|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) Jack Mort.
(b) Andrew Quick.
(d) David Quick.
2. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is an optical illusion.
(b) It is all computer generated.
(c) It is a new technology.
(d) It is pictures taken by satellite.
3. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
(a) Ronald McDonald.
(b) Clarabell the Clown.
(c) Mr. Noodle.
(d) Bozo the Clown.
4. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A clothes press.
(c) A cider press.
(d) A machine press.
5. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
(a) They cannot take Susannah into Gasher's maze.
(b) They must continue with their journey no matter what.
(c) They cannot leave Oy alone.
(d) Only Roland can save Jake.
6. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Velcro Fly.
(b) Sharp Dressed Man.
(c) Sleeping Bag.
7. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
8. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a king.
(b) Like a god.
(c) Like a lover.
(d) Like a saint.
9. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
10. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A broken monorail.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A derailed train.
(d) A exploded train.
11. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(b) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of Walter.
(d) The mummified remains of David Quick.
12. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(b) Peg leg.
13. What is a way-gog?
(a) A machine that monitors the health of the monorail.
(b) A game.
(c) A musical instrument like the bagpipes.
(d) A type of animal.
14. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
(a) So Oy can lead Roland to Jake in the dark.
(b) So Oy will not run away.
(c) To keep him from chasing after Jake.
(d) To protect him from Gasher.
15. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Bruce Springsteen.
(c) Rolling Stones.
(d) ZZ Top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Blaine?
3. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
4. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
5. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)