|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Karlsefni and his men spend the next winter?
(a) At an abandoned native settlement.
(b) In houses they build near the lake.
(c) In the houses Leif built.
(d) On the ship.
2. Who gives Gudrid the prophecy about her future?
(a) The overseer.
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) A prophetess in a dream.
(d) The corpse of Sigrid.
3. In Eirik's saga, how does Leif encounter Vinland?
(a) Thorgunna tells him where it is.
(b) He follows an ancient trade route.
(c) He is chased by pirates, and finds it while fleeing from them.
(d) He is blown off course when he returns from Norway.
4. What makes Karlsefni decide to leave Vinland?
(a) Gudrid misses the people at Brattahlid.
(b) The group has lost too many men.
(c) They have enough supplies to make them rich.
(d) He realizes a settlement will never have peace from the natives.
5. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
(a) The corpses of herself and Thorstein Eriksson.
(b) A line of corpses outside the house.
(c) Gardi trying to flog others with a whip.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Karlsefni and his men meet the natives?
2. What do the natives have an use that impresses Karlsefni and his men?
3. What is the woman Thorbjorg by trade?
4. Why is Thorbjorn not in the house during Thorbjorg's visit?
5. What does the king of Norway ask Leif to do upon his return to Greenland?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)