|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
(a) A feast.
(b) A service.
(c) A high seat with a cushion.
(d) An informal social greeting time.
2. Who does Karsefni and his crew pick up on their way home?
(a) Some men that abandoned Thorhall when he left to sail home.
(b) Two native boys.
(c) The body of Thorvald.
(d) Wrecked sailors.
3. Why does Gudrid not want to help Thorbjorg?
(a) She considers the work beneath her.
(b) Because she is a Christian.
(c) She is shy.
(d) Thorbjorg scares her.
4. What happens on the trip to Greenland?
(a) The death of Orm and his wife.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) All of the above.
5. What first attracts Einar to Gudrid?
(a) Her humor.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karlsefni offer Eirik to cheer him up?
2. What does Gudrid do for Thorbjorg?
3. Why is Thorbjorn not in the house during Thorbjorg's visit?
4. How does Freydis get left behind?
5. What does Leif find on his way home from Vinland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction do Gudrid and Thorbjorg have together?
2. How does a fight break out between Karlsefni's men and the natives? Describe the sequence of events leading up to Karlsefni and his men fleeing.
3. How and why does Einar pursue Gudrid in marriage?
4. Describe the first two encounters that Karlsefni and his men have with the natives.
5. Explain Sigrid's vision, including where she was when she had it and the three individuals in her vision she identifies.
6. Summarize the part Thorhall plays in the expedition to Vinland, including how it ends for both him and Karlsefni.
7. What prophecy does Gudrid hear about her future? Who tells her this future?
8. Explain what happens during Thorstein and Eirik's trip to Vinland, and what they do for the crew at the end of it.
9. Explain why the small boat on Bjarni's ship would not sink while the large one was about to.
10. When food runs scarce, Thorhall disappears for three days. How and where do Karlsefni and Bjarni find him? What does he say he was doing?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)