One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esther begin reading Finnegan's Wake?
(a) To begin writing her thesis
(b) To get ahead the following semester
(c) To help her sleep
(d) To fill in a gap in her coursework
2. What is unusual about Miss Norris?
(a) She does not speak.
(b) She wears a cameo brooch.
(c) She will not leave her room.
(d) She is not friendly to Esther.
3. Why does Esther say she would never marry Buddy Willard?
(a) She believes he is a hypocrite.
(b) She hates Mrs. Willard and could not stand to be her daughter-in-law.
(c) She is in love with Constantin.
(d) She has no desire to marry anyone.
4. What surprises Esther about the English program at her mother's college?
(a) There is no honors program in the English department.
(b) There are more requirements than her own college.
(c) She has already met all of the requirements.
(d) It is surprisingly difficult.
5. When does Esther say she found out Buddy was a hypocrite?
(a) The day she found out he had TB.
(b) The day they saw a baby born.
(c) When he asks her to Junior Prom.
(d) The moment he kissed her after the Junior Prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faux pas does Esther make with the bellman when she first arrives at the Amazon?
2. Why does Esther trade her robe to Betsy for a skirt and shirt?
3. What does Esther resolve to do during her summer at home?
4. Who is Esther's next door neighbor in the hospital once her room is moved "up front"?
5. Why is Esther disturbed by Buddy's view of poetry?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)