|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
(a) She takes a hot bath.
(b) She calls her mother for moral support.
(c) She has a drink.
(d) She smokes a cigarette.
2. What sorts of foods does Esther say she likes the best?
(a) Any dish that has caviar in it.
(b) Rich creamy foods that feature butter and cheese.
(c) Any dish with avocado in it.
(d) French fries, cheeseburgers and frappes from Howard Johnson's.
3. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
(a) She asked her hostess what it was for.
(b) She dipped her fingers in it to clean them.
(c) She panicked not knowing what to do with it.
(d) She ate the contents, thinking it was an exotic soup.
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(b) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(c) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
(d) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
5. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her grandfather
(d) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
2. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
3. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
4. Who comes to rescue Esther when she passes out in the bathroom of the Amazon?
5. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)