|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thorhall end up?
(a) He stayed at the native settlement they had seen from a distance.
(b) He fled to the interior and was never seen again.
(c) Perished at sea.
(d) Enslaved in Ireland.
2. When do Karlsefni and his men see the natives again?
(a) When they find another native settlement.
(b) In the Spring.
(c) Again and again over the Winter.
(d) Not again for almost two years.
3. What trouble is there with with Sigrid's corpse?
(a) It was too large.
(b) It smelled terrible in the small house.
(c) It kept telling false prophecies.
(d) It keeps trying to get into bed with Thorstein Eriksson.
4. What is the nature of the Christmas feast Eirik the Red served Karlsefni and company?
(a) Identical to what he served for his son's wedding.
(b) Stately and respectful.
(d) Lavish and beyond what most people had seen before.
5. How does Thorvald know they have found rich country just before he dies?
(a) There is plenty of fat around his entrails.
(b) He sees the glittering streak of gold in the rocks.
(c) Unipeds only defend rich land.
(d) He notices the black color of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karlsefni and his natives do with the natives the second time they get visited?
2. What kills many people while Thorstein and Gudrid are in Lysufjord?
3. What did Haki and Hekja leave to do?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Gudrid's father?
5. Where does Thorstein's ship next put in to land after it leaves Eiriksfjord?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)