|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
(a) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at the office working with Jay Cee.
(b) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at Coney Island with Lenny.
(c) She doesn't eat the food because she is trying to stay thin for Lenny.
(d) She only eats dessert.
2. Where does Esther wake up at the start of this chapter?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) In the psychiatric ward
(c) In her college dorm room
(d) In her basement
3. Why is Buddy eager for Esther to read the poem "Florida Dawn"?
(a) He thinks she will enjoy it.
(b) His father wrote it.
(c) He believes it is the next great masterpiece of American poetry.
(d) He wrote it.
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They met at a party.
(b) They attend the same college.
(c) They attended the same boarding school.
(d) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
5. What does Esther tell Frankie her name is?
(a) Esther Greenwood
(b) Elly Higginbottom
(d) Elly Greenwood
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
2. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
3. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
4. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
5. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)