|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Eddie's world.
(b) In Susannah's world.
(c) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(d) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
2. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has a radar-like dish on it.
(b) It has a large tumor.
(c) It has an extra mouth.
(d) It is missing both eyes.
3. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
(a) A broken tooth.
(b) A key.
(c) A rose.
(d) A gun.
4. What two pictures has Jake pasted to the front of his Final Essay as revealed in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog and a cat.
(b) A beach and a desert.
(c) A door in London and an Amtrack train.
(d) A closet and a bus station.
5. What was Eddie's drug of choice in his life in 1980's New York?
(a) Crystal Meth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
2. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
3. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
4. Who is waiting for Jake in Chapter 17 when he arrives home?
5. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)