|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
2. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
3. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
4. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
5. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
2. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
3. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
4. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
5. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
6. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
7. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
8. What does Susannah notice in the city in Chapter 18? What were they used for?
9. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Susannah? What caused her to need a wheelchair? Who is she married to? Why does Susannah have difficulty learning to fire a gun? What does Roland do to make her shoot the gun? Who is Odetta? How did Susannah come to share her mind with Odetta? What does Odetta do to help Susannah and the others? What does this say about Odetta's character? What does it say about Susannah that she allows Odetta to share her mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Roland? Why is he teaching Susannah to shoot a gun? Is Roland cruel when he makes Susannah think of her past to make her angry enough to shoot straight? Why can Roland not shoot a gun? What happened to Roland? When? What is Roland's mission? Where is he going? For what reason? What will happen when he get there? How does he plan to get there?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)