Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thorhall end up?
(a) He stayed at the native settlement they had seen from a distance.
(b) He fled to the interior and was never seen again.
(c) Perished at sea.
(d) Enslaved in Ireland.
2. When do Karlsefni and his men see the natives again?
(a) When they find another native settlement.
(b) In the Spring.
(c) Again and again over the Winter.
(d) Not again for almost two years.
3. What trouble is there with with Sigrid's corpse?
(a) It was too large.
(b) It smelled terrible in the small house.
(c) It kept telling false prophecies.
(d) It keeps trying to get into bed with Thorstein Eriksson.
4. What is the nature of the Christmas feast Eirik the Red served Karlsefni and company?
(a) Identical to what he served for his son's wedding.
(b) Stately and respectful.
(d) Lavish and beyond what most people had seen before.
5. How does Thorvald know they have found rich country just before he dies?
(a) There is plenty of fat around his entrails.
(b) He sees the glittering streak of gold in the rocks.
(c) Unipeds only defend rich land.
(d) He notices the black color of the earth.
6. What do Karlsefni and his natives do with the natives the second time they get visited?
(b) The natives show them how to plant corn.
(c) Karlsefni and his men show them their weapons.
(d) Karlsefni and his men give them gifts.
7. What kills many people while Thorstein and Gudrid are in Lysufjord?
(a) A disease.
(c) A terrible storm.
8. What did Haki and Hekja leave to do?
(a) Find fresh water.
(b) Start making a map of the area.
(c) Report on the settlements sighted to the north.
(d) Explore the country to the south.
9. Which of the following best characterizes Gudrid's father?
(a) A former slave.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A chieftan.
(d) The owner of a large farm.
10. Where does Thorstein's ship next put in to land after it leaves Eiriksfjord?
11. What does Leif find on his way home from Vinland?
(a) Shipwrecked seamen.
(b) A dead whale floating at sea.
(c) A new bay on Greenland.
(d) An abandoned ship at sea.
12. What caused Bjarni Grimolfsson's ship to sink?
(a) It was old and falling apart.
(b) It was over laden with cargo coming back from Vinland.
(c) Maggots in the water.
(d) Poor repairs done at sea.
13. What do the traders offer Eirik the Red when they arrive at Brattahlid?
(a) Their cargo for his home.
(b) A share in their business.
(c) That he could have anything he wanted from their cargos.
(d) To introduce him to the king of Norway.
14. Who was Thorhall?
(a) A cantankerous and unpopular trouble-maker.
(b) A swarthy huntsman.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A close friend of Eirik's.
15. What does Sigrid see in her vision?
(a) Gardi trying to flog others with a whip.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The corpses of herself and Thorstein Eriksson.
(d) A line of corpses outside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people could fit in the small boat they had?
2. What does the glittering thing turn out to be?
3. Why does Eirik get depressed as Christmas draws near when he has guests staying at Brattahlid?
4. What drives the natives away from their second visit?
5. Who initializes the marriage between Karlsefni and Gudrid?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)