|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) The approach of a stranger.
(b) Crashing trees.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Answering gunshots.
2. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Susannah's world.
(b) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(c) In Eddie's world.
(d) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
3. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It is missing both eyes.
(b) It has a large tumor.
(c) It has an extra mouth.
(d) It has a radar-like dish on it.
4. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
(b) New Orleans, 2004.
(c) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(d) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
5. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) It is all gone.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) This is crazy.
(d) Everything is still here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
2. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
3. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
4. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
5. What does the boy in Chapter 3 warn Jake not to do?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)