|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the riddle book Jake has just bought as seen in Chapter 14?
(a) The first pages.
(b) The middle pages.
(c) The riddles.
(d) The answers.
2. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
(a) Roland told him.
(b) The pretzel vendor only sells bottles.
(c) It was the day he died, he had lived it before.
(d) He is psychic.
3. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) The Bookworm.
(c) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
4. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken tooth.
(b) A rose.
(c) A gun.
(d) The shape of a key.
5. What is ka?
(a) Roland's world in High Speech.
(b) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(c) A map in High Speech.
(d) A destiny shared in High Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
2. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
3. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
4. Who are the Old People?
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)