|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint do all of the patients at the hospital have of Esther's volunteer work?
(a) They do not like her rearranging their flowers.
(b) She drops the flower vases and spills the water.
(c) They do not like her stand offish attitude.
(d) She does not deliver the correct bouquets.
2. For Esther the world is divided along the lines of---
(a) political beliefs
3. Why does Esther order vodka at the bar?
(a) She thinks it will convince Lenny and Frankie that she is older than she is.
(b) She saw it in an ad and was attracted to its purity.
(c) It is her favorite drink.
(d) She wants to get drunk as quickly as possible.
4. Who "rescues" Esther from the public hospital?
(a) Her mother
(b) Philomena Guinea
(c) Buddy Willard
(d) Jay Cee
5. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) She rarely receives phone calls.
(b) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
(c) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(d) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
2. What does Esther liken the potential choices she has in life to?
3. What does Esther do when she returns to the Amazon the night that Marco attacks her?
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. With whom does Esther ride back to the Amazon after leaving the movie premiere?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)