|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(d) Roland and Susannah together.
2. Where does Eddie hide from the bear in Chapter 5?
(a) A tree.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A tent.
(d) A hut.
3. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(b) Disney's Mary Poppins.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(d) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
4. Where does Roland claim he killed Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Under the mountains.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In Eddie's world.
(d) In Jake's world.
5. Why does Eddie decide he could never be better at anything than Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry had a frail ego.
(b) Henry would have beat him up.
(c) Henry would have stopped watching out for Eddie.
(d) Henry was his big brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
2. Where is the Great Portal?
3. Who finally shoots and kills Mir in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 9, what do Roland and his friends realize the bear was?
5. What game did Henry teach Eddie to play as he tells the reader in Chapter 3?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)