|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah ask Blaine in Chapter 30?
(a) Who built it.
(b) Where it is going.
(c) Where it came from.
(d) A riddle.
2. Why does Roland put a leash on Oy in Chapter 23?
(a) To keep him from chasing after Jake.
(b) So Oy can lead Roland to Jake in the dark.
(c) So Oy will not run away.
(d) To protect him from Gasher.
3. What has happened to Jake's watch as he notes in Chapter 1?
(a) It's battery has stopped working.
(b) It no longer tells proper time.
(c) It stopped.
(d) It has a broken crystal.
4. What has Blaine created in ice that he shows Roland and his friends in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture of Oy.
(b) A sculpture of Susannah.
(c) A sculpture of Eddie.
(d) A sculpture of Roland.
5. What contest does Roland's ka-tet and Blaine enter into in the final pages of the novel?
(a) A spelling contest.
(b) A mathmatic contest.
(c) A singing contest.
(d) A riddle contest.
6. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Sleeping Bag.
(b) Velcro Fly.
(c) Sharp Dressed Man.
7. How does Eddie prove to Big Blaine who he is and where he came from in Chapter 27?
(a) By listing the names of his ka-tet.
(b) By listing the landmarks in New York.
(c) By showing his driver's license.
(d) By showing his Ruger.
8. What is a monorail?
(a) A train that runs on electricity.
(b) A single rail serving as a track for wheeled vehicles traveling on it or suspended from it.
(c) A nickname for a passenger train.
(d) An elevated train.
9. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane ran out of gas.
(b) The plane was hit with lightning.
(c) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(d) The plane ran into a storm.
10. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He has seen people.
(b) He smells people.
(c) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
(d) He saw smoke.
11. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
(a) Announcements and propoganda during the war.
(b) Crowd control.
(c) Music for festivals.
12. Who does Jake guess was Tick-Tock Man's grandfather in Chapter 28?
(a) Andrew Quick.
(b) Jack Mort.
(d) David Quick.
13. How does Roland find his way through the maze in Chapter 20?
(a) With the ability to see Jake's aura lingering.
(b) With Oy's sense of smell and direction.
(c) Through the sound of Jake's thoughts.
(d) Through the sound Gasher makes as he runs.
14. Who claims to have heard a sonic boom after seeing Blaine running in Lud in Chapter 11?
(b) Aunt Talitha.
15. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(b) Peg leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
2. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
3. How do Susannah and Eddie chose which way to go in the city of Lud on Chapter 18?
4. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
5. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)