|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Blaine say he is in Chapter 27?
(a) The ghost inside the machines.
(b) The one left behind in rooms of ruin and halls of the dead.
(c) The unforgotten.
(d) The creator of the machines.
2. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his blessing.
(b) Recieve his gifts.
(c) Recieve his money.
(d) Recieve his kisses.
3. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
4. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They deserve to die.
(b) They bore him.
(c) They want to die.
(d) They treated him badly.
5. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
(b) They follow a Pubes.
(c) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(d) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
6. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(b) How many there are.
(c) What they are wearing.
(d) How many weapons they have.
7. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(b) He is tired and crabby.
(c) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(d) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
8. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
(a) He is strong.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is male.
9. How far does Blaine travel as related in Chapter 4?
(a) Only to River Crossing.
(b) Only to Topeka.
(c) Only to the outskirts of Kansas City.
(d) Only to the far side of the Waste Land.
10. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Fifty seconds.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) Three minutes.
11. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
(a) A riddle contest.
(b) A singing contest.
(c) A spelling contest.
(d) A mathmatic contest.
12. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(b) To throw Roland off their trail.
(c) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(d) To entertain Gasher.
13. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His Seiko.
(b) His books.
(c) His pack.
(d) His gun.
14. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too intelligent.
(b) He is too friendly with humans.
(c) He will not behave.
(d) He is too ugly.
15. How long does Blaine say it has been since a gunslinger walked in-world or mid-world?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three hundred years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
2. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
3. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
4. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
5. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)