|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
(a) She insults his uniform.
(b) She fails to thank him for carrying her bag to her room.
(c) She ignores him because she is too busy looking out the window.
(d) She does not not tip him because she doesn't know she is supposed to.
2. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She daydreams.
(c) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(d) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
3. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Learn several languages
(b) Double major in French and English in college
(c) Create a compelling resume
(d) Write non-traditional articles
4. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
(b) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(c) A phone call from Doreen.
(d) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
5. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
(b) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(c) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(d) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
2. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
3. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
4. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
5. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)