|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Philomena Guinea?
(a) A famous novelist who is having lunch with Jay Cee.
(b) The editor of Ladies' Day magazine.
(c) The novelist whose scholarship Esther has at college.
(d) A lady at the Scholarships Office at Esther's college.
2. Why does Esther resolve to "ditch Buddy Willard for once and for all"?
(a) He had kept his affair with the waitress a secret from her.
(b) He is insensitive to her feelings about childbirth.
(c) He was no longer a virgin.
(d) He cheated on her with the waitress from Cape Cod.
3. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She has food poisoning.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
4. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
(a) It demonstrates his ignorance.
(b) She believes that poetry is more important than cadavers.
(c) It shows that he never read the poems she wrote for him.
(d) She is a literature major and a writer.
5. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(c) Her mother
(d) Jay Cee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther think may have caused Buddy's TB?
2. Why does Mr. Manzi like Esther so much?
3. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
4. What is keeping Esther from telling Buddy that she has no intention of marrying him?
5. What does Esther do to offend the driver of the first cab she rides in?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)