|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
2. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(b) Henry was his big brother.
(c) Henry had a frail ego.
(d) Henry would have beat him up.
3. What does Eddie often see when he looks at a piece of wood?
(a) A walking stick waiting to be used.
(b) A potential tool.
(c) A shape waiting to be carved.
(d) A potential weapon.
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
5. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) In Eddie's world.
(b) In Jake's world.
(c) Under the mountains.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
2. Where is the Great Portal?
3. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
4. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
5. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)