|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
2. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
3. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
4. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
5. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the Beams? How are they going to lead Roland and his friends to the Dark Tower? What is the Dark Tower? What will happen when Roland and his friends reach the Dark Tower? How is Jake following the Beams while still in his own world? Does he know he is following the Beams? How does Roland know about the Beams? Where did Roland learn much of what he knows about the Dark Tower? Why will Roland not share his past with his friends? Is Roland trying to hide something? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss gunslingers. What is a gunslinger? What is Roland's role as a gunslinger? How is Roland's role different from the traditional idea of a gunslinger? How is it similar? Why do you suppose the author chose to make Roland a gunslinger? What does this say about Roland's adventures? How is Roland treated by the people he comes into contact with? What does this say about the role of gunslinger in Roland's world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 1,627 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)