|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a palaver?
(a) A position in the household of a magician.
(b) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(c) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(d) A type of hat Roland wears.
2. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(b) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
(c) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(d) Roland's ancestors.
3. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(c) The Hobbit.
(d) The Stand.
4. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(a) Garfield the Cat.
(b) King Kong.
(d) Yogi Bear.
5. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(b) Jake was never there.
(c) Jake fell accidentally.
(d) Jake was pushed by someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
2. What shape does Eddie draw in the dirt in Chapter 17?
3. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
4. How does Susannah travel with Eddie and Roland in Chapter 7?
5. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)