|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Think critically.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Be amused.
(d) Think around corners.
2. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is the truth, he is danger.
(c) He is harmless.
(d) He is a pain and a danger.
3. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
4. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
(a) To enter Blaine's Cradle is death.
(b) Leave Lud or die.
(c) Winston's family will hunt her down and kill her.
(d) Avoid the seafish, its poisonous.
5. Why does Blaine say he wants to kill himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) He is depressed.
6. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Velcro Fly.
(c) Sharp Dressed Man.
(d) Sleeping Bag.
7. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
(a) A clothes press.
(b) A machine press.
(c) A cider press.
(d) A printing press.
8. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a god.
(c) Like a saint.
(d) Like a king.
9. Who led the final army against the war in Lud as described in Chapter 10?
(b) Andrew Quick.
(c) David Quick.
(d) Jack Mort.
10. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is an optical illusion.
(b) It is all computer generated.
(c) It is a new technology.
(d) It is pictures taken by satellite.
11. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
(a) A singing contest.
(b) A riddle contest.
(c) A spelling contest.
(d) A mathmatic contest.
12. How many miles will Blaine go before he reaches the end of his track?
(a) Seven hundred miles.
(b) Seven thousand miles.
(c) Seventy miles.
(d) Seven miles.
13. Who is Patricia?
(a) The conductor of Blaine the train.
(b) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(c) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
(d) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
14. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his blessing.
(b) Recieve his money.
(c) Recieve his kisses.
(d) Recieve his gifts.
15. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His books.
(b) His pack.
(c) His gun.
(d) His Seiko.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
2. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
3. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
4. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
5. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)