|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 1 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Under the mountains.
(b) In Eddie's world.
(c) In Jake's world.
(d) On the beach.
2. What is ka?
(a) Roland's world in High Speech.
(b) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(c) A map in High Speech.
(d) A destiny shared in High Speech.
3. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is hearing voices in his head.
(b) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(c) He is not sleeping.
(d) He is seeing people who are not there.
4. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A phantom from another world.
(b) A mother bear.
(c) A robot.
(d) A toy.
5. What is unusual about Mir's head?
(a) It has an extra mouth.
(b) It has a radar-like dish on it.
(c) It has a large tumor.
(d) It is missing both eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ka-tet?
2. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
3. How did Jake know in Chapter 5 that the pretzel vendor would drink a bottle of Yoo-hoo as opposed to a can?
4. Where is the Great Portal?
5. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)