|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
2. What is ka?
(a) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
3. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A tent.
(c) A tree.
(d) A hut.
4. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) To express its use as a book title.
5. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create Roland's world.
(c) To create Susannah's world.
(d) To create the Twelve Guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
2. Who was Gloria?
3. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
4. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
5. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)