|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan find in a magazine that shocks Esther?
(a) A photo of Buddy and his new girlfriend
(b) An article that Esther wrote
(c) An article about her disappearance
(d) A photo of her time in NYC
2. What does Esther do to let Constantin know she is interested in having sex with him?
(a) She tells him she would like to have sex with him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She lays down on his bed.
(d) She undresses.
3. How does Esther ultimately decide she will do to commit suicide?
(a) Take all of her sleeping pills
(b) Drown herself
(c) Cut her wrists
(d) Hang herself
4. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 9 years old
(b) 18 years old
(c) 5 years old
(d) 11 years old
5. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) She has already met all of the requirements.
(b) It is surprisingly difficult.
(c) There are more requirements than her own college.
(d) There is no honors program in the English department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buddy ask Esther whether she'd like to live in the city or the country?
2. Why is Esther shocked when Buddy tells her he is not a virgin?
3. Why does Esther like Doreen?
4. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
5. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)