|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
2. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
3. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
(a) To let Roland they found Blaine's Cradle.
(b) To warn Blaine of their arrival at his cradle.
(c) To express frustration.
(d) To frighten off the Pubes.
4. Who does Little Blaine say he is in Chapter 27?
(a) The ghost inside the machines.
(b) The one left behind in rooms of ruin and halls of the dead.
(c) The unforgotten.
(d) The creator of the machines.
5. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) A marble fountain.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A school bus.
(d) A trailer house.
6. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) Andrew Quick.
(b) Jack Mort.
(c) David Quick.
7. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his money.
(b) Recieve his gifts.
(c) Recieve his blessing.
(d) Recieve his kisses.
8. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Sleeping Bag.
(b) Velcro Fly.
(c) Sharp Dressed Man.
9. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Walter.
(b) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
10. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He smells people.
(b) He saw smoke.
(c) He has seen people.
(d) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
11. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
(b) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(c) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
(d) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
12. Who is Patricia?
(a) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
(b) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(c) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
(d) The conductor of Blaine the train.
13. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A exploded train.
(b) A derailed train.
(c) A broken monorail.
(d) A dead man.
14. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
15. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(b) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(c) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
2. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
3. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
4. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
5. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)