|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(b) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
(c) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
(d) A phone call from Doreen.
2. How often does Buddy commit to seeing Esther once they begin dating?
(a) Every third weekend
(b) Every other weekend
(c) Once a month
(d) Every weekend
3. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
(a) He calls poems pieces of dust.
(b) He likens them to the cadavers he dissects in medical school.
(c) He calls them worthless pieces of junk.
(d) He sees them as capturing all the beauty there is in the world.
4. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His compromised immune system
(d) His insensitivity to her feelings
5. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(c) Lenny drives her home.
(d) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
2. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
3. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
4. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
5. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)