|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
(a) A toy.
(b) A mother bear.
(c) A robot.
(d) A phantom from another world.
2. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A toy gun.
(c) A bear.
(d) A slingshot.
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
4. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) The approach of a stranger.
(c) A bomb going off in the distance.
(d) Crashing trees.
5. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create Susannah's world.
(c) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(d) To create Roland's world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
2. What does Eddie often see in a piece of wood?
3. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
4. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
5. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)