|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(b) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(c) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(d) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
2. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(c) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
(d) Lenny drives her home.
3. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(b) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
(c) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
(d) She is attending New York University.
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. Doreen tells Lenny she will go to his apartment only if---
(a) Frankie will not be there.
(b) Esther/Elly will accompany her.
(c) Lenny will pay for the girls' drinks.
(d) Lenny will order her another old fashioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
4. What disheartens Esther the most about Jay Cee's suggestions for bolstering her career?
5. Why does Esther hope she will be paired up with Lenny instead of Frankie?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)