|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(b) A stranger.
2. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A hut.
(c) A tent.
(d) A tree.
3. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) Because it is the title of a song.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express its use as a book title.
(d) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
4. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Star.
(b) Old Mother's daughter.
(c) Old Mother.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
5. Why does Roland believe he is going insane in Chapter1?
(a) He is hearing voices in his head.
(b) He is not sleeping.
(c) He is having dreams of dual memories.
(d) He is seeing people who are not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
2. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
3. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
4. Who is Mir?
5. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)