|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eirik's saga, how does Leif encounter Vinland?
(a) He follows an ancient trade route.
(b) He is chased by pirates, and finds it while fleeing from them.
(c) He is blown off course when he returns from Norway.
(d) Thorgunna tells him where it is.
2. What does the uniped do when it sees Karlsefni and the men?
(a) Comes bounding towards them.
(b) Dives into the water.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Dresses itself in armor.
3. How do the natives come the second time they visit Karsefni and his men?
(a) More kids arrive on foot from a nearby settlement.
(b) A great horde of them approach by boat from the South.
(c) More traveling families arrive as they follow the river.
(d) Native men arrive by dogsled.
4. What drives the natives away from their second visit?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A running and bellowing bull.
(c) One of Karlsefni's men gets angry in a trade dispute.
(d) An incoming storm.
5. Why does Eirik get depressed as Christmas draws near when he has guests staying at Brattahlid?
(a) Marital problems.
(b) He misses his son Thorstein.
(c) He only has supplies to provide a meager Christmas for his guests.
(d) He is reminded of his banishment from Iceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
2. Who speaks to Bjarni when Bjarni gets on the life boat?
3. Why is Thorbjorg invited to the feast at Herjolfsness.
4. What does Eirik offer the traders in return for their generosity?
5. Why does Thorbjorn decide to travel to Greenland with Eirik the Red?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)