|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound draws Susannah and Roland away from shooting practice in Chapter 1?
(a) Answering gunshots.
(b) A bomb going off in the distance.
(c) The approach of a stranger.
(d) Crashing trees.
2. Why does the author capitalize the phrase, Watch Out for Eddie repeatedly in Chapter 3?
(a) To express its use as a book title.
(b) Because the author wants the reader to be sure to see it.
(c) To express the importance of this role in Henry's childhood.
(d) Because it is the title of a song.
3. What comes out of the bear's nose each time it sneezes in Chapter 2?
(b) Infectious muscus.
4. In her shooting lessons in Chapter 1, what has Susannah forgotten if she aims with her hand?
(a) The support of her father.
(b) The hand of her father.
(c) The love of her father.
(d) The face of her father.
5. Upon what books does Stephen King say he based the Dark Tower Series in the Introduction of this novel?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.
(b) Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
(c) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara.
(d) Disney's Mary Poppins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
2. What does Roland hope to find at the Great Portal as he tells Eddie and Susannah in Chapter 12?
3. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
4. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
5. What is the voice Eddie hears in his head as he carves saying to him?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)