|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
2. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
3. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
4. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
5. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Roland in Chapters 19 and 23 as he navigates his way through the garbage maze to save Jake?
2. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
3. What does Jake believe is the purpose of Blaine in their quest? What does Eddie see that places this purpose in jeopardy?
4. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
5. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
6. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
7. Where does Gasher take Jake?
8. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
9. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
10. What does Jake dream in chapter 16? What impression is he left with afterward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Tick-Tock Man? What does he want from Jake? Why does he have Gasher kidnap Jake? What does Tick-Tock want Jake to give him as a gift? Who is Tick-Tock's father? What does that make Tick-Tock? Is Tick-Tock human? Is Tick-Tock a robot? How does the reader know? What would happen to the city if Tick-Tock got what he wanted? Is this helpful or harmful to Roland and his friends? Who shoots Tick-Tock? For what reason? Who offers to help Tick-Tock get revenge on Roland and his friends? What does this suggest for Roland and his friends' future?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jake? What school does he go to? Why does Jake think he is going crazy? What does Jake write in the final days of school that he thinks is an example of his insanity? What does his teacher think of it? What does Jake take from his father's desk before he leaves home for good? Where does Jake go? For what reason? How does Jake cross over into Roland's world? Who helps him? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Roland and Susannah
2) Roland and Eddie
3) Roland and Jake
4) Susannah and Eddie
5) Eddie and Henry.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)