|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 4, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to two buildings on the outskirts of the town Roland and his friends come to in Chapter 4?
(a) They have fallen to ruin.
(b) They have exploded.
(c) They have been burned.
(d) They have been abandoned.
2. What book in Jake's room catches Mrs. Shaw's attention in Chapter 20?
(a) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Charlie the Choo-Choo.
(d) Lord of the Flies.
3. What does Eddie believe the Twelve Portals are?
(a) Doors to other deminsions.
(b) Doors to his world.
(c) Doors to other countries.
(d) Doors to the center of Roland's world.
4. What significant event happened to or will happen to Jake on May 9th as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) He will win a literary prize.
(b) He will graduate from sixth grade.
(c) He will die in Roland's world.
(d) He will be hit by a car.
5. What is ka?
(a) A map in High Speech.
(b) A destiny shared in High Speech.
(c) It signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny in High Speech.
(d) Roland's world in High Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
2. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
3. What is The Mansion?
4. What is unusual about Mir's head?
5. What does Susannah think the speaking ring looks like in Chapter 23?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)