|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
3. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
4. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
5. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roland communicate with Jake in Chapter 31?
2. How does Roland get into the room to rescue Jake in Chapter 34?
3. What does Blaine demand of Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 30 before he will agree to transport Roland and the ka-tet?
4. What is significant about the airplane Roland and his ka-tet find in Chapter 1?
5. What do Jake's actions in Chapters 32-34 say about his character?
6. What do Eddie and Susannah learn about Blaine in Chapter 27?
7. What do Bill and Till tell Roland and his ka-tet about the large city of Lud?
8. What is the reaction of the people of River Crossing when they learn Roland is a gunslinger?
9. What surprising things does Roland learn about Oy in Chapter 29?
10. What does Blaine tell Roland and his ka-tet is the reason he has decided to end his existence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss gunslingers. What is a gunslinger? What is Roland's role as a gunslinger? How is Roland's role different from the traditional idea of a gunslinger? How is it similar? Why do you suppose the author chose to make Roland a gunslinger? What does this say about Roland's adventures? How is Roland treated by the people he comes into contact with? What does this say about the role of gunslinger in Roland's world?
Essay Topic 2
What are the Beams? How are they going to lead Roland and his friends to the Dark Tower? What is the Dark Tower? What will happen when Roland and his friends reach the Dark Tower? How is Jake following the Beams while still in his own world? Does he know he is following the Beams? How does Roland know about the Beams? Where did Roland learn much of what he knows about the Dark Tower? Why will Roland not share his past with his friends? Is Roland trying to hide something? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of one of the following style tools in the novel in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)