|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks to Bjarni when Bjarni gets on the life boat?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) The mother of three small children.
(c) A young Icelander who had traveled with Bjarni.
(d) A scared little girl.
2. Who initializes the marriage between Karlsefni and Gudrid?
(b) Eirik the Red.
(c) None of the above.
3. What kills many people while Thorstein and Gudrid are in Lysufjord?
(b) A terrible storm.
(c) A disease.
4. What does the uniped do when it sees Karlsefni and the men?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Dives into the water.
(c) Comes bounding towards them.
(d) Dresses itself in armor.
5. What is the woman Thorbjorg by trade?
6. What does Thorbjorg do for Gudrid?
(a) Promises the wealthiest man in the land.
(b) Blesses her.
(c) Makes her a beautiful dress.
(d) Tells her future.
7. Why does Leif travel to the Hebrides?
(a) In search of new lands.
(b) On a mission from King Olaf Tryggvason.
(c) He had to leave because of some killings.
(d) He was blown off course on his way to Norway.
8. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
(a) A high seat with a cushion.
(b) A feast.
(c) An informal social greeting time.
(d) A service.
9. What takes Thorstein Eriksson and Gudrid to Lysufjord?
(a) They are trying to reach Vinland.
(b) They jointly own a farm there with another Thorstein.
(c) To escape the wrath of their fathers.
(d) They were banished from the other settlement.
10. Who were Haki and Hekja?
(a) Boys who had been raised at Brattahlid.
(b) Two Scots given to Leif by the king of Norway.
(c) Two sailors who were also good runners.
(d) Icelandic friends of Karlsefni's.
11. Who goes on the next exploration of Vinland in Eirik's saga?
(a) Thorgunna and Thorstein Eiriksson.
(b) Thorstein and Leif.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Thorstein Eiriksson and Eirik the Red.
12. Who travels with Thorbjorn to Greenland?
(a) Three entire ships of people.
(b) About thrity friends.
(c) No one but Gudrid and his slaves.
13. What first attracts Einar to Gudrid?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her beauty.
14. What happens when Karlsefni and his men meet the natives?
(a) Karlsefni took them prisoner.
(b) They fought, and several of Karlsefni's men are killed.
(c) They stared at each other and then the natives left.
(d) Gudrid started converting them to Christianity.
15. How old was Karlsefni's son when they left Vinland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karlsefni and his men see from their ship that make them think they have traveled as far from Straumfjord this way as they had the other way?
2. Where does Thorhall end up?
3. What do the natives have an use that impresses Karlsefni and his men?
4. What is the nature of the Christmas feast Eirik the Red served Karlsefni and company?
5. Who is Thorfinn Karlsfni?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)