|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
2. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(b) She is in love with Constantin.
(c) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(d) She has no desire to marry anyone.
3. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
(a) He believes she has the skills and talent to be a successful science major.
(b) She asks interesting questions during his lectures.
(c) He believes she has a purely intellectual interest in science.
(d) She always earns A's in his courses.
4. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) An ambassador at the UN
(b) The editor of a major literary magazine
(c) Her son, Buddy
(d) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
5. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
(b) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(c) She daydreams.
(d) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
2. What does Esther find outside of her door the morning after Doreen came home drunk?
3. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
4. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
5. Who is Philomena Guinea?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)