|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
(a) They follow a Pubes.
(b) They are led by signs in the hallway outside the bunker.
(c) They follow a silver ball Blaine has sent them.
(d) They follow a troll Blaine has sent.
2. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
3. What reason does Blaine give in Chapter 39 for killing everyone in Lud?
(a) They deserve to die.
(b) They treated him badly.
(c) They bore him.
(d) They want to die.
4. Who is Patricia?
(a) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(b) The conductor of Blaine the train.
(c) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
(d) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
5. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(b) By showing his Ruger.
(c) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(d) By showing his driver's license.
6. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
(a) Open the door.
(c) Kill Tick-Tock Man.
(d) Save Oy.
7. How far does Blaine travel as related in Chapter 4?
(a) Only to Topeka.
(b) Only to River Crossing.
(c) Only to the far side of the Waste Land.
(d) Only to the outskirts of Kansas City.
8. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Aaron Deepneau.
(b) Eddie Greene.
(c) Calvin Tower.
(d) Elmer Chambers.
9. How can Blaine tell when Eddie or Susannah are lying to him?
(a) Lie detector software.
(b) It knows everything.
(c) Voice analysis.
(d) It cannot.
10. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
(a) A riddle contest.
(b) A mathmatic contest.
(c) A spelling contest.
(d) A singing contest.
11. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To entertain Gasher.
(b) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(c) To throw Roland off their trail.
(d) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
12. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her sling.
(c) Her gun belt.
(d) Her wheelchair.
13. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
14. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
(a) To keep him from chasing after Jake.
(b) So Oy can lead Roland to Jake in the dark.
(c) To protect him from Gasher.
(d) So Oy will not run away.
15. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is an optical illusion.
(b) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(c) It is all computer generated.
(d) It is a new technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
2. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
3. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
4. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)