|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train conductor in Lud.
(b) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
(c) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
(d) The train mechanic in Lud.
2. Who figures out the answer to Blaine's riddle in Chapter 3?
(a) Odetta Walker.
3. What is a way-gog?
(a) A musical instrument like the bagpipes.
(b) A game.
(c) A type of animal.
(d) A machine that monitors the health of the monorail.
4. What does Susannah suddenly realize was left behind in Chapter 4?
(a) Her sling.
(b) Her gun belt.
(c) Her wheelchair.
(d) Her gun.
5. What movie does Jake recall watching as he descends deeper under the city of Lud in Chapter 25?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
6. What does Roland mentally scream at Jake to do in Chapter 32?
(a) Open the door.
(b) Save Oy.
(c) Kill Tick-Tock Man.
7. What does Jake find beneath the fist-and-thunderbolt symbol on the side of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) A Red Cross.
(b) A picture of Aunt Talitha.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A swastika.
8. What does Gasher stop to show Jake in Chapter 19?
(a) A marble fountain.
(b) A trailer house.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A school bus.
9. Why does Gasher make Jake sing in Chapter 25?
(a) To announce their arrival to Tick-Tock Man.
(b) To entertain Gasher.
(c) To keep the haunts that live in the machines away.
(d) To throw Roland off their trail.
10. How does Blaine explain in Chapter 5 the images Roland and his friends are able to see, as though the train's walls have vanished?
(a) It is pictures taken by satellite.
(b) It is all computer generated.
(c) It is an optical illusion.
(d) It is a new technology.
11. Where did Eddie and Roland get the Keflex pills they give to Jake in Chapter 1?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
12. What is the password Gasher has Jake read from a piece of paper in Chapter 25?
(d) Peg leg.
13. Who is Patricia?
(a) A waitress who worked on Blaine the train.
(b) A monorail that ran the opposite direction as Blaine.
(c) The conductor of Blaine the train.
(d) A monorail that ran the same line as Blaine.
14. What do Roland and his friends find in the cockpit of the plane in Chapter 1?
(a) The mummified remains of Jack Mort.
(b) The mummified remains of Walter.
(c) The mummified remains of David Quick.
(d) The mummified remains of Andrew Quick.
15. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie see that he thinks is Blaine in Chapter 6?
2. To what machines does Tick-Tock Man compare the feeling in his head in Chapter 40?
3. What warning does Maud give to Susannah in Chapter 25?
4. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
5. What does Tick-Tock Man want Jake to give him as a gift?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)