|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) To express its use as a book title.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
2. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
3. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The hand of her father.
(b) The face of her father.
(c) The support of her father.
(d) The love of her father.
4. What novel does the English Comp teacher ask her students to read over the summer in Chapter 3?
(a) Lord of the Flies.
(b) The Stand.
(d) The Hobbit.
5. Where does Roland tell Eddie and Susannah Jake is from in Chapter 14?
(a) New York between 1963 and 1987.
(b) New Orleans, 2004.
(c) Chicago between 1990 and 2000.
(d) San Francisco between 1970 and 1990.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
2. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
3. Where is the Great Portal?
4. What is the first thing Eddie sees in Chapter 17 as Walter's jawbone burns in the fire?
5. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)