|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(b) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(c) By showing his driver's license.
(d) By showing his Ruger.
2. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
(a) Offer her money.
(b) Offer her gifts.
(c) Offer her kisses.
(d) Offer her blessin.
3. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
(b) David Quick.
(c) Jack Mort.
(d) Andrew Quick.
4. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He will not behave.
(b) He is too friendly with humans.
(c) He is too intelligent.
(d) He is too ugly.
5. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(d) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
6. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
(a) A flying man.
(b) A child.
(c) A bird.
(d) An airplane.
7. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Bruce Springsteen.
(c) Rolling Stones.
(d) ZZ Top.
8. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(b) Andrew Quick.
(c) Jack Mort.
(d) David Quick.
9. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Susannah.
(b) A sculpture of Roland.
(c) A sculpture of Oy.
(d) A sculpture of Eddie.
10. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(c) Western Missouri.
(d) New York.
11. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
12. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Empty.
(b) The Big War.
(c) The Big Depression.
(d) The Big Bomb.
13. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
(a) With a rope around her throat.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a knife he threw across the room.
14. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(b) Aunt Talitha.
15. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
(b) Rain clouds.
(c) The poisonous gas.
(d) Acid rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
2. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
3. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
4. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)