|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 4, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The bear.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The fish.
(d) The lion.
2. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Roland and Susannah together.
4. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) Old Mother.
(b) Old Mother's daughter.
(c) A beautiful young woman.
(d) Old Star.
5. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Beams.
(b) To create Susannah's world.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create the Twelve Guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
2. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
3. What does Jake hope will happen each time he walks through a door?
4. What does Roland call the bison like animals that Jake sees in Chapter 2?
5. For what company does Bob work in the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo as revealed in Chapter 22?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)