|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
(a) A mathmatic contest.
(b) A spelling contest.
(c) A singing contest.
(d) A riddle contest.
2. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Walter.
(b) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(c) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of David Quick.
3. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Eight minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Twelve minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It's battery has stopped working.
(b) It no longer tells proper time.
(c) It has a broken crystal.
(d) It stopped.
5. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
(a) Kill Tick-Tock Man.
(b) Save Oy.
(c) Open the door.
6. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(d) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
7. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a king.
(b) Like a lover.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a saint.
8. What is graf?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Apple cobbler.
(c) Apple stew.
(d) Apple beer.
9. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) A Red Cross.
(b) A swastika.
(c) A picture of Aunt Talitha.
(d) An American flag.
10. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(b) To throw Roland off their trail.
(c) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(d) To entertain Gasher.
11. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
12. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
13. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane ran into a storm.
(b) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(c) The plane was hit with lightning.
(d) The plane ran out of gas.
14. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
15. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
(a) To enter Blaine's Cradle is death.
(b) Winston's family will hunt her down and kill her.
(c) Leave Lud or die.
(d) Avoid the seafish, its poisonous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
2. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
3. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
4. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)