|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 12 - 14, Thorvald Eiriksson Dies, Bjarni Grimolfsson's Death, Karlsefni's Descendants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freydis get left behind?
(a) She is pregnant and can't keep up when they flee.
(b) She claims the natives are friendly.
(c) She refuses to leave the safety of the ship.
(d) She wants to stay and fight the natives.
2. Where do Karlsefni and Gudrid settle for the remainder of their lives?
(a) In Norway.
(b) In Iceland.
(c) In Greenland.
(d) Back on Vinland.
3. Who tries to join Leif Eiriksson in his journey but was injured at the last moment?
(a) His father.
(b) A Christian missionary.
(c) His wife.
4. Why does Bjarni worry about the trip to Greenland?
(a) Because it was the wrong season.
(b) Because the sea was full of pirates.
(c) Because none of the men had ever sailed there before.
(d) Because he did not trust Eirik the Red.
5. Who speaks to Bjarni when Bjarni gets on the life boat?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A scared little girl.
(c) The mother of three small children.
(d) A young Icelander who had traveled with Bjarni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Thorstein Eriksson and Gudrid to Lysufjord?
2. What does Thorkel prepare for Thorbjorg before her arrival?
3. What does this speaker ask of Bjarni?
4. When do Karlsefni and his men see the natives again?
5. What do Karlsefni and his natives do with the natives the second time they get visited?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)