|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The face of her father.
(b) The hand of her father.
(c) The love of her father.
(d) The support of her father.
2. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
(c) A stranger.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
4. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who now live in the stars.
(b) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(c) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(d) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
5. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(b) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
3. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
4. What does Susannah call the men who once tortured her as discussed in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Roland call Susannah Odetta in Chapter 1?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)