Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Grænlendinga Saga, Chapters 1 - 2, Eirik Explores Greenland, Bjarni Sights Land to the West
1. Who is Thorvald?
2. Why do Eirik and Thorvald leave Norway?
3. Who is Leif?
4. What is Iceland like when Eirik the Red arrives there?
5. What causes a fight between Eirik and Thorgest?
6. What is Eirik sentenced with by the Thorsness Assembly?
7. Where does Eirik propose to go when he leaves Iceland?
8. What does Eirik do when he finds Greenland?
9. Why does Eirik name the land he discovered "Greenland"?
10. Which of the following best describes Bjarni?
11. What does Herjolf take with him when he emigrates to Greenland?
This section contains 1,941 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)