|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie show Roland that he has been carving in Chapter 1?
(a) A bear.
(b) A key.
(c) A rose.
(d) A doll.
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(b) Roland and Susannah together.
3. Who is Walter?
(a) The man in black, Roland's nemesis.
(b) Roland's best friend.
(c) The man in white, Roland's teacher.
(d) Roland's brother.
4. What does a billy-bumbler look like as described in Chapter 7?
(a) A cross between an elephant and a bear.
(b) A cross between a cat and a dog.
(c) A cross between a badger and a raccoon.
(d) A cross between a squirrel and a bird.
5. What is the subject of Jake's Final Essay in English Comp as stated in Chapter 2?
(a) My Best Friend.
(b) My Summer Vacation.
(c) My Understanding of Truth.
(d) My Understanding of Honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Old People?
2. What is the Drawers according to Roland?
3. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
4. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
5. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)