|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a god.
(b) Like a lover.
(c) Like a king.
(d) Like a saint.
2. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(d) Aunt Talitha.
3. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They treated him badly.
(b) They want to die.
(c) They bore him.
(d) They deserve to die.
4. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Elmer Chambers.
(b) Aaron Deepneau.
(c) Eddie Greene.
(d) Calvin Tower.
5. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
(d) Odetta Walker.
6. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
(b) He wants to kill Gasher.
(c) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
(d) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
7. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
(b) Richard Fannin.
(c) Randall Flagg.
(d) Jack Mort.
8. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(b) What they are wearing.
(c) How many there are.
(d) How many weapons they have.
9. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
(a) Clarabell the Clown.
(b) Mr. Noodle.
(c) Ronald McDonald.
(d) Bozo the Clown.
10. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(a) Peg leg.
11. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is in pain.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is depressed.
12. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
(a) Her wheelchair.
(b) Her gun.
(c) Her sling.
(d) Her gun belt.
13. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
(a) Andrew Quick.
(b) David Quick.
(c) Jack Mort.
14. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
15. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
3. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
4. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
5. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)