|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Haki and Hekja come back with?
(a) Reports of a great bay.
(b) Grapes and wild wheat.
(c) Arrowheads and pottery.
(d) A skin of fresh water.
2. What does the uniped do when it sees Karlsefni and the men?
(a) Dives into the water.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Comes bounding towards them.
(d) Dresses itself in armor.
3. How does Freydis get left behind?
(a) She is pregnant and can't keep up when they flee.
(b) She claims the natives are friendly.
(c) She wants to stay and fight the natives.
(d) She refuses to leave the safety of the ship.
4. Who is Thorgunna?
(a) The queen of Norway.
(b) Eirik the Red's sister.
(c) A wealthy widow who gives Leif a ship.
(d) The woman Leif falls in love with and the mother of his son.
5. What is Thorbjorn's reaction when he hears of the potential match for Gudrid?
(a) He laughs heartily.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He threatens to kill Einar.
(d) He ponders carefully but decides he can do better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Thorbjorn to Greenland?
2. How does Thorbjorn announce his departure to Greenland?
3. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
4. Why does Karlsefni decide to go to Vinland?
5. Who does Karsefni and his crew pick up on their way home?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)