|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther take her history book with her when she receives the phone call that Buddy is at her dorm?
(a) She does not know who is there to visit and wants to be able to go to the library if the boy is horrific.
(b) She plans to stop by the library after talking with Buddy.
(c) She does not know who is there to visit and plans to read her history book if he is boring.
(d) She wants Buddy to see that she is a studious person.
2. Why does Esther leave the movie premiere?
(a) She feels nauseous.
(b) She is tired and wants to go to sleep.
(c) She does not like the movie.
(d) She wants to see Doreen as soon as she comes back from Coney Island.
3. Which of the following best describes Lenny and Doreen's dancing?
4. How does Esther know Buddy?
(a) They met at a party.
(b) They attend the same college.
(c) Their mothers are friends and they attend the same church.
(d) They attended the same boarding school.
5. What does Esther do while Mr. Manzi is lecturing in chemistry class?
(a) She writes down the formulas he writes on the board.
(b) She pretends to be writing down the formulas he writes on the board.
(c) She daydreams.
(d) She completes her Shakespeare class assignments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esther do to help herself feel better after the botched night with Doreen and Lenny?
2. What did Esther do the first time she saw a finger bowl?
3. What is Esther's opinion of the movie she and the other girls are invited to see?
4. What wakes Esther up later in the night?
5. Who is missing from the Ladies' Day luncheon?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)