|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(b) The Stand.
(c) The Hobbit.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
2. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(a) King Kong.
(b) Garfield the Cat.
(c) Yogi Bear.
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
(a) He will find his killer.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will return to Roland.
(d) He will regain his sanity.
4. What is ka?
(a) Roland's world in High Speech.
(b) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(c) A map in High Speech.
(d) A destiny shared in High Speech.
5. What is a palaver?
(a) A type of hat Roland wears.
(b) A position in the household of a magician.
(c) To discuss a specific subject on a specific day with your friends.
(d) To have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
2. Where is the Great Portal?
3. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
4. What book is Aaron Deepneau reading in Chapters 12-15?
5. Where does Roland tell Susannah and Eddie he once met Jake in Chapter 14?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)