Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 1-3
• Roland teaches Susannah to shot a gun.
• Roland uses past memories to help Susannah get in touch with her anger to help her learn to use the gun better.
• A bear has terrorized the great west woods for centuries.
• The bear, Mir, is headed for Roland, Susannah, and Eddie's camp.
• Eddie is carving again.
• Eddie recalls how his parents pressured his brother to watch over him because of the death of their sister.
• Eddie recalls giving up things he liked, carving and basketball, because his brother disliked them.
Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 4 - 13
• Eddie climbs a tree to escape the approaching bear.
• Susannah and Roland arrive just as the bear is attempting to get Eddie out of the tree.
• Roland instructs Susannah how and where to shoot the bear.
• Roland has a vision of a young boy that he does not know the identity of...
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)