|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(b) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She is a literature major and a writer.
3. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(b) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(c) She criticizes his erratic driving.
(d) She vomits in his cab.
4. Whose visit to her hospital room angers Esther?
(a) Buddy Willard's
(b) George Bakewell's
(c) Her uncle's
(d) Her mother's
5. What does Buddy take Esther to do while she is visiting him at the sanatorium?
(a) Go for a drive through the mountains
(c) Buy an engagement ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What course of treatment does Joan's first psychiatrist recommend for her?
2. Other than tabloid magazines, what type of books is Esther able to read?
3. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
4. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
5. Who does Esther meet at the Widener Library?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)