|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(b) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
(c) They follow a Pubes.
(d) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
2. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Bruce Springsteen.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) ZZ Top.
(d) Rolling Stones.
3. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
4. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They bore him.
(b) They treated him badly.
(c) They want to die.
(d) They deserve to die.
5. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too ugly.
(b) He will not behave.
(c) He is too intelligent.
(d) He is too friendly with humans.
6. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
(a) Bozo the Clown.
(b) Mr. Noodle.
(c) Clarabell the Clown.
(d) Ronald McDonald.
7. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
(a) He is broken.
(b) His monitoring equipment in end-world is down.
(c) He has gone insane.
(d) He is not human.
8. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
9. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
10. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By showing his driver's license.
(b) By showing his Ruger.
(c) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(d) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
11. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(b) New York.
(c) Western Missouri.
12. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
(a) Offer her blessin.
(b) Offer her gifts.
(c) Offer her money.
(d) Offer her kisses.
13. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
14. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
15. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) A swastika.
(b) An American flag.
(c) A picture of Aunt Talitha.
(d) A Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
2. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
3. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
4. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
5. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)