|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) The editor of a major literary magazine
(b) Her son, Buddy
(c) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
(d) An ambassador at the UN
2. How does Doreen avoid getting food poisoning?
(a) She doesn't eat the food because she is trying to stay thin for Lenny.
(b) She only eats dessert.
(c) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at the office working with Jay Cee.
(d) She does not attend the luncheon because she is at Coney Island with Lenny.
3. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
(a) Books of short stories
(c) Copies of the magazine
4. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She is annoyed by the costumes.
(b) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(c) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(d) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
5. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
(a) She is tired and wants to go to sleep.
(b) She feels nauseous.
(c) She wants to see Doreen as soon as she comes back from Coney Island.
(d) She does not like the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
2. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
3. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
4. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
5. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)