|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marco give Esther?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) A stylish fan.
(d) A diamond pin
2. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
(d) political beliefs
3. At what age does Esther say she stopped being "purely happy"?
(a) 18 years old
(b) 9 years old
(c) 11 years old
(d) 5 years old
4. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She takes a hot bath.
(b) She smokes a cigarette.
(c) She has a drink.
(d) She calls her mother for moral support.
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(d) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
2. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
3. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
4. Why does Esther dislike Dr. Gordon?
5. Why does Jody call Esther?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)