|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(a) Peg leg.
2. How many miles will Blaine go before he reaches the end of his track?
(a) Seven hundred miles.
(b) Seven thousand miles.
(c) Seventy miles.
(d) Seven miles.
3. What do Roland and his friends find in Chapter 5?
(a) A dog that has rabies.
(b) A fish with cold sores.
(c) A beehave that has been poisoned with radiation.
(d) A bird with parasites.
4. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
(b) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
(c) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(d) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
5. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
(a) He is too intelligent.
(b) He is too friendly with humans.
(c) He will not behave.
(d) He is too ugly.
6. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(a) How many weapons they have.
(c) What they are wearing.
(d) How many there are.
7. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(b) Jack Mort.
(c) David Quick.
(d) Andrew Quick.
8. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is tired and crabby.
(b) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
(c) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
(d) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
9. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
(a) Winston's family will hunt her down and kill her.
(b) Avoid the seafish, its poisonous.
(c) Leave Lud or die.
(d) To enter Blaine's Cradle is death.
10. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his money.
(b) Recieve his blessing.
(c) Recieve his kisses.
(d) Recieve his gifts.
11. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They bore him.
(b) They want to die.
(c) They deserve to die.
(d) They treated him badly.
12. What is a monorail?
(a) An elevated train.
(b) A nickname for a passenger train.
(c) A train that runs on electricity.
(d) A single rail serving as a track for wheeled vehicles traveling on it or suspended from it.
13. What did Jake leave behind that Roland picks up in Chapter 20?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His books.
(c) His pack.
(d) His hat.
14. Why can Blaine not differentiate between fact and superstition?
(a) He has gone insane.
(b) His monitoring equipment in end-world is down.
(c) He is broken.
(d) He is not human.
15. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
(a) The Big Depression.
(b) The Big Empty.
(c) The Big War.
(d) The Big Bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland mistake the plane crash for in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Blaine?
4. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
5. Who does the guy Eddie shoots in Chapter 21 look like to Susannah?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)