|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gudrid not want to help Thorbjorg?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She considers the work beneath her.
(c) Because she is a Christian.
(d) Thorbjorg scares her.
2. What does the glittering thing turn out to be?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A uniped.
(c) A streak of gold.
(d) Metal armor.
3. What trouble is there with with Sigrid's corpse?
(a) It keeps trying to get into bed with Thorstein Eriksson.
(b) It smelled terrible in the small house.
(c) It kept telling false prophecies.
(d) It was too large.
4. What does Thorbjorg tell Gudrid?
(a) She will start and great and eminent family line.
(b) Her paths all lead to Iceland.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She will make a distinguished marriage that will not last long.
5. How were the men split between Karlsefni and Thorhall?
(a) Only nine men wanted to go with Thorhall, the rest with Karlsefni.
(b) Karlsefni split the men so half would go with each ship.
(c) The Christians wanted to go with Karlsefni, the others withThorhall.
(d) None of the men wanted to go with Thorhall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leif find in Vinland?
2. What did Haki and Hekja leave to do?
3. What happens with the uniped after Thorvald dies?
4. Why does Leif deny Thorgunna what she asks of him?
5. Where do Karlsefni and his men spend the next winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Einar pursue Gudrid in marriage?
2. Describe Thorhall and explain why he is on the expedition to Vinland.
3. What happens when a native finds an axe near one of the fallen Vikings?
4. Summarize the part Thorhall plays in the expedition to Vinland, including how it ends for both him and Karlsefni.
5. Explain the interchange between Bjarni and the young Icelander. What are the circumstances and what is the result?
6. Describe the first two encounters that Karlsefni and his men have with the natives.
7. Explain why the small boat on Bjarni's ship would not sink while the large one was about to.
8. What future does Thorbjorg predict for Gudrid?
9. Explain Sigrid's vision, including where she was when she had it and the three individuals in her vision she identifies.
10. What is the relationship between Thorbjorn and Orm? How does it change with events?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)