|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karlsefni and his natives do with the natives the second time they get visited?
(a) Karlsefni and his men show them their weapons.
(b) Karlsefni and his men give them gifts.
(c) The natives show them how to plant corn.
2. What washes up on the shore over the winter when they are hungry?
(a) An abandoned ship.
(b) A whale.
(c) Six sea lions.
(d) None of the above.
3. What drives the natives away from their second visit?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A running and bellowing bull.
(c) One of Karlsefni's men gets angry in a trade dispute.
(d) An incoming storm.
4. Why does Karlsefni sail North when he decides to leave Vinland?
(a) To look for Thorhall.
(b) To ensure food as long as possible.
(c) Because he wants to complete a map of the coast.
(d) To depart from their point of arrival.
5. What first attracts Einar to Gudrid?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
6. Who initializes the marriage between Karlsefni and Gudrid?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Eirik the Red.
7. Why does Gudrid not want to help Thorbjorg?
(a) Thorbjorg scares her.
(b) She is shy.
(c) Because she is a Christian.
(d) She considers the work beneath her.
8. What happens when Karlsefni and his men meet the natives?
(a) They stared at each other and then the natives left.
(b) Gudrid started converting them to Christianity.
(c) They fought, and several of Karlsefni's men are killed.
(d) Karlsefni took them prisoner.
9. How old was Karlsefni's son when they left Vinland?
10. What does Thorbjorg tell Gudrid?
(a) Her paths all lead to Iceland.
(b) She will start and great and eminent family line.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She will make a distinguished marriage that will not last long.
11. Which of the following best characterizes Gudrid's father?
(a) A former slave.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A chieftan.
(d) The owner of a large farm.
12. What does the uniped do to Thorvald?
(a) Drags him under water.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Shoots an arrow into his groin.
(d) Shoots poison darts at him.
13. What did Haki and Hekja leave to do?
(a) Start making a map of the area.
(b) Report on the settlements sighted to the north.
(c) Explore the country to the south.
(d) Find fresh water.
14. Where does Thorhall end up?
(a) He fled to the interior and was never seen again.
(b) Enslaved in Ireland.
(c) Perished at sea.
(d) He stayed at the native settlement they had seen from a distance.
15. What does Gudrid do for Thorbjorg?
(a) Encourage people to attend.
(d) Help set up her tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble is there with with Sigrid's corpse?
2. What does the uniped do when it sees Karlsefni and the men?
3. How does Thorbjorn announce his departure to Greenland?
4. How many people could fit in the small boat they had?
5. What does this speaker ask of Bjarni?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)