|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eirik's Saga, Chapters 12 - 14, Thorvald Eiriksson Dies, Bjarni Grimolfsson's Death, Karlsefni's Descendants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What washes up on the shore over the winter when they are hungry?
(a) None of the above.
(b) An abandoned ship.
(c) Six sea lions.
(d) A whale.
2. Where do the brothers stay when they arrive in Vinland?
(a) In a house they build farther inland.
(b) In Leif's houses.
(c) All cramped inside the smallest of Leif's houses.
(d) On their ship.
3. Which of the following most accurately describes the descendants of Karlsefni and Gudrid?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are prolific and important.
(c) They ruled for many years.
(d) They are few but influential.
4. Who are the parents of Thorstein the Red?
(a) Eirik the Red and Thurid.
(b) The Invisible People.
(c) Aud and Olaf the White.
(d) Thurid and Olaf the White.
5. What is different about the trip Karlsefni makes to Vinland from the previous ones?
(a) He takes livestock.
(b) He takes more men and five women who will all share profits.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He intends to make a permanent settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the traders offer Eirik the Red when they arrive at Brattahlid?
2. What do the natives have an use that impresses Karlsefni and his men?
3. What do Leif and his men notice about the days on this new land compared to Greenland or Iceland?
4. What is Aud's full title?
5. What happens with the uniped after Thorvald dies?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)