|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(b) The mummified remains of Walter.
(c) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
2. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They treated him badly.
(b) They deserve to die.
(c) They bore him.
(d) They want to die.
3. Who is Patricia?
(a) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(b) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
(c) The conductor of Blaine the train.
(d) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
4. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Where it came from.
(b) Who built it.
(c) A riddle.
(d) Where it is going.
5. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Roland.
(b) A sculpture of Oy.
(c) A sculpture of Susannah.
(d) A sculpture of Eddie.
6. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(b) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(c) He is tired and crabby.
(d) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
7. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(d) Aunt Talitha.
8. What back beat does Eddie believe is playing from unseen source in Chapter 15?
(a) Rolling Stones.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) ZZ Top.
(d) Bruce Springsteen.
9. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
10. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
(b) They follow a Pubes.
(c) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(d) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
11. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is a new technology.
(b) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(c) It is all computer generated.
(d) It is an optical illusion.
12. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
13. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To kill everyone in Lud.
(b) To take over the world.
(c) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(d) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
14. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(b) The plane ran out of gas.
(c) The plane was hit with lightning.
(d) The plane ran into a storm.
15. What is graf?
(a) Apple beer.
(b) Apple cobbler.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Apple stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
2. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
3. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
4. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
5. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)