|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a palaver?
(a) A type of hat Roland wears.
(b) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) A position in the household of a magician.
2. How long does Jake believe, in Chapter 5, he will be gone?
(a) A month.
(b) For good.
(c) A day.
(d) A year.
3. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A mother bear.
(b) A toy.
(c) A phantom from another world.
(d) A robot.
4. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) To express its use as a book title.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
5. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's mother.
(b) Eddie's cousin.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
2. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
3. Who is Mir?
4. What name does Jake call the rose in Chapter 18?
5. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)