1. What national event is Esther concerned with as the book opens?
(a) The bombing of Hiroshima
(b) The trial of the Rosenbergs
(c) The execution of the Rosenbergs
(d) The assassination of John F. Kennedy
2. Why is Esther living in New York City in the summer of 1953?
(a) As the award for winning a modeling contest, she is modeling for a fashion magazine.
(b) As the award for winning a writing contest, she is interning at a fashion magazine.
(c) She is attending New York University.
(d) Esther is taking a summer writing course.
3. Which of the girls at the Amazon does Esther spend the most time with?
(c) Jay Cee
4. What trait makes Esther admire Jay Cee?
(a) Her directness
(b) Her intelligence
(c) Her looks
(d) Her success
5. What nickname does Doreen give Betsy?
(a) Sweetheart of Sigma Chi
(b) Kansas Cowgirl
(c) Pollyanna Cowgirl
(d) Ugly as Sin
6. Why does Esther like Doreen?
(a) She provides a smoking partner for Esther.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is fashion conscious.
(d) She is witty and sarcastic.
This section contains 5,831 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)