|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a monorail?
(a) A nickname for a passenger train.
(b) An elevated train.
(c) A single rail serving as a track for wheeled vehicles traveling on it or suspended from it.
(d) A train that runs on electricity.
2. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His books.
(b) His hat.
(c) His pack.
(d) His shoes.
3. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Roland.
(b) A sculpture of Oy.
(c) A sculpture of Susannah.
(d) A sculpture of Eddie.
4. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
5. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
(a) So Oy will not run away.
(b) So Oy can lead Roland to Jake in the dark.
(c) To protect him from Gasher.
(d) To keep him from chasing after Jake.
6. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
(a) He is strong.
(b) He is male.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is young.
7. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
8. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane ran into a storm.
(b) The plane was hit with lightning.
(c) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(d) The plane ran out of gas.
9. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
(a) With a rope around her throat.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a knife he threw across the room.
(d) With a gun.
10. What is a way-gog?
(a) A type of animal.
(b) A machine that monitors the health of the monorail.
(c) A musical instrument like the bagpipes.
(d) A game.
11. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(b) It is a new technology.
(c) It is an optical illusion.
(d) It is all computer generated.
12. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
(a) The poisonous gas.
(b) Rain clouds.
(c) Acid rain.
13. What does one of the twins say fell out of the sky like Icarus in Chapter 9?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A flying man.
(c) A child.
(d) A bird.
14. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
15. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
(b) Open the door.
(c) Save Oy.
(d) Kill Tick-Tock Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
2. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
3. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
4. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
5. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)