|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 5, Chapters 1 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blaine?
(a) The train mechanic in Lud.
(b) The train conductor in Lud.
(c) A train that runs northeast through Lud.
(d) A train that runs southeast through Lud.
2. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
(b) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(c) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(d) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
3. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
4. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will find his killer.
(b) He will return to Roland.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will regain his sanity.
5. How does Roland say he knows they are being followed in Chapter 2?
(a) He noticed the odd behavior of the animals.
(b) He smells people.
(c) He saw smoke.
(d) He has seen people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Mansion?
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
3. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
4. What does the billy-bumbler in Chapter 1 say in response to Jake's question, How are you?
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)