|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 4, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will win a literary prize.
(b) He will be hit by a car.
(c) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(d) He will die in Roland's world.
2. What is the name of the bookstore Jake visits in Chapters 12-13?
(a) The Bookworm.
(b) The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind.
(d) Tom and Gerry's Artistic Booksellers.
3. Why does Jake follow the two boys in Chapter 22, Henry and Eddie?
(a) Because he wants to help protect Eddie from his mean brother.
(b) Because Eddie is the guide from his dreams.
(c) Because he wants to play with them.
(d) Because he wants to rescue Maryanne.
4. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
(b) Doors to his world.
(c) Doors to other deminsions.
(d) Doors to other countries.
5. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The maid.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) A nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Great Portal?
2. What rhythmic sound does Roland and his friends hear as they continue down the Great Road in Chapter 19?
3. What famous animal does Eddie compare Mir to when he first sees it in Chapter 5?
4. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Aunt Talitha believe the people of Lud would like to keep Jake in Chapter 10?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)