|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He has seen people.
(b) He smells people.
(c) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
(d) He saw smoke.
2. Where is Jake in a dream in Chapter 16?
(a) West Texas.
(b) New York.
(d) Western Missouri.
3. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(b) It is an optical illusion.
(c) It is all computer generated.
(d) It is a new technology.
4. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
(d) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
5. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
6. What do the people of River Crossing line up to do before Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Recieve his blessing.
(b) Recieve his money.
(c) Recieve his gifts.
(d) Recieve his kisses.
7. In what way did Tick-Tock Man kill the laughing woman?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife he threw across the room.
(c) With a rope around her throat.
(d) With a poison.
8. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
9. What building is Susannah reminded of in Chapter 21 as she follows Maud and Jeeves to the Cradle of Lud?
(a) The Louver.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Parthenon.
(d) The New York Public Library.
10. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(a) How many weapons they have.
(b) What they are wearing.
(c) How many there are.
11. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
(b) Save Oy.
(c) Open the door.
(d) Kill Tick-Tock Man.
12. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Oy.
(b) A sculpture of Eddie.
(c) A sculpture of Susannah.
(d) A sculpture of Roland.
13. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A derailed train.
(b) A exploded train.
(c) A broken monorail.
(d) A dead man.
14. Why does Jake begin to cry at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He wants to stay with Aunt Talitha whom he sees as a mother figure.
(b) He is afraid of what lies ahead.
(c) He is tired and crabby.
(d) He does not want to leave the people of River Crossing.
15. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
(a) The myth of the Dark Tower.
(b) The beginning, starting with Gilead.
(c) The story of Walter.
(d) The history of gunslingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
2. How long is it before Roland and his friends reach the outskirts of Lud?
3. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Roland believe Oy was pushed out of his pack in Chapter 15?
5. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)