|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
2. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
3. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
4. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
5. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weakness does Jake discover in Gasher's personality in Chapter 25?
2. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
3. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
4. Who is Gasher? What does he want?
5. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
6. What wakes Jake four days after he comes to Roland's world?
7. How do Susannah and Eddie finally reach Blaine's cradle in Chapter 24?
8. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
9. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
10. Where does Gasher take Jake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Roland suffer from dual memories? What does this mean? What is the difference between Roland's two sets of memory? Who else suffers from dual memories? What does this say about this character's relationship with Roland? Which reality is true? Why are there more than one reality? Does the author ever fully explain these dual memories? What effect do these memories on the two characters who experience them? How do they learn to cope?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)