|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
(a) She vomits in his cab.
(b) She fails to tip him because she does not understand she needs to tip service people.
(c) She tips him well below the standard rate.
(d) She criticizes his erratic driving.
2. What did Esther's doctor prescribe to help her symptoms?
(a) Sleeping pills
(b) Psychiatric care
3. What does Esther do that gets her transferred to another hospital?
(a) She refuses shock treatment.
(b) She breaks a mirror.
(c) She attacks her mother.
(d) She yells at George Bakewell.
4. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Double major in French and English in college
(b) Learn several languages
(c) Create a compelling resume
(d) Write non-traditional articles
5. Who is Joan having an affair with at the asylum?
(b) Dee Dee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joan planning on living with when she leaves the asylum?
2. Why does Valerie have scars on her head?
3. What does Esther notice about the people outside of the hospital?
4. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
5. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)