|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Two years.
2. What is ka?
(a) A map in High Speech.
(b) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(c) Roland's world in High Speech.
(d) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
3. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(b) To express its use as a book title.
(c) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
4. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
5. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
(a) Yogi Bear.
(c) King Kong.
(d) Garfield the Cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
3. Who are the Old People?
4. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
5. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)