|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan find in a magazine that shocks Esther?
(a) A photo of Buddy and his new girlfriend
(b) A photo of her time in NYC
(c) An article about her disappearance
(d) An article that Esther wrote
2. Why had Esther visited her family doctor?
(a) She is plagued by anxiety.
(b) She cannot read or sleep.
(c) She needs a referral for a psychiatrist.
(d) She has developed laryngitis.
3. Who does Jody set Esther up on a blind date with?
(a) Dr. Gordon
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She is a literature major and a writer.
(b) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(c) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(d) It demonstrates his ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of doctor does Dr. Nolan refer Esther to?
2. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
3. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
4. What does Esther always have with her as she walks around Belsize?
5. How does Esther ultimately decide she will do to commit suicide?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)