|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
(a) He is young.
(b) He is male.
(c) He is strong.
(d) He is intelligent.
2. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(b) To entertain Gasher.
(c) To throw Roland off their trail.
(d) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
3. What does Roland ask Aunt Talitha to do for him and his friends in Chapter 13?
(a) Offer her gifts.
(b) Offer her kisses.
(c) Offer her money.
(d) Offer her blessin.
4. Who is Patricia?
(a) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(b) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
(c) The conductor of Blaine the train.
(d) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
5. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
6. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Velcro Fly.
(b) Sleeping Bag.
(c) Sharp Dressed Man.
7. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A broken monorail.
(b) A derailed train.
(c) A exploded train.
(d) A dead man.
8. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
9. How does Roland give Jake instructions in Chapter 28?
10. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
(a) He is not human.
(b) He has gone insane.
(c) His monitoring equipment in end-world is down.
(d) He is broken.
11. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
(a) Music for festivals.
(b) Crowd control.
(c) Announcements and propoganda during the war.
12. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Susannah.
(b) A sculpture of Roland.
(c) A sculpture of Eddie.
(d) A sculpture of Oy.
13. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His gun.
(b) His pack.
(c) His Seiko.
(d) His books.
14. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
15. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
(a) A cider press.
(b) A printing press.
(c) A machine press.
(d) A clothes press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
2. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
3. How long is it before Roland and his friends reach the outskirts of Lud?
4. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
5. What is the purple cloud Jake and the others can see covering the city in Chapter 6?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)