|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Calvin Tower.
(b) Aaron Deepneau.
(c) Elmer Chambers.
(d) Eddie Greene.
2. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) David Quick.
(b) Jack Mort.
(d) Andrew Quick.
3. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a Pubes.
(b) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
(c) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(d) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
4. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(b) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
(c) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(d) He is tired and crabby.
5. How far does Blaine travel as related in Chapter 4?
(a) Only to the far side of the Waste Land.
(b) Only to Topeka.
(c) Only to River Crossing.
(d) Only to the outskirts of Kansas City.
6. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
(a) To frighten off the Pubes.
(b) To let Roland they found Blaine's Cradle.
(c) To express frustration.
(d) To warn Blaine of their arrival at his cradle.
7. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Think around corners.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Think critically.
(d) Be amused.
8. What is graf?
(a) Apple cobbler.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Apple stew.
(d) Apple beer.
9. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His gun.
(b) His books.
(c) His Seiko.
(d) His pack.
10. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
(a) Mr. Noodle.
(b) Clarabell the Clown.
(c) Ronald McDonald.
(d) Bozo the Clown.
11. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It's battery has stopped working.
(b) It has a broken crystal.
(c) It stopped.
(d) It no longer tells proper time.
12. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
13. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Bruce Springsteen.
(d) ZZ Top.
14. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Who built it.
(b) Where it came from.
(c) Where it is going.
(d) A riddle.
15. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Fifty seconds.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Ten seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
2. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
3. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
4. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)