Esther up the day of the photo shoot?
9. Why is Esther so enamored with the rich foods she is served at the Ladies' Day luncheon?
10. What activities does Esther consider taking up after finding out she was not accepted into the writing course?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)