|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Doreen vomit on the carpet of the hotel hallway?
(a) She has food poisoning.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is upset that Lenny dumped her.
2. What does Jay Cee suggest that Esther do to distinguish herself from other women applying to be magazine editors?
(a) Write non-traditional articles
(b) Double major in French and English in college
(c) Learn several languages
(d) Create a compelling resume
3. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
(a) Jay Cee
(d) Her mother
4. Why has a medical student been assigned to deliver the woman's baby on the day Esther and Buddy visit the hospital?
(a) The doctor on call is stuck in traffic.
(b) Delivering eight babies is a medical school requirement.
(c) Delivering a baby is a medical school requirement.
(d) The doctor assigned to the woman is attending to another birth.
5. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
(a) She thinks it is over the top and trite.
(b) She is entranced by the Technicolor technology.
(c) She is drawn in by the romantic plot line.
(d) She is annoyed by the costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
2. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
3. Why won't Esther let Doreen come into her room when she returns from Lenny's?
4. Why is Esther afraid of taking chemistry?
5. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)