|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buddy tell Esther she should get used to seeing?
(a) His dorm room
(b) Him naked
(c) Women giving birth
2. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(b) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(c) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(d) She is annoyed by the costumes.
3. What does Esther do as Lenny and Doreen dance?
(a) She leaves Lenny's apartment.
(b) She falls asleep on Lenny's bed.
(c) She joins them and dances.
(d) She sits on the bear skin rug and drinks.
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
(a) His illness
(b) He is attending medical school and she does not want to distract him.
(c) Her commitment to the magazine
(d) Fear of his mother's response
5. How does Esther get from Lenny's apartment to the Amazon?
(a) Lenny drives her home.
(b) She and Doreen walk the 43 blocks back to the hotel together.
(c) She walks alone the 43 blocks back to the hotel.
(d) She takes a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Esther know Buddy?
2. What trait does Buddy have that Esther thinks would make him a good teacher?
3. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
4. Who helped foster Esther's appreciation for fine food?
5. How does Ladies' Day determine what causes the girls' sickness?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)