|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
(a) A bird with parasites.
(b) A dog that has rabies.
(c) A beehave that has been poisoned with radiation.
(d) A fish with cold sores.
2. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too friendly with humans.
(b) He is too ugly.
(c) He is too intelligent.
(d) He will not behave.
3. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a Pubes.
(b) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(c) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
(d) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
4. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It's battery has stopped working.
(b) It has a broken crystal.
(c) It stopped.
(d) It no longer tells proper time.
5. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
(b) Odetta Walker.
6. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Walter.
(b) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(c) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of David Quick.
7. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
8. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(b) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(c) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
9. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To take over the world.
(b) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
(c) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(d) To kill everyone in Lud.
10. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
(a) Clarabell the Clown.
(b) Ronald McDonald.
(c) Bozo the Clown.
(d) Mr. Noodle.
11. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to kill Gasher.
(b) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
(c) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
(d) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
12. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train mechanic in Lud.
(b) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
(c) The train conductor in Lud.
(d) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
13. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
(b) Crowd control.
(c) Music for festivals.
(d) Announcements and propoganda during the war.
14. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
15. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is it before Roland and his friends reach the outskirts of Lud?
2. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
3. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
4. How far does Blaine travel as related in Chapter 4?
5. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)