|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(c) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
2. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A downed building.
(c) A big bird.
(d) A car crash.
3. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) A riddle.
(b) Who built it.
(c) Where it came from.
(d) Where it is going.
4. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(b) It is all computer generated.
(c) It is an optical illusion.
(d) It is a new technology.
5. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
6. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It stopped.
(b) It no longer tells proper time.
(c) It's battery has stopped working.
(d) It has a broken crystal.
7. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
(a) It cannot.
(b) It knows everything.
(c) Voice analysis.
(d) Lie detector software.
8. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) West Texas.
(d) Western Missouri.
9. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(b) By showing his Ruger.
(c) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(d) By showing his driver's license.
10. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
(a) The Louver.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The New York Public Library.
(d) The Parthenon.
11. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Fifty seconds.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) Three minutes.
12. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
13. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Depression.
(b) The Big War.
(c) The Big Bomb.
(d) The Big Empty.
14. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(b) How many weapons they have.
(c) How many there are.
(d) What they are wearing.
15. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
(a) A child.
(b) A flying man.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
3. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
4. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
5. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)