|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(b) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
2. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake fell accidentally.
(b) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake was pushed by someone else.
3. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Old Mother.
(c) Old Mother's daughter.
(d) Old Star.
4. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
5. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
2. What is unusual about Mir's head?
3. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)