|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorbjorg tell Gudrid?
(a) Her paths all lead to Iceland.
(b) She will make a distinguished marriage that will not last long.
(c) She will start and great and eminent family line.
(d) All of the above.
2. Why is Thorbjorn not in the house during Thorbjorg's visit?
(a) He is arranging Gudrid's marriage.
(b) He would not stay to see such pagan practices.
(c) He is afraid of Thorbjorg.
(d) He is hunting.
3. What do Haki and Hekja come back with?
(a) Grapes and wild wheat.
(b) Reports of a great bay.
(c) Arrowheads and pottery.
(d) A skin of fresh water.
4. Why does Leif travel to the Hebrides?
(a) He had to leave because of some killings.
(b) On a mission from King Olaf Tryggvason.
(c) In search of new lands.
(d) He was blown off course on his way to Norway.
5. What does Eirik offer the traders in return for their generosity?
(a) To stay the winter at Brattahlid.
(b) Land near his home in Greenland.
(c) Gudrid's hand in marriage.
(d) His sons as fellow voyagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Karlsefni decide to leave Vinland?
2. Who was Thorhall?
3. What does the uniped do to Thorvald?
4. What is Karlsefni's mother's first impression of Gudrid?
5. What do Karlsefni and his men see from their ship that make them think they have traveled as far from Straumfjord this way as they had the other way?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)