|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the natives come the second time they visit Karsefni and his men?
(a) More traveling families arrive as they follow the river.
(b) A great horde of them approach by boat from the South.
(c) Native men arrive by dogsled.
(d) More kids arrive on foot from a nearby settlement.
2. Where does Thorhall announce he wants to go as he hoists the sail to part company with Karlsefni?
(a) Into the wilderness and away from the Christians.
(b) To claim the best land as his own.
(c) Back to their countrymen at home.
3. What does Karlsefni offer Eirik to cheer him up?
(a) To become like a son to him.
(b) None of the above.
(c) To use want he wanted from their cargos for Christmas feast.
(d) To take him on his next journey.
4. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A line of corpses outside the house.
(c) Gardi trying to flog others with a whip.
(d) The corpses of herself and Thorstein Eriksson.
5. Who initializes the marriage between Karlsefni and Gudrid?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Eirik the Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bjarni choose who gets to go in the life boat?
2. What was the general division of people between the two ships that travel with Karlsefni to Vinland?
3. How were the men split between Karlsefni and Thorhall?
4. What is Thorbjorn's reaction when he hears of the potential match for Gudrid?
5. Where do Karlsefni and his men spend the next winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Leif's parents, Eirik the Red and Thjodhild, take to Christianity?
2. Explain the encounter with the uniped.
3. Explain Sigrid's vision, including where she was when she had it and the three individuals in her vision she identifies.
4. How does Karlsefni's mother feel about Gudrid when she meets her and how does that change over time?
5. What happens with the whale? Why do people refuse to eat it?
6. Explain why the small boat on Bjarni's ship would not sink while the large one was about to.
7. What future does Thorbjorg predict for Gudrid?
8. Describe who Thorbjorg is and what her behavior is like when she arrives at Herjolfsness.
9. Describe Thorhall and explain why he is on the expedition to Vinland.
10. What happens when a native finds an axe near one of the fallen Vikings?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)