|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
2. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
3. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
4. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
5. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
2. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
3. Where does Gasher take Jake?
4. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
5. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
6. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
7. Why do Roland, Jake, Susannah, and Eddie suddenly find the book Charlie and the Choo-Choo so sinister in Chapters 23-24?
8. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
9. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
10. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Tick-Tock Man? What does he want from Jake? Why does he have Gasher kidnap Jake? What does Tick-Tock want Jake to give him as a gift? Who is Tick-Tock's father? What does that make Tick-Tock? Is Tick-Tock human? Is Tick-Tock a robot? How does the reader know? What would happen to the city if Tick-Tock got what he wanted? Is this helpful or harmful to Roland and his friends? Who shoots Tick-Tock? For what reason? Who offers to help Tick-Tock get revenge on Roland and his friends? What does this suggest for Roland and his friends' future?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jake? What school does he go to? Why does Jake think he is going crazy? What does Jake write in the final days of school that he thinks is an example of his insanity? What does his teacher think of it? What does Jake take from his father's desk before he leaves home for good? Where does Jake go? For what reason? How does Jake cross over into Roland's world? Who helps him? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
What are the Beams? How are they going to lead Roland and his friends to the Dark Tower? What is the Dark Tower? What will happen when Roland and his friends reach the Dark Tower? How is Jake following the Beams while still in his own world? Does he know he is following the Beams? How does Roland know about the Beams? Where did Roland learn much of what he knows about the Dark Tower? Why will Roland not share his past with his friends? Is Roland trying to hide something? Explain.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)