|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a palaver?
(a) A position in the household of a magician.
(b) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
(c) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(d) A type of hat Roland wears.
2. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Goodnight Moon.
(b) Lord of the Flies.
(c) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
3. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will win a literary prize.
(b) He will be hit by a car.
(c) He will die in Roland's world.
(d) He will graduate from sixth grade.
4. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A toy.
(b) A phantom from another world.
(c) A robot.
(d) A mother bear.
5. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) His French teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
2. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
3. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
4. How old is Jake in Chapter 1?
5. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)