|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
(a) In Susannah's world.
(b) Off center of one of the Twelve Portals.
(c) The center of six lines that connect the Twelve Portals.
(d) In Eddie's world.
2. What is ka?
(a) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
3. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create Roland's world.
(c) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(d) To create Susannah's world.
4. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(b) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
5. Who are the Old People?
(a) The people who live in nursing homes throughout Roland's world.
(b) Roland's ancestors.
(c) The people who once tortured Susannah.
(d) Long gone people who once lived in Roland's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
2. Who is Mir?
3. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
4. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)