|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buddy call Esther at college?
(a) He wants to ask for her hand in marriage.
(b) He has received a scholarship and is excited.
(c) He is concerned that he has given her TB.
(d) He has contracted TB and must immediately leave for treatment.
2. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) She is a literature major and a writer.
(b) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
3. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
(a) She does not like Mr. Manzi's teaching style.
(b) She does not want to take the lab requirement.
(c) She does not think her brain can handle learning the periodic table.
(d) She cannot stand reducing life to numbers and formulas.
4. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
(a) His compromised immune system
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His insensitivity to her feelings
(d) His unwillingness to wear gloves when examining patients
5. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
(a) He believes she has the skills and talent to be a successful science major.
(b) He believes she has a purely intellectual interest in science.
(c) She always earns A's in his courses.
(d) She asks interesting questions during his lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Esther earn in her physics class?
2. Who is Philomena Guinea?
3. What disturbs Esther about the drug that the birthing mother is given?
4. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
5. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)