|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Where it came from.
(b) A riddle.
(c) Where it is going.
(d) Who built it.
2. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
3. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been burned.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have fallen to ruin.
(d) They have been abandoned.
4. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(d) Aunt Talitha.
5. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A marble fountain.
(d) A trailer house.
6. What does the man who visits Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 40 ask Tick-Tock Man to call him?
(a) Randall Flagg.
(c) Jack Mort.
(d) Richard Fannin.
7. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His pack.
(b) His hat.
(c) His books.
(d) His shoes.
8. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
(a) They cannot leave Oy alone.
(b) Only Roland can save Jake.
(c) They cannot take Susannah into Gasher's maze.
(d) They must continue with their journey no matter what.
9. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Be amused.
(b) Think around corners.
(c) Have fun.
(d) Think critically.
10. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To entertain Gasher.
(b) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(c) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(d) To throw Roland off their trail.
11. How many miles will Blaine go before he reaches the end of his track?
(a) Seventy miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Seven hundred miles.
(d) Seven thousand miles.
12. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a saint.
(c) Like a king.
(d) Like a god.
13. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
(b) The poisonous gas.
(c) Acid rain.
(d) Rain clouds.
14. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too friendly with humans.
(b) He is too intelligent.
(c) He will not behave.
(d) He is too ugly.
15. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
(b) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
(c) He wants to kill Gasher.
(d) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Patricia?
2. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
3. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
4. What is a way-gog?
5. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)