|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She is annoyed by the costumes.
(b) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(c) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(d) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
(a) His father was a teacher.
(b) He is always trying to explain things to Esther.
(c) He is very knowledgeable about biology.
(d) He has a keen interest in learning.
4. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
(a) She is angry at Doreen for not accompanying her on the long walk back to the hotel.
(b) She is angry at Doreen for waking her up.
(c) She fears she will vomit on her bed.
(d) She fears she will never get rid of her again.
5. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(b) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(c) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(d) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
3. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
4. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
5. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)