|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 4, Chapters 1 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake repeat to himself over and over as he walks in an empty lot in Chapter 16?
(a) This is crazy.
(b) Leave me alone.
(c) Everything is still here.
(d) It is all gone.
2. Which guardian does Roland talk about in a poem taught him by his nursemaid?
(a) The turtle.
(b) The fish.
(c) The lion.
(d) The bear.
3. In the story told in Chapter 10 about Old Star and Old Mother, who was Cassiopeia?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Old Mother.
(c) Old Mother's daughter.
(d) Old Star.
4. What did Hax tell Roland was the last act of the Great Old Ones?
(a) To create the Twelve Guardians.
(b) To create the Beams.
(c) To create Roland's world.
(d) To create Susannah's world.
5. Who is Mrs. Shaw?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The maid.
(d) A nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old woman afraid Roland and his friends are in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Jake turn on his father in Chapter 17?
3. What is ka?
4. Why is Jake reluctant to leave the rose in Chapter 18?
5. What is the name of the school Jake attends?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)