|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther compare her photo with that of a dead girl published in the paper?
(a) To see if they looked enough alike to kill herself.
(b) To see if they wore their hair the same way.
(c) To see if they look enough alike for Esther to fake her death.
(d) To see if they might be long lost sisters.
2. What does Constantin ask Esther to do when they go to his apartment?
(a) Begin dating
(b) Have sex with him
(c) Have a drink with him
(d) Listen to records
3. Who has Mrs. Willard promised to introduce Esther to in New York City?
(a) The editor of a major literary magazine
(b) A simultaneous interpreter at the UN
(c) An ambassador at the UN
(d) Her son, Buddy
4. Why does Esther visit the cemetery?
(a) To visit her father's grave
(b) To visit her grandparents' graves
(c) To select a gravesite for her body
(d) To contemplate suicide
5. Why is Esther surprised when Buddy calls her at college?
(a) He is angry at her and vowed never to speak to her again.
(b) She rarely receives phone calls.
(c) She had broken up with him and did not expect to hear from him.
(d) He usually writes letters because he is too cheap to pay for long distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course does Esther convince her college dean to exempt her from taking?
2. What does Constantin say is the most difficult aspect of simultaneous translation?
3. Where is Marco from?
4. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
5. Who calls Esther early the morning after she became sick with food poisoning?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)