|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake think is important about the key he has found in Chapter 17?
(a) The s shape at the base.
(b) The c shape at the tip.
(c) The s shape at the tip.
(d) The c shape at the base.
2. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(b) He will be hit by a car.
(c) He will win a literary prize.
(d) He will die in Roland's world.
3. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother.
(b) A beautiful young woman.
(c) Old Star.
(d) Old Mother's daughter.
4. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(b) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(c) Roland's ancestors.
(d) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
5. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He feels a need to protect it.
(b) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(c) He feels it is dangerous to him.
(d) He wants to take it to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
2. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
3. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
4. What is ka?
5. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)