|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) Her commitment to the magazine
(b) His illness
(c) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(d) Fear of his mother's response
2. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(b) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(c) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(d) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
3. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(b) She insults his uniform.
(c) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
4. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(b) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(c) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(d) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
5. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
(a) She throws all of her clothes off of the roof.
(b) She takes a hot bath to wash away the memory.
(c) She cries hysterically.
(d) She returns home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joan planning on living with when she leaves the asylum?
2. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
3. What does Esther decide about her relationship with Constantin during their dinner date?
4. What does Esther do to prevent Marco from raping her?
5. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)