|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bursts into the bunker and attacks Tick-Tock Man in Chapter 31?
2. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
(b) He saw smoke.
(c) He has seen people.
(d) He smells people.
3. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have been burned.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have been abandoned.
(d) They have fallen to ruin.
4. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
(a) So Oy can lead Roland to Jake in the dark.
(b) So Oy will not run away.
(c) To protect him from Gasher.
(d) To keep him from chasing after Jake.
5. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Calvin Tower.
(b) Eddie Greene.
(c) Elmer Chambers.
(d) Aaron Deepneau.
6. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To kill everyone in Lud.
(b) To take over the world.
(c) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
(d) To work for him so he can control Lud.
7. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
(a) A fish with cold sores.
(b) A beehave that has been poisoned with radiation.
(c) A bird with parasites.
(d) A dog that has rabies.
8. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A broken monorail.
(b) A exploded train.
(c) A derailed train.
(d) A dead man.
9. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They deserve to die.
(b) They treated him badly.
(c) They bore him.
(d) They want to die.
10. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To entertain Gasher.
(b) To throw Roland off their trail.
(c) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(d) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
11. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(b) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
12. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
13. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It stopped.
(b) It no longer tells proper time.
(c) It has a broken crystal.
(d) It's battery has stopped working.
14. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(b) The mummified remains of Walter.
(c) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of David Quick.
15. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
(a) The story of Walter.
(b) The history of gunslingers.
(c) The myth of the Dark Tower.
(d) The beginning, starting with Gilead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a monorail?
2. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
3. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Blaine?
5. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)