|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
(a) The voice ridicules him for not doing better.
(b) The voice calls him weak, a sissy for carving.
(c) The voice encourages him to do better.
(d) The voice tells him how beautiful his work is.
2. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(b) Infectious muscus.
3. What is ka?
(a) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(b) A map in High Speech.
(c) Roland's world in High Speech.
(d) A destiny shared in High Speech.
4. Who does Roland say the Great Old Ones were in Chapter 12?
(a) People who built the world Roland now lives in.
(b) People who now live in the stars.
(c) People who destroyed Roland's family.
(d) People who had almost the knowledge of gods.
5. Who is the first person Susannah thinks of in Chapter 1 as she listens to the falling trees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Eddie hear in his head as he carves in Chapter 3?
2. How much older than he is Eddie's brother?
3. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
4. What is Eddie carving in Chapter 4?
5. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)