|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
(a) Listen to records
(b) Have sex with him
(c) Begin dating
(d) Have a drink with him
2. What sort of doctor does Dr. Nolan refer Esther to?
(a) A psychiatrist
(b) A gynecologist
(c) An obstetrician
(d) A orthopedist
3. How does the shock treatment make Esther feel?
4. What happens to Esther after having sex with Irwin?
(a) She begins hemorrhaging.
(b) He treats her poorly and she leaves his apartment angry.
(c) She begins feeling like a grown woman.
(d) She regrets having lost her virginity to him.
5. What treatment does Dr. Gordon suggest for Esther?
(a) Shock treatment
(c) Admittance to an asylum
(d) Continued weekly appointments with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
2. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
3. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. What surprises Esther the most about Marco?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)