|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman Thorbjorg by trade?
2. Who was Thorhall?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A swarthy huntsman.
(c) A close friend of Eirik's.
(d) A cantankerous and unpopular trouble-maker.
3. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
(a) A high seat with a cushion.
(b) An informal social greeting time.
(c) A service.
(d) A feast.
4. Why does Karlsefni sail North when he decides to leave Vinland?
(a) To ensure food as long as possible.
(b) To depart from their point of arrival.
(c) Because he wants to complete a map of the coast.
(d) To look for Thorhall.
5. What do Karlsefni and his men find when they stop for a fortnight when they sail south?
(a) A lake they can sail to up a river.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Streams teeming with fish.
(d) Wild wheat and grapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
2. What does Karlsefni offer Eirik to cheer him up?
3. How does Freydis get left behind?
4. What does Thorgunna send to Leif in Greenland?
5. What do Haki and Hekja come back with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thorbjorn's trip to Greenland. Include who he is with and what happens.
2. What does the corpse of Thorstein Eriksson say about the dead? What do the people do after hearing it?
3. How does a fight break out between Karlsefni's men and the natives? Describe the sequence of events leading up to Karlsefni and his men fleeing.
4. How do the two native boys describe the land that is across from their own land? Where might this be?
5. How and why does Einar pursue Gudrid in marriage?
6. What is the relationship between Thorbjorn and Orm? How does it change with events?
7. What kind of place to Karlsefni and his men settle in for their stay in Vinland?
8. How does Freydis drive away the natives giving chase?
9. How do Leif's parents, Eirik the Red and Thjodhild, take to Christianity?
10. What happens when a native finds an axe near one of the fallen Vikings?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)