|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gloria?
(a) Eddie's cousin.
(b) Eddie's mother.
(c) Eddie's sister.
(d) Eddie's aunt.
2. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry had a frail ego.
(b) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(c) Henry would have beat him up.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
3. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(b) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(c) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
(d) The voice encourages him to do better.
4. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A hut.
(c) A tree.
(d) A tent.
5. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(b) Roland and Susannah together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
2. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
3. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
4. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
5. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)