* Esther Greenwood and eleven other college aged girls are working in New York City at a fashion magazine after winning a contest sponsored by the magazine.
* Esther feels detached from the experience but cannot pinpoint what is wrong with her.
* Esther and the other girls live in a female-only hotel called the Amazon.
* Doreen and Esther take one cab to a magazine party while the other girls ride in another.
* On the way to the party the cab is stopped in traffic. Two men approach the cab and ask the girls if they would like to have a drink. They agree and leave the cab.
* Doreen and Esther meet the two men. They are Lenny Shepherd, a famous disc jockey, and his friend Frankie.
* Doreen and Frankie hit it off and begin talking.
* Esther tells Frankie her name is Elly Higginbottom and rebuffs his advances. Frankie leaves...
This section contains 1,693 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)