1. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima
(c) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(d) The execution of the Rosenbergs
2. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) She is attending New York University.
(b) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
(c) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(d) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
3. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(c) Jay Cee
4. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
(a) Her directness
(b) Her looks
(c) Her success
(d) Her intelligence
5. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
(a) Sweetheart of Sigma Chi
(b) Pollyanna Cowgirl
(c) Kansas Cowgirl
(d) Ugly as Sin
6. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She is witty and sarcastic.
(b) She is fashion conscious.
(c) She is wealthy.
(d) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
This section contains 5,831 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)