|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(b) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(c) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
(d) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
2. How does Esther feel about the cadavers that Buddy shows her?
(a) She is intrigued.
(b) She is ambivalent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is horrified.
3. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
(a) It was created by a man.
(b) The woman is given the drug against her will.
(c) It claims to alleviate pain, but actually only makes the woman forget her birth experience.
(d) t claims to make the woman forget the experience, but actually only alleviates pain.
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) Fear of his mother's response
(b) His illness
(c) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(d) Her commitment to the magazine
5. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(b) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(c) She is in love with Constantin.
(d) She has no desire to marry anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Esther go after the Yale Junior Prom?
2. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
3. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
4. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
5. Why is Esther's room full of smoke when she returns home from Lenny's apartment?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)