|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of computers does Tick-Tock Man ask Jake about in Chapter 31?
2. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
(b) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
(c) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(d) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
3. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
(a) They ask Roland.
(b) They choose at random.
(c) They choose the street with the turtle on the sign.
(d) They follow citizens in the street.
4. Whose voice does Mercy claim to enjoy listening to in Chapter 12?
5. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Eight minutes.
6. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Fifty seconds.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Ten seconds.
7. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(a) What they are wearing.
(c) How many there are.
(d) How many weapons they have.
8. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
(a) His gun.
(b) His pack.
(c) His Seiko.
(d) His books.
9. Why does Eddie fire a shot from his Ruger into the rain soaked sky in Chapter 27?
(a) To let Roland they found Blaine's Cradle.
(b) To express frustration.
(c) To warn Blaine of their arrival at his cradle.
(d) To frighten off the Pubes.
10. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Eddie.
(b) A sculpture of Oy.
(c) A sculpture of Susannah.
(d) A sculpture of Roland.
11. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Be amused.
(b) Think around corners.
(c) Have fun.
(d) Think critically.
12. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
(a) A derailed train.
(b) A exploded train.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A broken monorail.
13. What does Tick-Tock Man want the computers for, as he admits in Chapter 31?
(a) To work for him so he can control Lud.
(b) To kill everyone in Lud.
(c) To take over the world.
(d) To stop them from playing the drum back beat.
14. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(b) Sleeping Bag.
(c) Velcro Fly.
(d) Sharp Dressed Man.
15. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) Jack Mort.
(c) Andrew Quick.
(d) David Quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a monorail?
2. Who is Patricia?
3. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
4. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
5. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)