|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A potential tool.
(b) A shape waiting to be carved.
(c) A potential weapon.
(d) A walking stick waiting to be used.
2. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) A bomb going off in the distance.
(b) Answering gunshots.
(c) The approach of a stranger.
(d) Crashing trees.
3. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The bear.
(c) The lion.
(d) The fish.
4. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(b) He will be hit by a car.
(c) He will die in Roland's world.
(d) He will win a literary prize.
5. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
(b) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(c) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(d) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake realize in Chapter 4 is the answer to Aaron Deepneau's riddle?
2. Who is Mir?
3. Who was Gloria?
4. What is written on the stone marker Jake sees in a dream in Chapter 3?
5. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)