|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(b) Western Missouri.
(c) West Texas.
2. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He has seen people.
(b) He saw smoke.
(c) He smells people.
(d) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
3. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is depressed.
4. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(a) How many weapons they have.
(b) How many there are.
(c) What they are wearing.
5. What is a monorail?
(a) An elevated train.
(b) A single rail serving as a track for wheeled vehicles traveling on it or suspended from it.
(c) A nickname for a passenger train.
(d) A train that runs on electricity.
6. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
7. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
8. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A trailer house.
(d) A marble fountain.
9. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is tired and crabby.
(b) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(c) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(d) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
10. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To throw Roland off their trail.
(b) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(c) To entertain Gasher.
(d) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
11. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
(a) Acid rain.
(b) Rain clouds.
(d) The poisonous gas.
12. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a Pubes.
(b) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
(c) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(d) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
13. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too ugly.
(b) He will not behave.
(c) He is too friendly with humans.
(d) He is too intelligent.
14. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been abandoned.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have been burned.
(d) They have fallen to ruin.
15. How many miles will Blaine go before he reaches the end of his track?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) Seven hundred miles.
(c) Seventy miles.
(d) Seven thousand miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
2. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
3. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
5. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)