|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her grandfather
(d) Her mother
2. Why doesn't Esther attend the fur show?
(a) She has no interest in furs.
(b) Esther and Doreen go to Coney Island with Lenny.
(c) Jay Cee asks her to come into the office.
(d) She is attending the Ladies' Day luncheon when the fur show is going on.
3. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
(a) A phone call from Doreen.
(b) Doreen knocking on her door calling her.
(c) Betsy knocking on her door asking for her to come help Doreen.
(d) A nightmare about Doreen being hurt by Lenny.
4. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
(b) She joins them and dances.
(c) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
(d) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
5. How many times did Buddy have sex with the waitress from Cape Cod?
(a) One time
(b) 30 times
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy characterize poetry?
2. Who is the only girl working at the magazine who does not get sick?
3. Who is Philomena Guinea?
4. What does the Ladies' Day magazine staff send to the girls as gifts?
5. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)