|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esther meet at the Widener Library?
2. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
(a) The idioms
(b) The verb conjugations
(c) Understanding the ambassadors' accents
(d) The speed at which the ambassadors speak
3. What does Esther do that gets her transferred to another hospital?
(a) She yells at George Bakewell.
(b) She attacks her mother.
(c) She refuses shock treatment.
(d) She breaks a mirror.
4. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
(b) The hotel maid
(d) The hotel nurse
5. What treasure does Esther take with her to solitary confinement?
(a) A letter from Buddy
(b) A book of poetry
(c) A ball of mercury
(d) A mirror
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
2. Who is Joan having an affair with at the asylum?
3. Why did Joan say she dated Buddy?
4. Where does Esther have Irwin drive her to?
5. What does Esther hear as she lays in bed on the first morning she is home?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)