|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A robot.
(b) A mother bear.
(c) A phantom from another world.
(d) A toy.
2. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
3. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create Susannah's world.
4. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Crashing trees.
(b) Answering gunshots.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) The approach of a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
5. What is unusual about Mir's head?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)