|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gave Jake the riddle book?
(a) Eddie Greene.
(b) Calvin Tower.
(c) Aaron Deepneau.
(d) Elmer Chambers.
2. Why did Roland allow Gasher to take Jake as he explains it to Eddie in Chapter 15?
(a) He knew Gasher would not harm Jake.
(b) He knew Gasher would kill Roland if he refused.
(c) He knew Gasher meant to kill them all.
(d) He knew Gasher would kill Susannah if he refused.
3. How long is it before Roland and his friends reach the outskirts of Lud?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What does Eddie say jokes are supposed to make you do in Chapter 2?
(a) Think critically.
(b) Be amused.
(c) Think around corners.
(d) Have fun.
5. What does Susannah believe the speakers broadcasting the drum back beat were originally used for?
(a) Announcements and propoganda during the war.
(c) Music for festivals.
(d) Crowd control.
6. How does Susannah believe the people of River Crossing look at Roland in Chapter 13?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a king.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a saint.
7. Why does Jake briefly think about stepping on a trigger to a boobytrap in Chapter 19?
(a) Because it has to be better than what Gasher has planned for him.
(b) He wants to kill Gasher.
(c) He hopes it will make things safer for Roland and the others.
(d) He hopes it will alert Roland to his location.
8. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) A marble fountain.
(b) A trailer house.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A school bus.
9. How long does Blaine tell Roland and his friends they have until the poisonous gas will be released in Lud in Chapter 39?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Six minutes.
10. Why does Roland insist they must split up in Chapter 15?
(a) They must continue with their journey no matter what.
(b) They cannot take Susannah into Gasher's maze.
(c) They cannot leave Oy alone.
(d) Only Roland can save Jake.
11. How much time is left when Susannah begins entering the combination to open Blaine gate in Chapter 3?
(a) Fifty seconds.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) Three minutes.
12. What does Eddie believe caused the crash?
(a) The plane ran out of gas.
(b) The plane was hit with lightning.
(c) The plane was hit by gunfire.
(d) The plane ran into a storm.
13. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Walter.
(b) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(c) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(d) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
14. What does Oy tell Roland in Chapter 29 about the people in the room?
(a) What they are wearing.
(b) How many weapons they have.
(c) How many there are.
15. What song does Eddie believe is the back beat they can hear playing in Lud in Chapter 4?
(a) Sharp Dressed Man.
(b) Sleeping Bag.
(d) Velcro Fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls over the edge of the bridge in Chapter 12?
2. How do Jake and Roland find their way to Susannah and Eddie in Chapter 38?
3. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
4. What story does Eddie want Roland to tell in Chapter 6?
5. What conclusion does Jake come to about Blaine during his dream in Chapter 16?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)