|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esther think caused her sickness?
2. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her mother
(d) Her grandfather
3. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
(b) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(c) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(d) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
4. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
(b) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(c) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(d) She rarely receives phone calls.
5. What "trick" do Betsy, Hilda and the other girls learn at the fur show?
(a) How to purchase high quality furs for a low price
(b) How to repair a mink neckerchief using a gold chain
(c) How to make an inexpensive fur coat look more expensive
(d) How to make a neckerchief out of mink tails
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
2. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
3. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
4. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
5. How does Esther know Buddy?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)