Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
(a) Write a novel
(b) Take a summer course
(c) Gain life experience
(d) Break up with Buddy
2. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
(a) One time
(c) 30 times
3. What keeps Esther and Doreen from attending the magazine party?
(a) They do not want to spend time with the magazine staff.
(b) They do not want to spend time with Betsy and the other girls from the Amazon.
(c) They decide to go to a bar for drinks with Lenny and Frankie.
(d) Their cab is stuck in traffic and they do not arrive until the party is over.
4. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
(a) To fill in a gap in her coursework
(b) To get ahead the following semester
(c) To begin writing her thesis
(d) To help her sleep
5. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(b) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
(c) The day she found out he had TB.
(d) The day they saw a baby born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
2. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
3. What surprises Esther about Buddy's appearance when she first sees him at the sanatorium?
4. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
5. What does Jay Cee give Esther as she leaves for her lunch date with the two authors?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)