|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(b) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
2. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
(a) He is concerned that he has given her TB.
(b) He has received a scholarship and is excited.
(c) He wants to ask for her hand in marriage.
(d) He has contracted TB and must immediately leave for treatment.
3. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
(a) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at the office working with Jay Cee.
(b) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at Coney Island with Lenny.
(c) She doesn't eat the food because she is trying to stay thin for Lenny.
(d) She only eats dessert.
4. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(b) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
(c) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(d) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
5. Why is Esther shocked when Buddy tells her he is not a virgin?
(a) She wanted for them both to lose their virginity together.
(b) She plans to marry him and wanted him to be a virgin.
(c) She believed that he was opposed to pre-marital sex.
(d) She believed she was more sexually experienced than he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
2. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
3. How does Esther feel when she hangs up the phone after talking with Buddy?
4. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
5. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)