|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people could fit in the small boat they had?
(a) All but ten.
(b) All of them, but then no food or water.
(c) Only about ten.
(d) Half the people on board.
2. Who speaks to Bjarni when Bjarni gets on the life boat?
(a) A scared little girl.
(b) A young Icelander who had traveled with Bjarni.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) The mother of three small children.
3. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
(a) A line of corpses outside the house.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The corpses of herself and Thorstein Eriksson.
(d) Gardi trying to flog others with a whip.
4. How were the men split between Karlsefni and Thorhall?
(a) Only nine men wanted to go with Thorhall, the rest with Karlsefni.
(b) Karlsefni split the men so half would go with each ship.
(c) The Christians wanted to go with Karlsefni, the others withThorhall.
(d) None of the men wanted to go with Thorhall.
5. Who was Thorhall?
(a) A swarthy huntsman.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A close friend of Eirik's.
(d) A cantankerous and unpopular trouble-maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Haki and Hekja come back with?
2. What kills many people while Thorstein and Gudrid are in Lysufjord?
3. What does Eirik offer the traders in return for their generosity?
4. What does Karlsefni offer Eirik to cheer him up?
5. What does the king of Norway ask Leif to do upon his return to Greenland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction do Gudrid and Thorbjorg have together?
2. How does a fight break out between Karlsefni's men and the natives? Describe the sequence of events leading up to Karlsefni and his men fleeing.
3. Explain what happens during Thorstein and Eirik's trip to Vinland, and what they do for the crew at the end of it.
4. What prophecy does Gudrid hear about her future? Who tells her this future?
5. What does the corpse of Thorstein Eriksson say about the dead? What do the people do after hearing it?
6. What does Eirik the Red do upon departing for Vinland that he suspects causes him to fall off his horse? What does he do to resolve it?
7. How does Freydis drive away the natives giving chase?
8. What is the relationship between Thorbjorn and Orm? How does it change with events?
9. Describe Thorbjorn's trip to Greenland. Include who he is with and what happens.
10. Explain the encounter with the uniped.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)