|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Haki and Hekja leave to do?
(a) Report on the settlements sighted to the north.
(b) Start making a map of the area.
(c) Explore the country to the south.
(d) Find fresh water.
2. Who gives Gudrid the prophecy about her future?
(a) The corpse of Sigrid.
(b) A prophetess in a dream.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) The overseer.
3. What is morale like the last Winter in Vinland?
(a) Worried about the other ship and Thorhall.
(b) Everyone is depressed at losing Thorvald.
(c) Fights keep breaking out.
(d) Sad to be leaving this rich land.
4. What washes up on the shore over the winter when they are hungry?
(a) An abandoned ship.
(b) A whale.
(c) Six sea lions.
(d) None of the above.
5. What is the nature of the Christmas feast Eirik the Red served Karlsefni and company?
(a) Lavish and beyond what most people had seen before.
(c) Identical to what he served for his son's wedding.
(d) Stately and respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thorbjorn decide to travel to Greenland with Eirik the Red?
2. Where does Thorhall end up?
3. How were the men split between Karlsefni and Thorhall?
4. What does Gudrid do after Thorbjorn Vifilsson dies?
5. What does Leif find on his way home from Vinland?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)