|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) The Stand.
(c) The Hobbit.
2. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake was never there.
(b) Jake was pushed by someone else.
(c) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(d) Jake fell accidentally.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
4. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will be hit by a car.
(b) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(c) He will win a literary prize.
(d) He will die in Roland's world.
5. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
(a) This is his nickname for her.
(b) This is her real name.
(c) This is a name used to anger her and get her attention.
(d) This is the first name he knew her by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Drawers according to Susannah?
2. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
3. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
4. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
5. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)