|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Esther wash her clothes or bathe?
(a) She is too tired because she has not slept in days.
(b) It seems silly to her.
(c) She wants to preserve the memory of her time in NYC.
(d) It irritates her mother.
2. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(b) His compromised immune system
(c) His dishonesty
(d) His insensitivity to her feelings
3. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
(a) Like Esther, Lenny is tall while Frankie is short.
(b) Like Esther, Lenny is short while Frankie is tall.
(c) Lenny is much more attractive than Frankie.
(d) Lenny is more charismatic than Frankie.
4. How does the shock treatment make Esther feel?
5. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
(b) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(c) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(d) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
2. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
3. Why won't Buddy allow Esther to ski down the hill again?
4. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
5. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)