|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
3. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
4. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
5. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
2. How did Mercy lose her eyesight?
3. What does Roland tell his friends about the ka-tet in Chapter 19? What does Eddie realize after he hears this information?
4. In Chapters 5-6, what happens to Blaine's cabin walls? For what reason?
5. Who reports he once saw the train called Blaine in Lud? What did he see?
6. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
7. What does Jake believe Blaine, whom he has constantly seen as a danger, plans to do in Chapter 8?
8. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
9. What is significant about the drum beat that Roland and his ka-tet have been able to hear for days since beginning their approach to Lud? What becomes apparent about the purpose of this drum beat?
10. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are Si and Mercy? Where did they come from? How does Roland feel about them? What do Roland and his friends learn about the city of Lud from these people? How does this information help Roland and his friends? How does it confirm something they already knew? What does Charlie and the Choo-Choo have to do with the city and the story Roland and his friends learn about it? Is this foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What are the Beams? How are they going to lead Roland and his friends to the Dark Tower? What is the Dark Tower? What will happen when Roland and his friends reach the Dark Tower? How is Jake following the Beams while still in his own world? Does he know he is following the Beams? How does Roland know about the Beams? Where did Roland learn much of what he knows about the Dark Tower? Why will Roland not share his past with his friends? Is Roland trying to hide something? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Who leads Jake to the Mansion? How did Jake know to follow this person? What happens to Jake once he goes inside the Mansion? How does Jake lose the key? How does he get it back? What tries to stop Jake from crossing into Roland's world? Why? Who helps Jake survive his ordeal? Why does Jake want to go to Roland's world? What would have happened to him if he had not? What happens to Jake's family? Does Jake worry about this? What does the future hold for Jake?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)