|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 4, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other memory does Roland talk of having about Jake in Chapter 13?
(a) Jake fell accidentally.
(b) Jake jumped intentionally to his death.
(c) Jake was never there.
(d) Jake was pushed by someone else.
2. Why does Roland build a fire in Chapter 17?
(a) To cook on.
(b) For Eddie to carve by.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) To keep the animals away.
3. What animal is features in the poem Jake reads on a sign in Chapter 16?
4. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants to gaze at its beauty.
(b) He wants to take it to his mother.
(c) He feels a need to protect it.
(d) He feels it is dangerous to him.
5. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) A nanny.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Jake been fighting the rising madness inside him as stated in Chapter 1?
2. Who is first to hear the approaching bear as described in Chapter 5?
3. What did Henry steal from the girl Maryanne in Chapter 21?
4. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
5. What does Susannah think in Chapter 3 made Roland turn inward on himself?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)